Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC
Apr 28, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

JC
May 25, 2017

I found this course a little bit easier that some of the previous courses, however, it allowed me to gain experience managing a larger projects that encompass several languages and multiple programs.

201 - 225 of 1,384 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By Shrinivas

Jun 4, 2016

I would strongly recommend for those interested in learning python. I will give 100% + rating to Dr Chuck. he is the one of the best teacher i have ever found.

By Mahesh S

Jun 9, 2020

It really lovely journey through this Python specialization. Dr. Chuck made is very easy and interesting. Concepts are explored very nicely and fun while learning.

By Rafael E F O

Jan 16, 2019

It was awesome to do the projects of this capstone and to learn about data modeling, pagerank algorithm, web scrapping, email data parsing and data visualization.

By AKANKSHYA N

Jul 30, 2020

This was my first specialization course in coursera. This is the best course for python. At last you won't believe that you have learned so much:) THANK YOU!

By Win H N

Sep 27, 2020

It give a lot of knowledge during covid19 period for me.

Especially thanks to coursera and constructor

Charles Russell Severance.You give me a lot of things.

By Ankush R

Apr 20, 2020

Excellent Course. Thank you Dr Chuck. You have a new fan now. I will be doing more courses from you. You have made it sound so simple. Thanks Again. Ankush

By Celine A

Aug 28, 2020

A well structured and easy to follow course for beginners. The notions are well explained and the quizzes/assignments are directly related to the lessons.

By 黃中彥

Jan 6, 2019

The most important is not the certification. Is how much you learned. I learned very much by reproducing the works. Thank you dr.Chuck and teaching staff.

By Luis T

Dec 13, 2018

Great course, because you can explore the inmense capacity of python for data retrieving, spidering the web and visualization of the most common content.

By Zawmyo H

Jul 4, 2020

This is a final course of Python Specialization offered by University of Michigan. This is a great course who want to do the python projects with Data.

By Rifat R

Apr 30, 2020

Professor, I would like to pursue my PhD degree under your supervision. I have a large interest on NLP, AI, Data science. Thanks for your cooperation.

By Willem N

Aug 11, 2019

Couldn't believe that I would be able to complete the course! I am thankful I pressed on. Now I have more confidence to take on another Python course.

By Ghosh A

Aug 12, 2018

This course was most important one. It cleared lot of doubt on web scraping. Many Thanks for introducing me to JS and Google charts for visualization.

By Joshua M

Jan 22, 2018

Fantastic specialization - I have accomplished so much in my career over the last several years because of this information.

Thank you Chuck! You rock!

By K. R J

Apr 8, 2016

5 stars for inspiring gazillion confidence with the exercises

3 stars for not pushing us hard during capstone

Mean of 4

Nah !! Actually 5 Its perfect !

By Shristi S

Nov 7, 2020

It was a great course. I recently completed my project and all my concepts of python are clear. All the video lectures, assignments are very helpful.

By Piyush D

The best course and specialization present in terms of MOOCs.

Dr. Charles is a magician, from Slytherin and he helped me learn Parselmouth (Python).

By Christi J V

Nov 10, 2017

A fantastic course and a fantastic specialization. It has given me all the confidence and skill that I needed to be able to program using Python.

By Yeo K N

Sep 25, 2020

This marks the end of a wonderful learning journey from knowing nothing about Python, being able to understand the syntax, and write programmes

By Philip D

Sep 5, 2018

This was a nice way to wrap up the specialization. A lot of useful tricks used in the examples that will no doubt be referenced in the future.

By Jaafar A

Aug 21, 2020

Very good course, I learned how to program from scratch and now I am more confident to program and also to learn other programming languages.

By Arya H

It has been a great experience learning python and Dr.Chuck is really an inspiring teacher. Everyone should definitely take up this course.

By Ty W

Aug 25, 2019

Dr Chuck was great as always and I learned more about Python, however, I thought it would be more challenging and involve more programming.

By Eric P

Aug 1, 2019

I can't recommend this specialization highly enough. Dr. Chuck is a great instructor and presents the material in a clear and concise way.

By MAYURESH M M

This was a great journey from last to end. I learned a lot of new things and important things thank you Dr.chuk for being beautiful guide.