Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

SY

Aug 31, 2020

The course is a very great asset to any aspiring project manager. You get to understand the fundamentals and essentials in any given project and the means to ameliorate conflicts amongst stakeholders.

151 - 175 of 2,864 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Gabe R P

Aug 24, 2020

I really grateful to complete this course, because today after all of this material that I've just finished, I know how important the theoretical of project management it is & how to implement all of that part in my work.

By Suhas M

May 08, 2020

It's a really good course. The course gives detail information and knowledge about Initiating and Planning process in projects. As a recent master graduate, I was able to relate each and every step thought in the modules.

By Rebecca T

Jun 12, 2019

Very easy, well-organized, and straightforward course for anyone who is brand new to project management. If you already have experience in this field, this course will be too easy for you, but it is perfect for beginners.

By Verny C

Dec 05, 2016

Highly concise but practical oriented course. It has great resource diversity in order to make learning experience interesting. Presenter complementary as well as panelist wrap-up's videos were very useful and motivating.

By Bruno A P

Apr 08, 2016

Content is very well organized within flash presentation and video lectures that are complementary to one another and also interrelated. The step by step approach really helps students to go through its content smoothly.

By Maisa H Q

Mar 16, 2017

Excellent course! It definitely provides a smooth way of introducing Project Management from a high-level and shot the big picture. I also like the use of situational exercises to confirm my understanding of the course.

By Adebola T

May 21, 2017

This is one of the best comprehensive online course I have come across. Highly detailed with case studies to broaden one's knowledge. However, a timer should be set to the quiz questions to shape up takers of the quiz

By Immanuel V

Apr 01, 2020

Great introduction to the topic. I have been engaged with project management in practice but was missing the theoretical foundation to back me up. I've learned a lot and will surely use it in the future. Thumbs up ;)

By MIAN S R

Oct 11, 2016

A simple and well organised first of the course regarding project management. As a bachelor of Mechatronics Engineer and currently enrolled in engineering management Master program, it really helped me a lot. thanks.

By Ricmar P M

Sep 16, 2020

I picked up important key points especially that I will have an interview for a project manager position in the coming days. Thank you for a very interesting, clear and concise course. Cant wait for the next stage.

By Dennis A S Y

Jul 13, 2020

I have widening my knowledge about project management and hope to exercise some of these skills learn from this course tp establish a better and a productive project. Thanks to the sponsors and tutor of this course

By César B V C

Aug 15, 2019

Ha sido muy útil lo aprendido.

He podido estructurar el desarrollo de los proyectos y dar un seguimiento que me ha ayudado a concretarlos. Cada Proyecto ha sido un reto diferente y ha dado frutos de manera positiva.

By LYNELLE T W Q

Jul 24, 2020

It is a great course to begin learning about project management and planning. The course structure was easy to follow and the powerpoint slides were particularly helpful in rehashing the points made in the videos.

By Gautam A K

Aug 05, 2019

Excellent course, well structured and presented. To get the total benefit of this course, I would recommend completing all courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization.

By KALP S

The course flow is extremely good and the way the expert delivers the course material and information is great. I do recommend this course for those who really want to grow in the field of the project management.

By Mouna L

Apr 19, 2020

The course is really amazing, including a lot of amazing informations to become a leader project manager. What I liked the most is the week 6 content including the sharing of expertise with some Project Managers.

By Thelma T G

Sep 18, 2017

This course is very interesting and the tutor Margaret Meloni is exceptional. She made it a great experience. It didn't even feel like i was taking a course and doing my job at the same time. I loved it. Thanks.

By Calla B

Apr 13, 2018

I get more basic knowledge for starting job as Project manager and have the deep understanding about these concepts, process, example or situations and solutions may be I will catch in my projects in the future.

By Aravind K

Mar 24, 2020

Although I took this course being a fairly experienced Project Manager, I learnt few new concepts. I suggest this course for a beginner Project Manager as it covers the real basics needed for a Project Manager

By Abidfaiz

Apr 21, 2018

I really enjoy this course, I know about the basics which help me in field,learnt tool and techniques which will be further helpful in related courses.I strongly recommended this course belonging from any field

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent overview and introduction to the material. Found it very supportive of the reading and gave me a much greater understanding of the subject matter. It was also presented in easily digestible pieces.

By Michael Y

Jul 04, 2016

Very well structured and well thought out course. The videos were insightful as they provided real advise that is relatable to many different career fields. I would recommend this course and program to others.

By Annie H

May 04, 2019

Provide you with the first basic overview of how a project works academically, information is clear and easy to understand, the suggestion on reading materials is helpful. thank you for uploading this course!

By Muhammad A Z

May 03, 2020

I loved the tutor's way of teaching. The way she engage the audience/students is amazing. Even though the audience is virtual but the method is very effective. Looking forward to learn more courses from her.

By Derek P

h

p

c

s

This course id very good. Its a great introduction for beginners and a refresher for practitioners. Highly recommend it to others