Back to Managing Project Risks and Changes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Project Risks and Changes by University of California, Irvine

This course will help you manage project risk effectively by identifying, analyzing, and communicating inevitable changes to project scope and objectives. You will understand and practice the elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance. You will be equipped with the tools to manage change in the least disruptive way possible for your team and other project stakeholders. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define components of a communications management plan 2. Understand the importance of communications channels 3. Define the key elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance 4. Identify project risk events 5. Prioritize identified risks 6. Develop responses for a high priority risk 7. Identify and analyze changes to project scope 8. Describe causes and effects of project changes 9. Define the purpose of conducting a lessons learned session...

CS
Nov 30, 2019

I enjoyed while reading this course as similar situations I had faced in my work.\n\nexcellent tutor for this course, clearly explained the real conditions as it happens in Industry and how to handle.

JR
Apr 9, 2017

The instructor is approachable, warm and relates the content to real world experiences which makes it more memorable. There is great value in the course and what you learn and how to apply it.

1026 - 1044 of 1,044 Reviews for Managing Project Risks and Changes

By Cristina H

Feb 21, 2020

Quite general / beginner content

By Camara C

Jun 7, 2017

The course is just okay.

By S

Jun 26, 2020

its ok

By NK

Jun 27, 2021

I currently have my PMP certification, but I needed PDUs to renew my certificate. I completed the Project Management Principles and Practices specialization from UCI to achieve the 35 PDUs, but I wasn't pleased with the course overall and had significant issues with the Capstone Project. The three courses included in the Project Management Principles and Practices specialization provide a practical introduction to Project Management. The Professors also discusses problems faced in actual prior projects (i.e. it's not theoretical), how to approach those problems and best practices, which was great.

From my perspective, however, there were a lot of problems with the course:

1​. It's not comprehensive. It glosses over a lot of items and unless you are either already familiar with project management applications and/or complete all the supplemental reading, it doesn't entirely prepare you for the capstone project.

2​. This is absolutely NOT the course to take if you are looking to understand project management principles to pass the PMP exam. Key components of the exam are only included in the slide decks - and even there are glossed over. So even though you will get the credit to sit for the exam, you will in no way be prepared for the exam. Instead, UCI encourages you to sign up for another course. This might seem like an unfair comment, but recognize that I took one $25 course on another online learning platform that provided me with 80% of what I needed to sit for the exam. I think this should be disclosed upfront in the FAQs to avoid confusion.

3​. I was infuriated by my so called peers in the Capstone Project. Of the 8 assignments I reviewed between the practice and final peer review assignments, only ONE met the criteria. There was another which provided a good high level start to the project, but was missing a lot of the details. In general, you could tell people didn't want to invest the time and effort into the capstone project. They simply wanted to complete the bare minimum (if that) in order to get the certificate. I also can't tell you how many submissions I had to flag for spam - and even outright plagirized content. You need to do the work; if you don't want to, you shouldn't take this course.

4​. I also encountered difficulty posting my certificate to the PMI (Project Management Institute) website. I wish the Provider ID were on the certificate and the name of the course exactly matched what was in their directly. I almost selected the wrong course, which would have given me fewer PDUs

A​s a result, I would not recommend this course, except to those who are curious to learn more about project management - but not necessarily wanting to sit for the exam.

By Anna W

Jun 18, 2017

I think there is a major thing that wasn't planned good. There has never been an available option of downloading the lessons of the Introduction to Project Management in a PowePoint/PDF document.

Printing these lessons page by page takes a lot of time and moreover is a terrible waste of paper and trees!!!

Even if I would like to save it in a electronic version I would have to save it page by page, for which I don't have time!

This is ridiculous, sorry

Sincerely, Anna Wolska, MSc, PhD

By Chris D

Apr 18, 2017

Questions seem geared towards school children. Having ridiculously obvious answers in multiple choice is an insult and I now think I've wasted my time doing this course as your accreditation will mean nothing to business in the future if you are just giving accreditation away so easily.

By Sareh H

Jan 14, 2017

I think that a lot more that could be explained and taught in this course. I would have preferred if some qualitative and qualitative risk identification and assessment were taught, and also solve good examples of risk response methods.

By Lisa C

Dec 10, 2020

If you've taken a general project management course this will seem very familiar and maybe unnecessary.

By Arthur J

The course is quite shallow and I feel like this course is just intended to sell the reference book ...

By Meyissan L

Apr 10, 2018

J'effectue un bon début d'apprentissage de gestion de projet suivant le concept du PMI. Je suis reconnaissant du corps enseignant et leurs collaborateurs pour leur dur travail au bien être de gestionnaires de projets des pays en développement. Merci

By Jimmie A

I could not take any of the quizes nor could I reset the deadlines even though the course is supposed to be taken at my own pace and I only started it a couple weeks ago.

By NDAGIJIMANA F

Oct 29, 2020

i found that i not in my field of study i want learn engineering caurse

By Karamchand H

Nov 23, 2020

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to upgrade myself. But I ca

By Ve'dra T

Oct 31, 2019

hard to navigate redid many videos because I was unsure where I was

By Volkan A

Feb 6, 2019

zu Abstrakt und sehr wenig Bezug wirtschaft

By Agata L

May 23, 2018

Just do a PMBOK course or buy a book.