Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AF

Sep 12, 2016

Amazing course. I loved each lesson, the examples, the methodology, the teacher is Amazing!!! (Feel like we're friends now!) Very easy to follow exercises and achievable assignments.

DR

Mar 01, 2017

I absolutely enjoyed this course! I gained the confidence I was looking for through the positive instructor\n\nChrissy Tignor Fisher she really made it fun.

101 - 120 of 120 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By Maximiliano A

Feb 29, 2016

Muy bueno.

By Colleen T

May 22, 2017

Really fun course. Especially nice to take right after the Technology of Music Production, which was very theoretical.

By Bruno A

Jul 15, 2017

I found very limiting when the course proposes for us to have to use synth and samplers.

Some people produces different sound and need to get adopt really quickly to do something reasonable.

I believe that configuration and path could be inserted in a PDF as instruction .

By Jay M

Jul 11, 2017

Good class. In fact, I think this class should have been done before the Technology class as it covered a few things that were included in the Technology class in a much simpler fashion. I don't use ProTools, so I suffered through this class with ProTools First, which created a lot of limitations on what I could do (i.e. no sampler), but I did learn a lot more from this class than I expected that could be applied outside of ProTools.

By Vasco R M B

Jan 29, 2017

a little too short but good

By Juan D S

Jun 09, 2016

Some creative stereo FX will be better for the course

By Angelene M S V

Mar 24, 2016

Complicated things made so easy to understand!

By Benjamin H

Dec 03, 2017

This course did a good job of realizing the theoretical concepts introduced in Technology of Music Production, walking through how to do the different things discussed earlier. I found a lot of success taking this and the previous course concurrently, working through the theory in the Tech course and realizing it in Pro Tools Basic.

My biggest critique was with the use of the external system to submit and give feedback on assignments. I found it clunky and much slower than the system native to Coursera and would recommend that instead.

By Jose A L J

Mar 22, 2017

Great introduction course. Unfortunately the Protools free version is very weak and limited. After I finished the course there was no motivation to go ahead with so many limitations in the SW. I can't even create more than 3 songs :-( Besides that, the ProTools price is too high to buy it for personal use.

By Nicky L P

Oct 03, 2016

Great introduction to Pro Tools even for the seasoned amatuer who's been playing around with DAWs. I now have basic skills with Pro Tools, plus my editing and mixing skills have improved. This course won't make you a pro but it's a great introduction and well worth your time if you're a newbie or have stalled in your amatuer persuits. **thumbs up**

By Eric L

Nov 04, 2019

Excellent! I learned a ton of really useful and important info about using ProTools and DAW’s in general. The live recording demos were great!

By Pablo S L B

Jul 07, 2017

Interesting if you already have experience with any other DAW and want to switch.

By Eric B

Oct 30, 2016

Standart indutrie DAW, but not my favorite. Good performance from the teach! I had many issue with pro Tools first, be sure to get a full vertion and an iLok key from avid before enrolling, will save much stress and trouble.

By Sanilmon L

Feb 14, 2018

Awesome

By Marcos F

Jun 18, 2019

Se demoró mucho en recibir calificación, al punto que di de baja la suscripción... Alguien encargado del curso debería supervisar que se estén recibiendo las co-evaluaciones y cuando no las hay o se demoran más de 48 horas , calificar, de lo contrario parece que quisieran que pasara esto para recaudar más fondos.

By Guilherme P R

Oct 05, 2016

For a course with the name "Pro Tool Basics", I was expecting some specific knowledge about this particular software but what the course really teaches is basic music production things (samples, synthesizers, how to create tracks, how to record audio, compressors, EQs, etc).

As I am already a music producer using Logic Pro, I was hoping to learn more about the software itself and its differences in comparison with other DAWs in the market, so I was a little bit disappointed in the end!

By Timothy C

Jun 23, 2016

Although it is a very informative class and Chrissy is a good teacher, I am finding this class to be EXTREMELY troublesome unless one possesses the means to purchase a great deal of equipment and product to work within Pro Tools. It should be noted that Pro Tools First (the "FREE" version I downloaded) is a DETRIMENT to learning in this course and will effect your grade negatively. I am also dismayed by the lack of community participation in the forums. On other Berklee / Coursera classes, this hasn't been nearly as much of a problem.

By Jukka W

Jul 17, 2018

Complete waste of time. Even for a "basics" class, I felt that this course was too simplistic. I also never got my final assignment assessed, despite re-enrolling in the course a few times. This prevented me from completing this course and then being able to enroll in the capstone course for the Music Production certificate, which I would have liked to have gotten.

By Iordanis / Ι Σ

Apr 25, 2017

Except the fact that it was taught well, I believe that pressuring people work with a specific program to pass a course is not helpful. I believe that instead of learning how to handle PRO TOOLS from scratch you should change the course to something more creative like recording different instruments, measuring the studio space, monitors and much more helpful things than advertise and make AVID richer.

Friendly

All the best

By Santiago A D

Jun 19, 2019

This is not necessary for people using other programs to make music. It makes for a bit boring course for people to get through on the Music Specialization Course