Back to Quantitative Methods

LG
Jan 4, 2018

GM
Nov 15, 2020

Excellent course! Well narrated, even entertaining, VERY well structured, with supporting material, and a great mix of theory and examples or discussions. Perhaps the best MOOC I've ever encountered.

476 - 500 of 598 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

Apr 29, 2020

good.

By Umali D S

Oct 16, 2020

Good

By Sai S V

Sep 1, 2020

good

By Md. S R

Aug 21, 2020

Best

By Cui L

Jun 30, 2020

good

By Cao Z

good

By Martin O C J

Mar 11, 2016

I

By Hongming H

May 12, 2020

It is a very useful course, as an international student who is currently studying in the Netherland, I have to say, this course is a very dutch way. we have to do group work with our classmates, and we can have a discussion with other people.

In addition, those courses are not very long, they are very short videos and everyone can use several minutes to take those courses. This course aims to lay the foundation for conducting first-class qualitative and quantitative research and embed it in an effective and feasible mixed-method research design, thereby laying a solid foundation. At the end of this course, students will have a good understanding of the most important principles and practices of social science research. At the end of the course, he will also be able to improve his knowledge and skills independently, so as to pursue his substantive research interests without methodological obstacles. The course first introduces and discusses the most important qualitative methods for all students in the social sciences and behavioural sciences.

By MK Q

Aug 8, 2020

The content provided is of excellent quality, and videos are well explained. I only put 3 stars for 2 reasons. The first one, is that the “peer-reviewing” idea is not a good idea without language requirements to enrol in this course: at least half of the assignments I peer-reviewed were filled with vocabulary and grammar mistakes make it really hard the understand. In many cases as well, the assignments are so filled with mistakes that it is just impossible to understand. I therefore wonder, how such low English skills can permit some of us to read carefully and understand the texts used for the assignments.

The second point, is that in my opinion, the content remains very general. For instance a deeper analysis of each research designs would have been nice.

The course remains however extremely useful for whoever is interested in quantitative reasoning. I would recommend to pair this knowledge with that of books on each topic discussed.

By Stephan R

Aug 7, 2020

The course covers a lot of topics, which all together provide a good introduction into research. it is well-structured and covers even aspects of the current movement towards open science. I enjoyed the way the course instructor, Annemarie Zand Scholten, guides you through the course. The slides are well-made and the assignments really support applying the knowledge gained. Nonetheless, the instructions in the assignments need some attention as they sometimes contain contradictory information about what is asked. Furthermore, a number of the items in the quizzes are at least technically questionable; so one has to guess or assume what was probably intended to ask. Most disappointing: I never had so many cases of plagiarism by other participants. Still, I will recommend this course to my students.

By Sara E M

Feb 15, 2016

I really enjoyed this course overall (and it was somewhat easy for me because I have some background in this already), but there were some technical issues especially regarding accessing assignments. It would be nice if there was a more robust group of volunteer tutors/teaching assistants or something to answer questions or deal with these technical issues, especially the final exam not working for a while for me and some other people. But, I enjoyed the illustrations (drawings) and cute examples, and also the lecturer did a pretty good job on camera. I would probably give this course a 4.5 if possible, but I am hesitant to give it a full 5 points because of the technical issues. Anyway I would recommend the course to someone who wants a survey of quantitative methods to prepare for future study.