Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks. SPECIAL NOTE: Python Programming: A Concise Introduction course will close for new learner enrollment on 2/16/22. In order to earn a Course Certificate, you will need to complete all graded assignments by 8/16/22. If you are interested in earning a Course Certificate for this course, please upgrade or apply for Financial Aid by 8/16/22. If you are a Coursera for Business learner, you can continue to use your sponsored credit through that date....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

TS
Nov 28, 2021

This course was amazing as well as was an interesting course.I have learnt a lot of new concepts and things with the help of Respected Sir Bill Boyd and looking forward for more such type of courses.

226 - 250 of 1,540 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Sergey K

Jul 16, 2017

Pluses: Autograding, Lecturer responses in forum

instantaneously, by himself and

scrupulously, (great treat!). Minuses: Not for smart-phones and 11'' notebooks, (small font), sound is not very clear.

By Marcin K

May 28, 2017

Its project oriented course. After finishing you have still much to learn, but You can taste what and how pratical things can be done in Phyton. I think that You should some background in programming.

By Mallikharjun M

May 26, 2018

I have no programming experience but I find this course very interesting and in fact it's fun and challenging to work on examples.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate your effort for making this course.

By MUKESH K S

Aug 2, 2020

This course is best for learning python programming. Like the course name 'A Concise introduction', it fulfills this condition. I have learned a lot more in a few weeks.

Thanks to the COURSERA team!

By Min-Rui L

Jan 9, 2022

T​he lessons are easy to follow and provided a concise intro to Python. The instructor, Bill, also gives clear and thorough explanation on the codes. He is also responsive on the Discussion Forum.

By Craig W

Dec 5, 2016

Want to say thank you, really enjoyed this course, I've done some python in the past but not in the last 8 months so this has been a great re-introduction to the language.

Really enjoyed it.

Craig

By Chazel E

Jan 15, 2021

Thank you so much for this course! I learned a lot. It was difficult but it really challenged me to learn and understand the lesson. I suggest that the python version used here will be updated.

By Parichaya B T

Jan 25, 2018

It's one of the best learning course to get started with Python. I was a naive user for Python and this course really helped me a lot to understand basic principles of Python and use of python.

By Tarek H

Feb 10, 2017

I'm completely new to programming. the assignments are very challenging which made me fall deep in love with programming. Thanks for everyone who participated in creating this wonderful course.

By Shashank B

Mar 23, 2019

The course material has been presented in a very easy to follow and clear manner. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the basics of programming in Python, professor Bill Boyd is a very good teacher.

By Damian C

Jan 12, 2018

Gentle and motivating introduction to python. It gets better and better and end up with a nice project that let's you aim for more ambitious coding, just as it should be. Thank you very much!

By Ashish B

Jul 6, 2020

The course is awesome. It is the efforts of the instructor that made this course successfully. The way he taught me from scratch to advance is fantastic. The assignments also helped me a lot.

By 叶成钢

Sep 26, 2021

very kind teacher, and very useful contents. It's a good course for beginner, easy to make understanding on python concept and basic programming skill. Provide a good basis for new students.

By William H

May 17, 2021

Excellent introductory course. Explanations were clear. Presentation was incremental. Assignments were challenging, but not to the point of frustration or discouragement. Thank you Bill!

By Aarish E

Feb 17, 2021

It is a good course and i am at the peak of my present version and at the top of the class in my college after this course thanks to this course and coursera and also the wesleyan university

By Maria T

Aug 5, 2020

A truly great beginners course! It has lots of material and very clear. Bill Boyd does a great job explaining small and bigger problems and how to deal with them. Definitely would recommend!

By Simmer G

Jun 1, 2020

Very educational course! As a first-time python user, the resources and instructions provided in this course were extremely informative and helpful. I recommend this course to all beginners!

By 林弘善

Jan 17, 2019

This lecturer is very attentive for every programming assignment and teaching lecture.

Very useful for beginner who want to learn Python.

I hope there is an advanced course for Python learning

By Mohammad S E R

Mar 6, 2018

A great help for me as a beginner. Unlike previously, now I am very comfortable with python. Now I can build on this knowledge to gain my expertise further. I really appreciate this course.

By Laura J

Jan 14, 2018

Very practical, beginning course. Homework is strictly based on what was taught in the course - no need to research for new code. Practical, useful, beginning dataset manipulation taught.

By Werner D J

Apr 20, 2017

Great introductory course. The explanations are very straightforward, the examples introduce the important basic matter and the exercices help a lot in learning to use the learned material.

By Deas R

Jan 28, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. I was very impressed by the instructor's responses to forum questions and the ease of submitting (and resubmitting) my assignments. Great experience.

By Prayas M

Jan 8, 2017

The course is really great to start coding and develop interest in it. The language used is quite simple which makes it easy to understand for almost anyone. Thanks Coursera for the course.

By Uttam w

this course is very nice. Questions/problems in assignment are very useful. thanks to our sir/mentor for helping me throughout the course. his suggetions are very useful to debug the code.

By Marcos V O d A

May 14, 2019

It is a basic course, the videos follows the .py file, so you can use both or only the text file to guide yourself. I really enjoyed this course and recommend to anyone starting on python.