Back to Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction by Wesleyan University

The goal of the course is to introduce students to Python Version 3.x programming using hands on instruction. It will show how to install Python and use the Spyder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for writing and debugging programs. The approach will be to present an example followed by a small exercise where the learner tries something similar to solidify a concept. At the end of each module there will be an exercise where the student is required to write simple programs and submit them for grading. It is intended for students with little or no programming background, although students with such a background should be able to move forward at their preferred pace. The course is four modules long and is designed to be completed in four weeks....

LR
Jan 3, 2017

Quite interesting introduction to Python, focusing on the most important components of the language. Looking forward to other courses using the same format. Thank you Bill and team for your hard work.

RC
May 16, 2020

Great overview course in python. I was super excited it uses Spyder. The auto-grader is finicky sometimes, but fair and quick. Highly suggest this for anyone looking to cut their teeth on python.

176 - 200 of 1,213 Reviews for Python Programming: A Concise Introduction

By Damian C

Jan 12, 2018

Gentle and motivating introduction to python. It gets better and better and end up with a nice project that let's you aim for more ambitious coding, just as it should be. Thank you very much!

By Ashish B

Jul 6, 2020

The course is awesome. It is the efforts of the instructor that made this course successfully. The way he taught me from scratch to advance is fantastic. The assignments also helped me a lot.

By Maria T

Aug 5, 2020

A truly great beginners course! It has lots of material and very clear. Bill Boyd does a great job explaining small and bigger problems and how to deal with them. Definitely would recommend!

By Simmer G

Jun 1, 2020

Very educational course! As a first-time python user, the resources and instructions provided in this course were extremely informative and helpful. I recommend this course to all beginners!

By 林弘善

Jan 17, 2019

This lecturer is very attentive for every programming assignment and teaching lecture.

Very useful for beginner who want to learn Python.

I hope there is an advanced course for Python learning

By Mohammad S E R

Mar 6, 2018

A great help for me as a beginner. Unlike previously, now I am very comfortable with python. Now I can build on this knowledge to gain my expertise further. I really appreciate this course.

By Laura J

Jan 14, 2018

Very practical, beginning course. Homework is strictly based on what was taught in the course - no need to research for new code. Practical, useful, beginning dataset manipulation taught.

By Werner D J

Apr 20, 2017

Great introductory course. The explanations are very straightforward, the examples introduce the important basic matter and the exercices help a lot in learning to use the learned material.

By Deas R

Jan 28, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. I was very impressed by the instructor's responses to forum questions and the ease of submitting (and resubmitting) my assignments. Great experience.

By Prayas M

Jan 8, 2017

The course is really great to start coding and develop interest in it. The language used is quite simple which makes it easy to understand for almost anyone. Thanks Coursera for the course.

By Uttam w

this course is very nice. Questions/problems in assignment are very useful. thanks to our sir/mentor for helping me throughout the course. his suggetions are very useful to debug the code.

By Marcos V O d A

May 14, 2019

It is a basic course, the videos follows the .py file, so you can use both or only the text file to guide yourself. I really enjoyed this course and recommend to anyone starting on python.

By Johann R H

Nov 8, 2017

El profesor Bill es muy dedicado y atento. Los videos son muy didácticos y no dejan lugar a dudas. Los materiales son actuales y bien descriptivos. I expect they make a next level course.

By Frank J

Jun 21, 2017

I really loved the course! It was accessible, yet challenging, and gave me a good understanding of programming and Python with which I can continue to deepen my skills and knowledge base.

By Cyris H

Prof. Boyd shows the coding steps in a simple and clear way. The assignments are useful for students to understand how to do coding. As a beginner, this course is very practical for me.

By Kunsakol T

Nov 16, 2020

Although I had some knowledge about python already this course was a very good review for me. On top of that, I even learned something new. The videos were very nice to follow as well.

By Krishna V D

Sep 19, 2018

One of the best courses I have done till date on Coursera. The course is easy to learn from and gives you a solid understanding of the basic principles of python and how to code in it.

By Ivan S

Jun 14, 2017

Good one. Its really good for beginners like me) Not so hard and deep and it is clear to understanding.

This course can help you recognise some basics of Python and start work with it.

By Sareena S

Nicely drafted course, gives you a concise introduction as mentioned in the course headline. Loved the way every exercise and problem set was defined with comprehensive instructions.

By Suresh K

Mar 28, 2017

I found this course as per my expectations. For first time learners, having minimal programming language experience can also learn python. Very nice explanation and course coverage.

By Vladimir G

Feb 22, 2017

The instructor is excellent at explaining everything step by step and takes time to answer questions in detail at the discussion forums. It has been a pleasure, thank you very much!

By SAGAR S S

Sep 9, 2020

This course is very useful for me. I have learn lots of things in python. All programming assignment are very interesting. Its a very good platform to learn programming languages.

By Zaid K

Jun 11, 2020

Great course for Beginners, explained pretty well and the course itself is very short yet very informative

Also the test programs at the end of every week are very good practice!!!

By Luis O G P

Apr 14, 2020

I thought it was a great intro course to Python. It was easy to follow, well explained and gave me a very good understanding on how to create python scripts and how to deploy the,

By Julian W

Dec 7, 2019

Really nice introduction to Python and programming. Teacher is not trying to explain every single detail but rather gives you enough knowledge to do some practical and cool stuff.