Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

201 - 225 of 2,755 Reviews for Python Basics

By Habib H S

Apr 25, 2019

This is just awesome for starting python.

I tried some youtube courses and others in Udemy. But believe me this one is way better then those.

The design is this course's contents are perfectly arranged with practice and examples and teachers are highly skilled and their teaching style is also friendly.

By Alison C S S

Nov 7, 2019

Simply the best online course I've ever done! The methodology is highly intuitive and helps learners keep track of all they've learned, not to mention the bunch of exercises that contribute a lot to put all the knowledge into practice!

I look forward to taking the next courses for this specialization!

By PANIDAPU H C

Mar 30, 2020

First of all I want to THANK ALL THE GUIDERS(THE PROFESSORS). This course is very helpful to me.I am happy that I have worked heartfully and earned my certificate.Not only I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE PROFESSORS AND ALSO THE COURSERA TEAM FOR PROVIDING THIS WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR ONLINE TEACHING.

By Aryan O

First of thanks for helping me out with financial aid by which I was able to complete my python basics course it really means a lot at this situation the course was just awesome it helped me learn all of the basics which is been required to understand python keep the great work doing guys thanks.

By Bret G

Dec 21, 2020

This was a great introductory course for picking up Python! I plan on taking as many of the other 4 courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization as I can, and after taking this course, I feel confident of taking on courses 2-4. The final course task still feels daunting at this point.

By Atanu K

Aug 12, 2019

This course is really helpful for them who are starting to learn python from basic level. The assignments and practice sessions are really good and the best part is you will learn the concept along with good amount of hands on. I'll recommend the course whoever wants to learn python basics.

By Andrew B

Mar 21, 2021

This course is an excellent option for reviewing the basics in Python. Although I have completed a couple of other beginner Python courses, I still learned a few new things in this one. This course is lengthier than others on the same topic, so be prepared to spend some time completing it.

By Dylan Z

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It really gives you an understanding of the basics of the python language. If you really want to master the language this is a great starting point just remember to supplement it with the python documentation so you are getting the most out of your experience.

By LUIS M

Oct 27, 2020

I successfully completed the course and I am really pleased about it, I can tell that I was able to learn a great deal about the basics on python programming and Im looking forward to continue working on this subject. Hopefully I will be able to complete the full program on this platform.

By Alfian T

A great course with lots of detail explained and practice questions to help you gain a deep understanding of Python Basic. However, if you have some previous basic programming knowledge, the material in the beginning will be quite boring so I think you can just speed up the explanation.

By Matthew S

Apr 30, 2020

A good introduction to the basics. It covers everything from 'Hello world' to string operations, for loops, and conditionals. If you're already familiar with other programming languages, it's fairly easy and should take about a week. It's useful for quickly picking up the Python syntax.

By Yash J B

Jul 17, 2020

It's an amazing course with a very deep fundamental knowledge of Python but if you have come here after programming for everybody(getting started with python) course than you''ll feel this course a little tedious and repetitve. Although this was is very deep dive into basics of Python.

By Abhishek N

First i thought it's going to be a difficult course.

You Know, it's one of the best universities in the world. I thought "their basic level is gonna be a hard level for me"

But the way they teach us is............awesome!!

I don't know about certificate fee.. but I recommend you to join.

By David S

Feb 3, 2020

A very well structured course in the thematic part; with a very good practice tool that complements the courses. Although it is an introductory course of the python language, it gives us all the necessary tools and more than necessary to start in the language and continue learning.

By KEERTHIRAJ G

Aug 23, 2020

It is really nice course,It is very useful to learn basic knowledge about python to understand that.

and also the am like to say thanks to Michigan university and the professors who teach this course.

and also the external tool given in this course is good to learn some more basics.

By Oriana P P

El curso sobrepaso mis expectativas, me encanto la metodología, el material proporcionado para es estudiar fue el más acertado, ademas del uso de la tecnología para el aprendizaje me dejo anonadada.

Muchas gracias a todas las personas que hacen todo esto posible. Dios los bendiga.

By Abhinav R

Jul 2, 2020

As someone already who has some experience in python, this was no doubt an easy course for me but still challenging nevertheless. The exercises were a bit repetitive but it's for your own good. Really enjoyed the course, looking forward to the next course in the specialization.

By Maria E N

Great course! No need for any prior knowledge, very well organized and explained. The tests helped me check my understanding and use my creativity on real projects. Steve Oney was my absolute favourite instructor, I never had a single question after his lectures! Recommend it!

By Eduardo d L M

Jul 12, 2020

It is an amazing course which covers almost everything that is necessary to understand how python works. The teachers offer you a lot of content to read and pratice before the assignments. I strongly recommend to do this course if you want to learn the details of basic python.

By Ashwinkumar P

Dec 13, 2019

For beginners, new comers in programming this course is absolutely amazing.

One thing I really liked in this course was the runestone textbook. The textbook being interactive is of great value. I learned most of the stuff from it before moving on to videos which made it easier

By Cristian M P D

Mar 13, 2019

Great course for learning the basics in Python 3. The book is really useful and the exercises make you think a lot. You'll have to sit for a while and think how to figure out what to do. That's a good thing for a course if you really want to learn how to think in programming.

By Kaushik N D

Jul 16, 2020

The Course is very useful especially for beginners. It also has a textbook feature where the programmers can practice coding and solve some exercises, which makes this course even more special. Overall, it's a first stepping stone towards learning to program using Python3

By Nicolas S V

Apr 4, 2020

Nice basics course. I consider exercises to be didactic and well structured. You will get the basic concepts of programming as well as a nice introduction to the Python language. As an experienced developer, I completed the whole course in less than two hours. Have fun!!

By Hanz X P

Oct 3, 2020

I love it even though I am not a so good person having a brilliant mind. The professors were good in teaching and I recommended the course practices for beginners. And the course notes was very helpful since it it also interactive also with explanations and assessments.

By GAUTAM J

Excellent Course. The interactive textbook is very very good. It helps a lot in learning the key concepts. You can run the code while reading it. The exercises are also very good. The instructors are also brilliant. Perfect course for beginners who want to learn python.