Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

RR
Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for the clear explanations and the easy examples. I think it is a good introductionary course and it gives a good starting point to move further to more sophisticated topics and applications.

276 - 300 of 1,341 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Carlos D V B

Jun 27, 2020

It is indeed very concise. I really liked how this explains functions. Everything is done through functions which is very useful when writing long programs.

By Sıla K

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you so much to our instructor Bill Boyd and Coursera for this introduction to Python. It was fun, simple and I'm confident that I now know the basics.

By Rocky

Dec 3, 2017

This course is great. The professor and the team provide excellent feedback and ensure we learn. It summarizes key learning topics of Python for beginners.

By Nishkal G

May 22, 2020

Bill does an excellent job getting you to think ahead when problem solving. This course keeps your fingers tapping away and builds much needed confidence.

By Guy W

Oct 6, 2019

This is an excellent introduction to Python programming: concise yet complete with the basics. Thanks a lot for making this knowledge available to anyone!

By Krunal R V

It was great and I got a hands-on experience with the python codes and its computation. It almost covers the basics of python programming for beginners.

By jyotikumarhaz

Apr 20, 2020

very well covered course. I do not know anything about Python but after this course I can say I am very confident to go for higher level of programming.

By prashant k s

Jun 24, 2018

It was a very good course for the beginners like me. Now , I am feeling very much confident in python programming as it has build up my basic concepts.

By Himanshu S

Apr 23, 2021

Very good course. This is what I was looking for, if you are a beginner and want to start learning python then, I will strongly recommend this course.

By Adewinbi H S

Mar 5, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The lecturer took his time to explain clearly. A big thanks to the lecturer and Coursera for this wonderful opportunity.

By Nico E

May 12, 2020

I was an absoulte beginner in programming and I was taken by hand so that I could follow the course quite well. So I can recommend it to every one.

By Ashenafi K W

May 6, 2020

This course is superb and beautifully simplified to fit beginner level learners. The exercises and problem sets are nicely crafted and appetizing.

By khalil T

Dec 6, 2019

This course is excellent. It is eminently well done, and gives you the basic knowledge you need to start in Python. I totally recommend taking it.

By mskhan

Jan 20, 2019

Great course, loved it, the course is very well structured by Bill and those who want to start learning python, this course is a great first step.

By aryan

Dec 4, 2017

Prof Bill Boyd and his class Python Programming are an excellent source for Python programming. Mr Boyd is an outstanding communicator, thank you.

By Tim S

Jun 20, 2017

Concise introduction to Python 3.x. Simple yet thorough. Will not make you a professional but will get your feet wet. Thank you again Coursera.

By SOWMYA R B

Jun 5, 2020

Python Programming: A Concise Introduction, was taught in a very easy way. I enjoyed learning it. I thank Mr. Bill Boyd for teaching this course.

By Munazza I H

Jun 1, 2020

A very good beginners tutorial lesson , especially the instructor he taught each and every thing so very much in detail , really loved the course

By David H

Oct 22, 2017

It was an amazing course. I think it was really for all users, no matter if you are an expert programmer or a new programmer. Totally recommended

By Remco H

Apr 22, 2021

Great Python introduction. Everything is well explained in the videos and doing the excersises and assignments helps to get hands-on experience.

By Chukwubikem M I

Dec 15, 2020

this course is perfect for newbies. the progression of learning and exercises was perfect so it was easy to follow along. I enjoyed this course.

By Beena

Mar 31, 2018

feeling great to be apart of it. Its easy to learn for a beginner and a very good option for those who wish to understand the basics of python

By TAMI L

Aug 19, 2017

Very good course. Clear explanations and helpful exercises. The assignments are great for getting a hands-on introduction. Highly recommended.

By Josue N F

Dec 28, 2016

Is a big challenge to keep the Grader pleased, I very much like this course. It is my intent continue to develop programming skills in Python.

By Bikramjeet S

Feb 11, 2017

The course content was very genuine which helped me learn commands that I did not come across in any other Python course.

Thank you, Mr. Boyd.