Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

176 - 200 of 370 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By David T

Dec 16, 2015

Excellent learning experience.

By Fatih M

Feb 14, 2016

Excellent introduction to quantitative Methods!

By Levan T

Nov 14, 2016

So far it's been very interesting course.

By Linda.Zh

Jun 04, 2017

It is a fabulous course. It helps me to understand basic concepts in quantitative research methods, and the way how scientific discoveries should work and actually works. Most important of all, I have benefited greatly from professor Scholten's clear and logic style of lecturing and well-designed assignments, which has developed my evaluative skills in applying the new knowledge to assess the methodological quality of real research work.

By Matija K

Mar 21, 2016

Excellent course!

By Kumar A

Jul 27, 2017

It was a great course for a someone who is a beginner. I really liked the approach of analyzing other researches. They were not too difficult, providing the correct balance for students to get to know the topic better and also not be over burdened by the course structure.

By Krishna B

Mar 20, 2016

Well structured course with the best assignments. Would totally recommend for beginners in the Social science research domain.

By Christian J

Apr 19, 2016

It is an excellent course. The graphics, explanation, and examples are quite exceptional. Congrats

By R. E

Mar 31, 2018

Useful information presented in a step-by-step, easy to follow way. I stayed motivated throughout the course and was pleased with the content. Moreover, the additional interviews after each week extended the material from the virtual classroom to the real world of scientific research. This course is a solid introduction to Quantitative Methods. I plan to continue and finish the entire Specialization.

By Olusegun A

Mar 31, 2016

I like to admit that I am a better person and am becoming a better manager in the process of taking this course.

By Lucy B

Jan 02, 2017

Clear information given concisely with helpful assessments.

By Ezra K M

Feb 21, 2018

Love the lectures and how they are being carried out. Easily digestible and understandable by prospective students. Assignments tend to be quite lengthy but its necessary to fortify understanding towards the subject matter. Thank you for organizing the course!

By Hasan K

Mar 27, 2017

The language used in the courses are very clear. The exercises and assignments helped me a lot to understand the provided material. Thanks!

By Mabel C M

Feb 07, 2017

A difficult course but one that's worth every minute spent on it!

By N_ens

Jul 02, 2017

Really enjoyed the course. I found the format easy to follow and the exercises very practical and problem oriented.

By Suresh V K

Mar 30, 2018

I found the course easy to follow through, enjoyed the format, and learned a lot about the historical background to philosophy and science as well as research methods. I believe it will be useful for anyone looking to get a good understanding and grounding in quantitative methods.

By Wilkinson M

Dec 02, 2016

I love how clear the information is, and the instructor's enthusiasm keeps me interested.

By Lauren P

Jun 04, 2017

Very good introduction!

By Linda M C

Jun 10, 2017

I learned a great deal from this course - the professor is clear, well organized, and thorough. I would have appreciated an additional session early on about how to review a research article--especially looking at many of the elements that were requested in the assignments--to help students feel more prepared to actually perform the assignments. Being asked to review research articles toward the beginning of the course (lesson 3) felt a bit like being thrown into the deep end before learning to swim. Personally, I instantly felt "out of my depth" and seriously questioned whether I "belonged" in the course or should drop out. But I am glad that I did continue, and hope that others will too, as it is a well-taught, valuable course. Thank you for presenting it.

By Daniel O

Jul 02, 2017

I am in my second year of teaching high school students about research and this course is essential in establishing a foundational knowledge of how good research is done.

By Aroldo L D S B

Mar 17, 2018

It was an exceptional experience with University of Amsterdam, since this course is very well organized and the quality of teaching as well. I will attend the other 4 courses.

By Md S H

Jun 10, 2018

Its a great course what they have designed for us. I loved and enjoyed that a lot. It helped to learn new things indeed.

By Nicholas D

Nov 30, 2017

Very good groundwork

By Boris v d H

Dec 15, 2017

Concise and thorough course on the current methodology of quantitative research, grounded on a historical development. Good video's, relevant quizes and peer review essays.

By Fabrizio T

Jun 25, 2018

Great course both in the way is structured and in the contents