Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

RR
Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for the clear explanations and the easy examples. I think it is a good introductionary course and it gives a good starting point to move further to more sophisticated topics and applications.

226 - 250 of 1,351 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Werner D J

Apr 20, 2017

Great introductory course. The explanations are very straightforward, the examples introduce the important basic matter and the exercices help a lot in learning to use the learned material.

By Deas R

Jan 28, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. I was very impressed by the instructor's responses to forum questions and the ease of submitting (and resubmitting) my assignments. Great experience.

By Prayas M

Jan 8, 2017

The course is really great to start coding and develop interest in it. The language used is quite simple which makes it easy to understand for almost anyone. Thanks Coursera for the course.

By Uttam w

this course is very nice. Questions/problems in assignment are very useful. thanks to our sir/mentor for helping me throughout the course. his suggetions are very useful to debug the code.

By Marcos V O d A

May 14, 2019

It is a basic course, the videos follows the .py file, so you can use both or only the text file to guide yourself. I really enjoyed this course and recommend to anyone starting on python.

By Johann R H

Nov 8, 2017

El profesor Bill es muy dedicado y atento. Los videos son muy didácticos y no dejan lugar a dudas. Los materiales son actuales y bien descriptivos. I expect they make a next level course.

By Frank J

Jun 21, 2017

I really loved the course! It was accessible, yet challenging, and gave me a good understanding of programming and Python with which I can continue to deepen my skills and knowledge base.

By Cyris H

Prof. Boyd shows the coding steps in a simple and clear way. The assignments are useful for students to understand how to do coding. As a beginner, this course is very practical for me.

By Kunsakol T

Nov 16, 2020

Although I had some knowledge about python already this course was a very good review for me. On top of that, I even learned something new. The videos were very nice to follow as well.

By Krishna V D

Sep 19, 2018

One of the best courses I have done till date on Coursera. The course is easy to learn from and gives you a solid understanding of the basic principles of python and how to code in it.

By Ivan S

Jun 14, 2017

Good one. Its really good for beginners like me) Not so hard and deep and it is clear to understanding.

This course can help you recognise some basics of Python and start work with it.

By EswaraRao V S J A

Mar 7, 2021

First of all a BIG Thanks to Professor Bill Boyd for providing such wonderful lectures on Python. The course was very useful and I learned to understand and write Python codes easily.

By Sareena S

Nicely drafted course, gives you a concise introduction as mentioned in the course headline. Loved the way every exercise and problem set was defined with comprehensive instructions.

By Suresh K

Mar 28, 2017

I found this course as per my expectations. For first time learners, having minimal programming language experience can also learn python. Very nice explanation and course coverage.

By Vladimir G

Feb 22, 2017

The instructor is excellent at explaining everything step by step and takes time to answer questions in detail at the discussion forums. It has been a pleasure, thank you very much!

By SAGAR S S

Sep 9, 2020

This course is very useful for me. I have learn lots of things in python. All programming assignment are very interesting. Its a very good platform to learn programming languages.

By Zaid K

Jun 11, 2020

Great course for Beginners, explained pretty well and the course itself is very short yet very informative

Also the test programs at the end of every week are very good practice!!!

By Luis O G P

Apr 14, 2020

I thought it was a great intro course to Python. It was easy to follow, well explained and gave me a very good understanding on how to create python scripts and how to deploy the,

By Julian W

Dec 7, 2019

Really nice introduction to Python and programming. Teacher is not trying to explain every single detail but rather gives you enough knowledge to do some practical and cool stuff.

By Cody T

May 28, 2017

This is a great course that teaches you the basics of python. I plan on taking more python courses at a higher level, but this was a nice way to get my feet wet in a new language.

By Aakash M

Feb 6, 2021

Course and material was very much in sync.

Course was well prepared with sufficient information and exercise for all the new learners.

Recommended course for new python learners.

By Yan S

Apr 28, 2018

This is my first time to learn about phyton. After I joined and completed the course, I have better understanding about python programming. This course suit for beginner like me.

By Vishal S

Dec 30, 2020

I really loved the course and specifically how it is designed that is not completely theoretically but practical exercise explanation, answer and self exercise and it's grading.

By Enrique M V

Sep 9, 2017

I enjoyed Professor Boyd method. This Python Programming Course was exciting, challenging and fantastic. I would like to have more courses like this one. Thoroughly recommended.

By Ed

Aug 15, 2017

I sincerely like to thank the teacher of this course for explaining everything so clearly. i learned the fundamentals of python quickly and am ready to advance on higher topics.