Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AF

Sep 12, 2016

Amazing course. I loved each lesson, the examples, the methodology, the teacher is Amazing!!! (Feel like we're friends now!) Very easy to follow exercises and achievable assignments.

DR

Mar 01, 2017

I absolutely enjoyed this course! I gained the confidence I was looking for through the positive instructor\n\nChrissy Tignor Fisher she really made it fun.

51 - 75 of 121 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By Michelle A

Aug 23, 2016

Great course with a fantastic teacher who kept every lesson easy to understand and interesting. Thank you for this course, it was really useful!

By Isak A

Aug 08, 2017

Excelente

By Jaehwi C

Dec 23, 2017

Great course for learning Pro Tools

By Natalie K

Feb 16, 2018

This course was sawsome, Chrissy is a great presenter and I learnd so much from this course. Thank you! I am really interested in attending more Berklee courses but unfortunately I can't afford them. Anyways, thanks for this great free course. I absolutely enjoyed it!

By Gelson B

Mar 08, 2016

Very good tool to get introduced into the serious DAW world. Recommended!

By Feng T

Sep 13, 2016

简单易懂

By Leo A

Aug 25, 2017

Amazing course, The teacher was amazing and made learning on Pro Tools easy and exciting.

My only gripe isn't with the teacher but the class requirement description. If you don't have Pro Tools, you will have to either buy it or have the 30 day free trial but you will also need an iLok that costs $50 so be prepared to POSSIBLY spend more than you expected if you think you want to audit or even take the class.

By Jan S

Mar 16, 2016

An absolute joy! Chrissy has a wonderful presentation style and an ability to explain in detail without patronising the student. The best Pro Tools course I have undertaken, and the first Coursera course I have felt comfortable actually submitting work to.

I would be eager to follow any other Pro Tools courses presented by Chrissy.

By Branislav S

Jun 14, 2016

Very nice basic course. Pretty understandable.

By Luis M

Mar 02, 2016

This class has been the best Pro Tools course I have studied .Chrissy Tignor-Fisher has put together an incredible progressive lesson plan . The video lessons are top notch . The quality of audio and visual are crystal clear . The information is presented and demonstrated with such clarity it keeps you wanting to learn more . Chrissy I,m at week 4 of your 5 week Basic Pro Tools course . I took the class so I can really start tapping into the power of Pro Tools and get my studying habits back up to par . Yes there are assignments and deadlines through out this course . Thanks to the Coursera and Berklee Team for providing this platform of education . I look forward to participating in more courses provided by Coursera.

By Daniel W

Mar 12, 2018

Nice.

By Camilo A C P

Aug 23, 2016

Great teacher! Entertaining, easy and fast way to learn Pro Tools! She's Awesome!!! :D

By Roberto S

Mar 09, 2016

She is so lovely.. She's an amazing instructor..

By CARLOS W A

Jun 12, 2018

This course gave me the basic knowledge necessary to face a musical production with the use of Protools. The instructor dictated the classes in a very jovial way, effectively transmitting her extensive experience in this DAW.

By Nathalie D M

Jul 22, 2016

Great course with all the basics covered and clearly explained with good examples.

By Mitch M

Mar 09, 2016

Thanks a lot! :-)

By cesar

Aug 10, 2016

Great!!!

By Maria d L L A

Apr 17, 2017

Excellent course, very well organized and the teacher is really direct and clear, which made it much more effective!

By Silvia d A

Feb 23, 2017

Very interesting course! Although I knew a couple of things before, I also learned a lot. On the other side, I was a bit limited at the moment of doing assignments since I used Pro Tools First. So certain things were only theory for me. However there was a lot of things to learn and I did! Thanks Chrissy!

By Gustavo V

Mar 21, 2016

This course is a good shortcut to start Music Production using Pro Tools. Practical tips and relevant information.

By Amanda A d A e A

Jun 01, 2017

Better than expected! This course gives many clues and useful tips to create a complete song from scratch.

By Nelson G C

Oct 16, 2017

The best Ever i learn a lot

By Raffaele C

Dec 25, 2016

Very nice course!

By Bruno N G C

May 31, 2016

Excelent.

The basics of Pro Tools; but also the basics of elementary concepts of audio and music production. The teacher is awesome, super understandable.

With just this course you are set up and ready to go on the Pro Tools journey on your own.

By Christian S

Aug 16, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. Its everything I wanted to do and learn. Thank you so much.