Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

MH

Jun 25, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

176 - 200 of 2,395 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By ibrahim a

Apr 26, 2020

This course is really useful to know basics about what is going in a project, and i really liked the professor and the contents, it really helped me to have an overview about planning projects.

By Zuzana H

Oct 19, 2019

This was my first online course and I was afraid I would have a difficult time navigating the course but it could not have been easier and I was able to focus on my tasks, lectures and reading.

By Jose A G

May 08, 2016

It's a good start for those who want to learn about Project Management. In my case I want to refresh my knowledge and maybe use the Certificate Version to get the chace to take the test as PMP.

By SWATI J

Nov 20, 2019

This is a very well written, interactive course that provides a great foundation for Project Management learning. I highly recommend, with excellent case studies and all-encompassing quizzes.

By Amaefule C D

Jul 02, 2020

It was an awesome learning process for me, though it took longer, because of my environmental constraints, but the relief is hugely satisfying, because the first step was the most important.

By Angelica L

Jun 18, 2020

Absolutely loved this course! It was so easy to navigate on the website and the instructor had many modules and learning exercises that were very helpful. Will take the rest of the courses!!

By Akshay k C

May 15, 2020

It was my pleasure learning from University of California, Irvine.

And it was good platform for learning Intiating and Planning Projects,

And it's as simpler as learning through any platform..

By Claudia M

Jun 04, 2017

I'm very glad I took this course! It actually helped me organise the project I manage better and it gave the tools to have a better perspective on the approach. Surely a good recommendation!

By CHAYANIT N

Jan 04, 2020

Excellent and very practical courses. The examples/questions from the real life gave a me a crutial understanding of the course, especially the penalist session at the end, was of much use.

By Rafael d S D

Jul 10, 2020

Excelente curso, a qualidade das video-aulas tal a profundidade dos conteúdos mesmo com aulas tão curtas é realmente impressionantes, os conceitos são passados de maneira bem satisfatória.

By Timbake D

Mar 20, 2018

This course was not only organized really great with rich, various and quality content/slides, but also apply materials as well as useful links. They helped me to learn alot week by week.

By KAMPHA K N

Jun 12, 2020

This course gives you the basic idea about iniation and planning of project. It has all the jargons and terminologies necessary to understand and present the project iniation and planning

By Cristina H

Feb 12, 2020

Very helpful for beginners in project management. Concepts are introduced gradually and with relevant examples. The videos also make the learning process and content much more friendlier.

By Saidat O

Dec 13, 2018

Very insightful. Liked the different types of learning resources and I've definitely come away with a better understanding of project management and what it takes to be a project manager.

By Anna D S

Jul 03, 2017

Nicely presented, very practical. Definitely recommend to those starting their project management careers as well as those who learned by do and need more technical insight on the matter.

By Rajkumar T

Jun 28, 2017

It is really a great start for the program managers to learn the simple and effective techniques to improve the efficiency and performance of individual contribution and the overall proje

By Aditya D K

Apr 20, 2020

It was a great course. It helped me in deeply understanding the stakeholder management along with other necessary aspects which are to be considered at the initial stages of the project.

By Harshvardhan T

The Course introduces you to the world of Project Management right from the start and helps you to know and gain the know how as to how you should act in the role of an Project Manager.

By Raymond L C

Apr 26, 2020

This course is very informative. I recommend this to people who want to learn basic Initiating and Planning and start developing your self as a good Project Manager. Job well done here.

By Gordon Q M

Aug 02, 2018

This course can be applied to your personal life and you will immediately see improvements in your planning and logic when you take the time to use those tools learned from this course.

By Deepali K

Feb 25, 2018

Great content, specially the inclusion of chapter/lesson excerpts from PMBOK guide. The flash lesson modules also make it easy to grasp the content. Overall a great learning experience.

By Terence T

The programme was very structured and was easy to understand and capture all the main point of managing projects. Glad that i took up this course and now i have a better understanding.

By Dr.P.Shankar B

Apr 28, 2020

I am very happy to learn initiating and Planing projects this help for me to learn define the role n responsibillities of the project manager, Project planning and exhibit the plan.

By Abdallah S A

Mar 28, 2020

I'd like First to Thank your respected Team that allow For World Those Useful Materials ,it Was an Believable experience and self investment >>wish to be PMP Certified by ur efforts ..

By Ilgar G

Jun 19, 2020

This is a very beneficial course with its prolific videos, reading materials and highly-prepared quizzes. I totally recommend those who are working with or want to engage in projects.