Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

RR
Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for the clear explanations and the easy examples. I think it is a good introductionary course and it gives a good starting point to move further to more sophisticated topics and applications.

151 - 175 of 1,386 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Habitamu T B

Sep 16, 2017

The course is well structured. I like the way it was presented. It is full-fledged course, which enables a beginner to attend it by his or her own. The arrangement of the contents follows a smooth flow that helped me navigate through them easily.

By Ana S

Jul 14, 2017

I really enjoyed to learn and then practice this course. Lessons were explained and done in a good way. Thank you Bill Boyd for doing this course and thank you also for your answers. Looking forward to follow you in another course. Thank you!!!!

By Tanvi P

Jul 4, 2017

This course is an easy-to-follow course for beginners with no previous knowledge of Python. The course's exercise documents are very well laid out, with the inclusion of questions to summarise the video. I am enjoying learning how to use Python.

By Simon D

Dec 4, 2017

I've already sent my history about the course. Globally a well-thought, simple introduction to Python with a very motivated Instructor and good bases of the language studied. Short concise videos and short helpful exercices to get the concepts.

By Jorge G G

Sep 26, 2018

Amazing and perfect for beginners that did some programming in the past and need some refresh. The course is very well structured and provide the basics of the topics most people will be using in their daily coding life. 100% Recommendable.

By ISHAN N

Nov 17, 2017

It's something which a student, without any knowledge of python , would love to start with. It deals with every basic aspect of python, with very good practice question.

I would recommend all to have this program before moving fwd in python.

By K. Y W

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you Dr. Boyd for your very helpful and coaching style in teaching Python to a beginner like me. I enjoyed learning Python programming through the practice and examples you demonstrated on the course and the pace which was just right.

By Aditi V

Feb 6, 2021

I learned a lot, through this course and I think it's a very good course for beginners who are genuinely interested in learning python programming. The instructor explains everything in depth and I truly recommend this course to everyone.

By Sarah B

Apr 1, 2018

Excellent course. As a beginner with no programming background, I thought the pace, instruction and examples were very good. The instructor also takes the time to thoughtfully answer all student's questions, which I found very impressive.

By Jaideep A

Jun 14, 2020

I had absolutely no practical knowledge of Python and this course has helped me start with small basics steps. The course is very good for beginners as it has been laid out in very simple terms and that made understanding it very easy.

By Amy P N

Really good first intro - I'm surprised I managed to pick it up so quickly having never coded before! It was tricky at times, but working through the exercises was very rewarding. Definitely recommend to those wanting to learn Python!

By Alejandro B B

May 20, 2017

This course really covers all the basics in a very illustrative manner. I definitely recommend it for absolute beginners in Python, previous programming experience helps but is not necessary to cover the material in a reasonable time.

By Patrick H

Oct 19, 2017

Good introductory course. Materials provided, especially instructions how to set up the IDE, easily moved me through the course and allowed me to focus on learning the scripting language. It was even a bit fun. Highly recommended.

By Punam P

Very good introduction to basic programming. Very easy for beginners in python who have already some programming background - but still extremely useful to quickly and efficiently learn python basics.

Thanks to Team & University..

By Thomas M

Jun 4, 2019

Fantastic class. The lessons were perfect for my needs to get started writing python scripts. The instructor is incredibly knowledgeable and his lectures were well thought out and presented in an easy to follow/understand format.

By Arnaldo J M

Aug 13, 2017

Muito bom, começa simples mas chega ao final com um bom grau de complexidade. O professor vai devagar e explica bem. Os exemplos são legais. A prova tem questões totalmente dentro do que foi apresentado na aula e nos exemplos.

By Matthew M

Jul 27, 2017

This is an excellent starter for Python 3. It gives enough examples to get you familiar with the language and the documentation that you will need to consult as you go further, and the lessons are very well taught and succinct.

By SHEIKH M K A

Sep 15, 2020

Its good to learn Python basics online. This is my first online course and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks to Mr. Bill for his excellent lectures. I suggest to join this course who are interested in learning Python programming.

By Kartik N

Mar 2, 2019

This is really the first course you should take if you want to learn python. Nicely taught and the exercises are just at a perfect level for beginners. I would really recommend it to everyone wishing to start learning python.

By Isaac D P

Mar 26, 2020

I've dealed with different programming courses before, and this course works perfectly as an introduction to Python language. Don't worry if you are new a beginner, the videos and exercices are clear and very well explained.

By nikhil p

Apr 23, 2020

The course was very much interesting and helpful. The assignments were closely relevant to the syllabus and exciting to work with. i hope i have gained knowledge in basic understanding of python programming with spyder IDE.

By benjamine

Jun 6, 2017

Very Nice! I think it's really a good introduction to use python!

Maybe one problem is that homework in lesson 2 or 3 (I forgot) contain "random.seed", that is explained in lesson four's video, but one can always google it.

By Patryk G

Sep 2, 2020

A very good course to start your adventure with Python. It helped me understand a lot of programming issues in Python and that's what I expected. Knowledge presented very easily and clearly. Of course I highly recommend!!

By Hugo M F N

Aug 26, 2020

Considero que alguns exercícios eram exigentes, mesmo para uma introdução à programação, especialmente quando o background não é de informática. Ainda assim aconselho a sua realização. As dúvidas que coloquei no forum for