Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR

Jan 04, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

KA

Jun 16, 2019

A very nice introduction to Python 3 programming. The course lectures are quite engaging with hands-on practice and the programming assignments revise the learned concepts in step-by-step manner.

51 - 75 of 823 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Anna L

Mar 06, 2018

I think it's a great course for complete beginners! I loved the pauses within the videos to do an excercise and then the solutions were showed - it really made me put in work, and not just sit there and watch everything before I got to practice! I wish there was a whole series for Python with Bill!

By Bruce T

Mar 21, 2018

Just the right level for a beginner. Bill Boyd is an excellent teacher. Well paced introduction to Python.

This is my first computer programming experience beyond html. I already have a little program in mind to write . I'm excited because I can do that with just what I've learned in this course.

By Kush S

Jan 12, 2019

This course is particularly very useful for the students who wish to strengthen their coding knowledge in python. Enough detailed information is provided to brush up the knowledge and the assignment all together makes the concepts much clear. I would highly recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Shubham U

Oct 12, 2016

The course is amazing and is a must recommend to the one's who are just starting out learning python. This course would successfully launch your from knowledge zero to a stage from which you can understand the later complexities that are involved in developing complex applications using python.

By Sankara M

Mar 10, 2018

Very well Structured and easy to understand videos. Professor replies very quickly to question. In-video exercises are very helpful to understand material. Assignments are challenging enough to push you but not impossible to do. Auto-grading is very helpful. Best python course yet!

By Neeraj K

Jun 17, 2017

A very good course to get your python basics. Bill Boyd is a great teacher and easy to follow. The usage of spyder IDE through out this course, with its intuitive interface and bug-warnings, makes it easier to learn coding. Thank you for your valuable time and effort Prof. Boyd.

By Dan B

Jun 15, 2017

Fantastic into to python! I started with zero programming skills and now feel confident that I can apply my python knowledge to my professional field and make my life easier, not to mention improve my job prospects. Thanks a million professor Boyd, you're a fantastic teacher!

By Doo H S

Jan 27, 2019

The professor conveys fundamental ideas to students efficiently. He teaches me everything needed to do the assignments. I did not even need to google to do the assignments. He knows what the readers will be curious about and is good at teaching. I highly recommend this course.

By Brendan M

May 26, 2018

Python Programming: A Concise Introduction is a fantastic way to learn the basics of Python. I never felt lost, and the way the instructor put all the material made it so that I never even needed to ask a question. I truly can not praise this course, or the instructor, enough.

By mmbond

Apr 22, 2017

For the newbies to Python coding this course is excellent. I will recommend it to my colleagues and friends. I studied Python at University so for me it was easy. As final word I would ask you to make more this courses but for upper levels of knowledge. Thanks. All best!

By Chris M

Oct 30, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. The videos were very detailed, and if you couldn't follow the information there then his exercises showed you how it worked. Really the only complaint was that his keyboard was loud during the videos, making it hard to concentrate some times.

By Dharyll P A

Jan 05, 2019

The course is very comprehensive! I have very little experience with computer programming (although I have good foundations in mathematics) but it helped boost my understanding in python very swiftly. Thank you very much! I'll definitely purchase the course when I can.

By Oriol T

Apr 23, 2017

Self contained, hard to find hands-on course ,that offers accessible exercises that are progressively difficult (ie: without dramatic jumps), Do not use this as a comprehensive Python training, rather a very good place to practice what "you think" you have learned...

By Martí S L

Dec 31, 2016

Awesome course!! Professor Boyd will guide you through the basics of Python programming. What I liked the most is that he managed to pinpoint all the relevant aspects of python and programming and yet the difficulty is low enough to keep you motivated until the end.

By Erica T

Dec 30, 2017

I really liked the instructor. I felt he explained things well and he was not boring. The exercises were challenging, but could be figured out from the lectures and examples he gave. Great introduction to Python. I would take more classes from this professor.

By Pratik k s

Jan 29, 2017

This is a great course to start with for all the beginners out there who want to learn python. Very beautifully explained and made easy. Also doubts are cleared on the discussion forum regulary and as quick as possible.Thank you Proff. Boyd. Thank you coursera

By Heather P

Apr 25, 2017

This course is a very good introduction. The instructor is good at making the material easy to understand without talking too much. I recommend this course to anyone who has a basic knowledge of how programming works but who has not yet learned any python.

By Bryan T

Mar 08, 2018

This course is very well structured, like the name suggested, a great starting point, yet not too much boring stuff. Just straight to hands-on exercise and if you get stuck, try to re-read the relevant part, its almost always you missed something important.

By Jan

May 16, 2018

I liked the course. The quality of work put together is amazing. At some parts I have found it to straightforward as comments and hints tell more than you really need to complete the exercise. Overall great beginner course for anyone who is new to python.

By Isabelle B

Oct 15, 2018

The explanations are clear. The exercices and problems allow to test your understanding and to practice. I also like the videos because they don't contain too much theory but concrete applications. Very effective way to learn the basics of Python fast.

By John M N

Mar 28, 2019

This is a wonderful and very helpful course which introduces the python programming language. You are able to grasp the basics of this language, and with this, you can specialize in the field you want. I really recommend it to all python beginners.

By Sabyasachi R

Nov 23, 2019

Professor Bill Boyd really gets down to the basics of Python programming and explains all the code in a fantastic manner. Other than that the exercises really make you understand the basics the Professor is trying to teach. Really loved the course.

By Nisheeth S

Jul 10, 2018

(1) Course fee should be reduced.(2) Some more application oriented problems can be introduced.(3) To support learning some reading study material must be provided.(4) The difficulty level of the assignment problems can be increased a little bit.

By Habitamu T B

Sep 16, 2017

The course is well structured. I like the way it was presented. It is full-fledged course, which enables a beginner to attend it by his or her own. The arrangement of the contents follows a smooth flow that helped me navigate through them easily.

By Ana S

Jul 14, 2017

I really enjoyed to learn and then practice this course. Lessons were explained and done in a good way. Thank you Bill Boyd for doing this course and thank you also for your answers. Looking forward to follow you in another course. Thank you!!!!