Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AP
Jul 26, 2020

This is Ashish From Indian(Gujarat).I am new student for this course.I really enjoyed a session. specially Chrissy Tignor maam teaching fantastic.I really enjoyed a lot to her session.\n\nthank you.

M
Jul 9, 2020

Amazing instructor and lot of knowledge to be gained. One of the best course to learn about any DAW. Specially the mixing and mastering course material was helpful to make the track sound amazing.

26 - 50 of 169 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By mark h

Apr 16, 2020

I've been a ProTools user for some time now and have grown with PT since version 6.

However, some bad habits started to ball and chain the process. 'Pro Tools Basics' helped to identify these and reveal better methods. After completing this course my project workflow has improved greatly!

By Bashar A N

Jul 29, 2018

This was the most fun out of the 3 other courses. Chrissy has a unique way of teaching, the way she talks, moves and interacts makes you feel you're in a real class. Tough most of the information were simple but definitely needed. I seriously benefited out of it. Thank you Chrissy.

By Amal S

Aug 6, 2020

I already had some knowledge but this course helped me to understand every basic protools essential from Recording to Mix & Master. Enjoyed the course and Special Thanks to ICTAK & Coursera, Berklee. Chris Tignor did a great job. This course is absolutely useful to Beginners.

By Natalie K

Feb 16, 2018

This course was sawsome, Chrissy is a great presenter and I learnd so much from this course. Thank you! I am really interested in attending more Berklee courses but unfortunately I can't afford them. Anyways, thanks for this great free course. I absolutely enjoyed it!

By Itamar P

Mar 23, 2017

Great! The course is very cool Well thought out, practical and fast, I was able to learn in a very short time all the tools needed to continue learning. Today I'm doing all my recordings in Pro Tools. Many thanks to Chrissy Tignor-Fisher for the brilliant teachings.

By Paul M

Sep 7, 2017

This was a challenging course that really taught me what I needed to learn. I have wanted to know how music production is done in the all-digital domain with a DAW for years. Now I have my DAW, some software, and I am using it to make music! Thank you Chrissy!

By Bruno N G C

May 31, 2016

Excelent.

The basics of Pro Tools; but also the basics of elementary concepts of audio and music production. The teacher is awesome, super understandable.

With just this course you are set up and ready to go on the Pro Tools journey on your own.

By Arturo F C F

Jun 13, 2019

This is the best course I've ever taken. It filled any gap that there could have been in my knowledge. Yes it is basic, but it doesn't leave chance to doubt. If you want to learn about production, this course will set a solid base to do it.

By Elizabeth " L

Apr 19, 2017

This is an excellent course! It takes you through all the steps you will need to start producing music with Pro Tools. The instructor (ChrissyTignor-Fisher) gives some awesome tips that will help you make your productions even better.

By Wilfredo A

Jun 12, 2018

This course gave me the basic knowledge necessary to face a musical production with the use of Protools. The instructor dictated the classes in a very jovial way, effectively transmitting her extensive experience in this DAW.

By Дмитрий М

Oct 5, 2017

My great gratitude to all who developed this course and to Chrissy Tignor-Fisher in particular. Difficult things have become much more simplier, no matter what DAW you have. Thank you and hope to see yo in person some day.

By Steven S

Dec 12, 2017

I may be using Pro Tools in the future due to this course! I am definitely comfortable working with artists who use it now! I understand how to make a track in Pro Tools and even understand microphone concepts.

By Josip G

Nov 19, 2018

Great course. A great benefit is that everything is explained very well and can be applied to any DAW with some fiddling around, not just Pro Tools. The course also covers the production process very well.

By Ujjwal B

Dec 5, 2019

It was an amazing experience to be a part of this course. Lots of thanks to Berklee college of Music, teacher Christy and all the learners in coursera for this course. Warm greetings and king regards!!

By Mohit C P

Jul 10, 2020

By Ashish J P

Jul 27, 2020

thank you.

By Mohammed O

Nov 19, 2019

after the 2nd week, I'm very excited to continue learning more and more in an audio engineering and music production fields.

Very clear presenting

carefully arranged topics

very helpful course

By Andrew O

This course as helped me a lot I work a lot in Logic Pro x but took on this course and I have learnt so much over the past weeks and will apply what I have learnt to creating music.

By Igor A

Dec 10, 2019

I'm glad I finally found coursera instead of spending many hours watching a video on YouTube. Useful and structured information in a readable form. Just great!

By Anais B

Jun 1, 2020

Great course! So easy to follow and learn from Chrissy. Definitely a great way to learn how to use the program and navigate through it in a professional way.

By Heather L

Sep 4, 2017

This is a very useful course and Chrissy is a fantastic instructor. Would love to take another course with her - she makes everything easy to understand.

By Michelle A

Aug 23, 2016

Great course with a fantastic teacher who kept every lesson easy to understand and interesting. Thank you for this course, it was really useful!

By Teddy O

Oct 20, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to ProTools. The Instructor is very personal and clear in her teaching! Highly recommend it!

By André L C A

Aug 19, 2017

Excelent course. Covers all the basics on Pro Tools and gives you lessons to train yourself in the common tasks for music production.

By Mari K

Nov 7, 2020

Great Course. Not sure I'm really sold on Protools as my "go to" but it truly taught me a steady understanding of the DAW.