Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks. SPECIAL NOTE: Python Programming: A Concise Introduction course will close for new learner enrollment on 2/16/22. In order to earn a Course Certificate, you will need to complete all graded assignments by 8/16/22. If you are interested in earning a Course Certificate for this course, please upgrade or apply for Financial Aid by 8/16/22. If you are a Coursera for Business learner, you can continue to use your sponsored credit through that date....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

RR
Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for the clear explanations and the easy examples. I think it is a good introductionary course and it gives a good starting point to move further to more sophisticated topics and applications.

251 - 275 of 1,440 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Cody T

May 28, 2017

This is a great course that teaches you the basics of python. I plan on taking more python courses at a higher level, but this was a nice way to get my feet wet in a new language.

By WESONGA B W

Jul 14, 2021

Patience will get you there. They seem complex at first, but as long as you follow the instructor's notes, you'll pass most of the assignments. As a beginner, consistency is key.

By Aakash M

Feb 6, 2021

Course and material was very much in sync.

Course was well prepared with sufficient information and exercise for all the new learners.

Recommended course for new python learners.

By Yan S

Apr 28, 2018

This is my first time to learn about phyton. After I joined and completed the course, I have better understanding about python programming. This course suit for beginner like me.

By Vishal S

Dec 30, 2020

I really loved the course and specifically how it is designed that is not completely theoretically but practical exercise explanation, answer and self exercise and it's grading.

By Enrique M V

Sep 9, 2017

I enjoyed Professor Boyd method. This Python Programming Course was exciting, challenging and fantastic. I would like to have more courses like this one. Thoroughly recommended.

By Ed

Aug 15, 2017

I sincerely like to thank the teacher of this course for explaining everything so clearly. i learned the fundamentals of python quickly and am ready to advance on higher topics.

By Maria F P d S C T

Feb 26, 2021

I've always had a little trauma with programming, but with this course, I began to love it! I really enjoyed doing it. The lessons are easily understandable and well explained.

By David D

May 3, 2020

Very nice introduction to python, explaining in step by step the basics of the language. Thanks Bill for your effort and the format is very interesting to take further courses.

By Gabriela I

May 1, 2020

Easily taught useful skills without a lot of time wasted on long explanations. Everything was to the point and it gave you some good skills to learn to navigate and use Python.

By Liviu P

Nov 5, 2017

Excellent course for beginners! However as the title mentions this is just an introduction and much more effort should be undertaken in order to gain advanced Python expertise.

By Gaudencio G

Sep 26, 2017

I had no experience with python language or coding at all and finished this course knowing how to code in Python. Perfect introduction if you're looking for a solid start in th

By Bettina B

Jul 20, 2021

H​aving a little programming experience and background (VBA in college 10+ years ago, some Excel), this course was a good intro to Python language. Definitely learned by doing

By Kien N

Jun 28, 2021

The course is easy to follow and understand. It is really a beginner's course especially for those who have no programming background or coming from different coding language.

By Robson G D

Sep 10, 2017

Solid package for an introductory course: it has a good pace, clear language and explanations, and delivers a nice amount of content for its duration. Definitely recommended!

By Bahar W

Jul 17, 2017

I've been a real-time embedded programmer for 20+ years. I'm make a transition to cloud computing and Machine Learning. This was the perfect course to jump start that journey.

By Brayan A I M

Jul 27, 2020

The course is perfect for beginners; Explains clearly and is easy to understand. I would recommend this course with my friends, since Python is a great tool in academic life.

By Abdullah

Aug 18, 2019

Learned a lot of things and this course is very helpful for the begginers and the mentors and teacher himself help the students in solving their quiries in discussion session

By Alias W

Jan 25, 2018

This course did exactly what it advertises. The instructor is prompt to answer any questions you post to the forums. I'm happy with this course, especially since it was free!

By Polavarapu S

Apr 21, 2020

This is really a very good course with good content, we can learn step by step process in the implementation of the code. The instructor is very awesome in his explanation.

By Wen

May 7, 2021

Many thanks for this introductory course! Very useful (I have used the skills learned to write different codes to automate some of my data collection and analysis tasks).

By Edgard C

May 7, 2018

Exceptional course if you want to get your feet wet on Python. It walks you through the basics and gets you ready to study more advanced materials. I highly recommend it!

By Rahul S S S

Apr 26, 2017

Its a very good course to get yourself started with Python, The instructor is very patient with explaining all the concepts. Plus love the auto grader and the assignments

By Siddharth P

Jun 12, 2020

I am happy that i have successfully completed this course.

The faculty is very good.

It was easy for me to understand as i have a good background in programming.

Thank you.

By Joan Q

Dec 29, 2016

This course allows you to know the basiscs of Python: syntaxis, functions, scripts. That's all I wanted.

For now I'll continue studiyng Python for my own.

Thanks teachers!