Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC
Apr 28, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

NS
Apr 9, 2016

Python for everyone is One of the Best Course on MOOC platform .\n\nDr. Chuck made it interesting and Knowledgeable. Way back 3 Months ,I can't even thing of the stuff that I leaned and implemented .

126 - 150 of 1,423 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By Robin P

Feb 7, 2018

A perfect start to programming. It took me some time to get the assignments right, but I'm confident that my skills will continue to improve. Dr. Chuck is an excellent teacher, and the rest of the staff is also very reactive. Best MOOC I took so far.

By Eric K

Sep 10, 2019

This is a good course in that it explains how to do a great deal of practical things using what you've learned in the first four courses in this specialization. What I know now compared to what I knew when I started the specialization is incredible.

By Ms. S G

Aug 10, 2020

thanks to the instructor for proving so much learning and knowledge. i have taken very much interest in this specialization course and completed all the courses very well now, i am waiting for my specialization certificate to enhance by resume.

By Stan G

Aug 9, 2019

Great course, but you only get out of it what you put in. You can get full credit with just a bit of work. If you do more than that, and actually try to modify the programs and create a real project for yourself, you'll be much better off.

By Michael L

Jun 17, 2017

Excellent course with in depth explanations. It is well structured. It learn to access Web Data, Databases, and retrieving, processing and visualizing data from very basics to optimum level. It help me to understand details of using Python.

By R A

Sep 24, 2020

It was one of the best courses which i have taken.It was better than college teaching,i gained a lot of knowledge and i will implement it for my future courses thank you Chuck severance sir and Michigan University for this wonderful course

By Md S I

Jul 28, 2020

Awesome course! It was much fun for me and that's why I completed 5 courses in a row! I will recommend everyone to enroll this course without any hesitation !

Lastly, Thank you Dr. Chuck! Hope I will see you one day to tell it in person!

By Galina K

Dec 20, 2019

Amazing course. Very easy to follow and understand. I have just finished my probation on a new job analyzing data using Python :))))) Great Thanks to Charles Russell Severance! Thank you for making it super easy and fun to learn Python :)

By Joshua B

Nov 10, 2018

Very exceedingly practical concepts taught in this specialization. The teaching techniques aren't perfect, but what is taught is absolutely superb! The things you learn in this course you will use about every day of your programming life.

By YANG J

Jul 15, 2020

A bit easy with the capstone project as the course provides every material so there's not much compulsory coding. Good for beginners like me as it gives me a sense of data mining and visualization. Really helpful to learning paths ahead.

By Lalit D

Jun 7, 2020

There is a question in the quiz which is a joke from science fiction. So look out for it. When I submitted the quiz and saw the hint, I was like wait... what! Is that really the question? It was funny. Dr Charles is amazing as usual.

By John B

Feb 27, 2021

Python with Dr Chuck is the best computer class I've taken in many years. I am incredibly grateful to him and the staff, not to mention Coursera, VTS Online, and the University of Michigan for helping me obtain this opportunity.

By Kedar J

Jun 6, 2018

Great course with a lot of practical examples. The code repos were awesome way to learn Python rather than just the theory. Apart from the lectures, the bonus interviews were inspiring. Thanks you Dr. Chuck for adding those here!

By Alvaro E

Feb 17, 2017

Chuck is a very good teacher. The course is gradually increasing difficulty, but always entertained and understandable. The good sense of humor and the special get together of Chuck with students around the wqorld, makes a plus.

By Edgar D A C

Dr. Charles Severance has finally convinced me, a musician/performing artist to tackle programming for the first time, with joy and enthusiasm. A brilliant teacher and a brilliant course, thank you for putting all this together!

By Rinat K

May 7, 2020

Thank you very much for the course. It contains a lot of valuable information and hands-on exercises, so the knowledge gained in the course can be directly used for day-to-day activities while interacting with programming world.

By Etsuko A

Mar 8, 2017

I knew nothing about programming when I started taking this course. Dr. Chuck's textbook and lectures are very fun and easy to understand. Mentors responded quickly and gave us great advice. I learned a lot from this course!

By Sergio R H J

Jul 16, 2020

hay una pregunta en la cual dice que hay que buscar la linea que contiene el error pero si el estudiante coloca otra opción de 3 queda mal por ejemplo puse line 3, se puede especificar que solo el numero de la fila, gracias

By Phyllis L W

Mar 23, 2020

Outstanding professor! Provide easy-to-follow direction and engagement. If your interest involves learning by doing through hands-on experience, in-text video, and varied resources this is course is most valuable for you!

By Rafael V

Sep 15, 2020

If you want to learn Python, Python for Everybody is the best option. It´s easy to understan if you don´t know nothing about coding. I'm trying Googles python cours and is SO confusing.

Dr Chuck teaching style is so clear.

By Harshil

Mar 30, 2020

The course starts with absolute zero and teaches all of the basics required to get started with the language of python. I am really grateful to the university of Michigan and coursera for having such a wonderful course.

By Ashutosh P

Jul 18, 2020

This is the best ever python course program that I have purchased and completed successfully with a lot of knowledge. Thank you so much Dr. Chuk sir you are my inspiration to continue my learning never-ending learning.

By PRATYASHA S

This course was very helpful for me to have a very good grasp over Python programming. Prof. Chuck is indeed a great teacher helping students to learn from scratch. I am glad I have successfully completed this course.

By Ermishin A

Dec 28, 2017

Dr. Chuck gives a material and you can implement any data visualization you like and be proud of your result! The Capstone helps you to think about ways of doing your own project and teaches how to do it. Nice course!

By Xilin W

Aug 4, 2017

in this course, Dr.Chuck teaches how to retrieve process and visualize data using python javascript and sqlite3. It is so interesting and exciting that after all the four courses, I finally produced something awesome!