Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR

Jan 04, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

KA

Jun 16, 2019

A very nice introduction to Python 3 programming. The course lectures are quite engaging with hands-on practice and the programming assignments revise the learned concepts in step-by-step manner.

151 - 175 of 847 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Denis S

Sep 11, 2017

Very good introductory course. The pace is comfortable, the explanations are complete, the tasks are educating. My only complaint is that it is so short, I want more.

By kinjarapu s

Aug 21, 2018

It helped me gain a basic knowledge in python .its a very good experience for me with wesliyan

university and thanks for helping wherever possible.thankyou bill boyd

By Abinaya P S

Jan 26, 2018

A very enriching course for Python beginners that touches the basics of all topics that Python specializes in as a language. Highly recommended for beginners.

By Sıla K

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you so much to our instructor Bill Boyd and Coursera for this introduction to Python. It was fun, simple and I'm confident that I now know the basics.

By Rocky

Dec 03, 2017

This course is great. The professor and the team provide excellent feedback and ensure we learn. It summarizes key learning topics of Python for beginners.

By Guy W

Oct 06, 2019

This is an excellent introduction to Python programming: concise yet complete with the basics. Thanks a lot for making this knowledge available to anyone!

By prashant k s

Jun 24, 2018

It was a very good course for the beginners like me. Now , I am feeling very much confident in python programming as it has build up my basic concepts.

By Adewinbi H S

Mar 05, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The lecturer took his time to explain clearly. A big thanks to the lecturer and Coursera for this wonderful opportunity.

By khalil T

Dec 06, 2019

This course is excellent. It is eminently well done, and gives you the basic knowledge you need to start in Python. I totally recommend taking it.

By mskhan

Jan 20, 2019

Great course, loved it, the course is very well structured by Bill and those who want to start learning python, this course is a great first step.

By aryan

Dec 04, 2017

Prof Bill Boyd and his class Python Programming are an excellent source for Python programming. Mr Boyd is an outstanding communicator, thank you.

By Tim S

Jun 20, 2017

Concise introduction to Python 3.x. Simple yet thorough. Will not make you a professional but will get your feet wet. Thank you again Coursera.

By David H

Oct 22, 2017

It was an amazing course. I think it was really for all users, no matter if you are an expert programmer or a new programmer. Totally recommended

By Beena

Mar 31, 2018

feeling great to be apart of it. Its easy to learn for a beginner and a very good option for those who wish to understand the basics of python

By TAMI L

Aug 19, 2017

Very good course. Clear explanations and helpful exercises. The assignments are great for getting a hands-on introduction. Highly recommended.

By Josue N F

Dec 28, 2016

Is a big challenge to keep the Grader pleased, I very much like this course. It is my intent continue to develop programming skills in Python.

By Bikramjeet S

Feb 11, 2017

The course content was very genuine which helped me learn commands that I did not come across in any other Python course.

Thank you, Mr. Boyd.

By Michael A B

Jan 05, 2020

great course but the auto grader was a big pain in the ass, The code was correct elegant but the auto grader needed exactly the right format

By Mohd F E B A

Apr 15, 2019

Very well guided course! Recommended for first timer in python with a little knowledge in programming since the learning pace is quite fast.

By Argenis R

Feb 06, 2018

please get better automated grading programs. Mine would say I did the code wrong when the only thing i changed to make it work was 1 space.

By Paul

Jun 08, 2017

Zero to hero in less than four weeks. This professor is spot on and walks you through all the assignments. Please bring him back for part 2.

By Vishal K S

Mar 30, 2019

This course is just awesome for the beginners. Best thing about this course: each exercise is well structured for easy understanding.

By Sergio I A C

Feb 03, 2020

I was able to learn the basic programming, the base that in the future, will help me to provide structure on more difficult tasks.

By Christian S

Jun 20, 2018

Undoubtedly this course teaching how to use Python for beginners is the clearest, coincise and useful course I have ever attended.

By Manohar K

May 07, 2019

This course really helped me to practice hands on all the important topics which are essential for beginners to understand Python