Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR

Jan 04, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

KA

Jun 16, 2019

A very nice introduction to Python 3 programming. The course lectures are quite engaging with hands-on practice and the programming assignments revise the learned concepts in step-by-step manner.

201 - 225 of 1,181 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Enrique M V

Sep 10, 2017

I enjoyed Professor Boyd method. This Python Programming Course was exciting, challenging and fantastic. I would like to have more courses like this one. Thoroughly recommended.

By Ed

Aug 15, 2017

I sincerely like to thank the teacher of this course for explaining everything so clearly. i learned the fundamentals of python quickly and am ready to advance on higher topics.

By David D

May 04, 2020

Very nice introduction to python, explaining in step by step the basics of the language. Thanks Bill for your effort and the format is very interesting to take further courses.

By Gabriela I

May 01, 2020

Easily taught useful skills without a lot of time wasted on long explanations. Everything was to the point and it gave you some good skills to learn to navigate and use Python.

By Liviu P

Nov 05, 2017

Excellent course for beginners! However as the title mentions this is just an introduction and much more effort should be undertaken in order to gain advanced Python expertise.

By Gaudencio G

Sep 26, 2017

I had no experience with python language or coding at all and finished this course knowing how to code in Python. Perfect introduction if you're looking for a solid start in th

By Robson G D

Sep 10, 2017

Solid package for an introductory course: it has a good pace, clear language and explanations, and delivers a nice amount of content for its duration. Definitely recommended!

By Bahar W

Jul 17, 2017

I've been a real-time embedded programmer for 20+ years. I'm make a transition to cloud computing and Machine Learning. This was the perfect course to jump start that journey.

By Brayan A I M

Jul 27, 2020

The course is perfect for beginners; Explains clearly and is easy to understand. I would recommend this course with my friends, since Python is a great tool in academic life.

By Abdullah

Aug 18, 2019

Learned a lot of things and this course is very helpful for the begginers and the mentors and teacher himself help the students in solving their quiries in discussion session

By Alias W

Jan 25, 2018

This course did exactly what it advertises. The instructor is prompt to answer any questions you post to the forums. I'm happy with this course, especially since it was free!

By Polavarapu S

Apr 21, 2020

This is really a very good course with good content, we can learn step by step process in the implementation of the code. The instructor is very awesome in his explanation.

By Edgard C

May 08, 2018

Exceptional course if you want to get your feet wet on Python. It walks you through the basics and gets you ready to study more advanced materials. I highly recommend it!

By Rahul S S S

Apr 27, 2017

Its a very good course to get yourself started with Python, The instructor is very patient with explaining all the concepts. Plus love the auto grader and the assignments

By Siddharth

Jun 12, 2020

I am happy that i have successfully completed this course.

The faculty is very good.

It was easy for me to understand as i have a good background in programming.

Thank you.

By Joan Q

Dec 29, 2016

This course allows you to know the basiscs of Python: syntaxis, functions, scripts. That's all I wanted.

For now I'll continue studiyng Python for my own.

Thanks teachers!

By Hans B

Oct 08, 2018

The lecturer is very thorough and the forum has all the resources you need to finish assignments. As some has stated, I'd love it if the assignments has more challenge.

By Robert B

Sep 13, 2018

I needed a quick review of Python basics before plunging back in, and this course was perfect for that. Thank you, Prof. Boyd. I appreciate your clear and direct style!

By Andrew W

Sep 08, 2017

I've never coded in any language before but found this course easy to follow with good, clear guidance.

The courework was challenging enough without being too difficult.

By Dr R P

Jun 30, 2020

very well designed 4 week introductory course for Python learners. All exercises were also useful to judge our own learning. It was fun to learn Python in this course.

By Talgat Q

Sep 26, 2019

Thank you for such interesting course with an unusual approach!

It would be interesting to see a follow-up with more advanced tasks and more of a python related things.

By Boris M

Jul 26, 2019

Excellent introduction. Recommended to everyone who wants to start with simple scripting, understand how to work with simple data and how simple programs are written.

By Denis S

Sep 11, 2017

Very good introductory course. The pace is comfortable, the explanations are complete, the tasks are educating. My only complaint is that it is so short, I want more.

By Kinjarapu S

Aug 21, 2018

It helped me gain a basic knowledge in python .its a very good experience for me with wesliyan

university and thanks for helping wherever possible.thankyou bill boyd

By Christian P

Sep 02, 2020

Great introduction to python, the teaching staff is also very active in answering the questions and sorting out possible doubts students may have, fully recommend.