Back to Quantitative Methods

LG
Jan 4, 2018

GM
Nov 15, 2020

Excellent course! Well narrated, even entertaining, VERY well structured, with supporting material, and a great mix of theory and examples or discussions. Perhaps the best MOOC I've ever encountered.

576 - 600 of 620 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Joe M

Feb 1, 2017

Good content, good ideas, great examples. The forums were a little abandoned.

By Vibhor B

Oct 22, 2020

The videos are comprehensive and the assignments really test your learning

By Hanneke L

Jan 13, 2020

Love the videos and the clear explanations of all concepts discussed.

By Georgina D

Jul 8, 2019

Great course. Broad scope and hones in on important ethical aspects.

By Tobias R A

Jul 29, 2020

A very good course, with very good examples, lectures and exams

By ThomasIwalla

Mar 2, 2019

A very intensive course. Learnt a lot from the course so far.

By Jennifer P

May 7, 2016

Good pacing, good explanations, reasonable expectations.

By 婉佑 田

Aug 17, 2016

it's really good for a student in planning department.

By Toshan M

Nov 19, 2018

Good introduction to statistics and social science.

By Chris C

Aug 24, 2020

Very interesting but could have been more rigorous

By Enchill G L

Nov 14, 2020

It is a pleasure and great to learn this course.

By Fabian G

Dec 2, 2015

Interesting and concise. Straight to the point.

By Bartosz K

Dec 10, 2015

Great content and delivered in a clear way.

By Mahalakshmi V

Sep 11, 2020

good and easy understandable subject

By Juan S B M

Jan 12, 2017

very good course, well structured!!

By Madiha G

Oct 29, 2015

Excelente!

By MUSA T S

Jan 24, 2017

good

By Nitika J

Aug 10, 2020

By Flavia F

Jun 6, 2020

The course is very interesting and the material discussed is all essential knowledge for doing research in the field of social sciences. I also really appreciate the extra material that the teachers offered, the interesting interviews in particular, which presents the student with the perspective of scientists conducting research in the field.

However, the amount of work required for completing the course is significantly above that mentioned in the course description, or at least in one takes the final assignments seriously.

Another problem I had was with understanding the questions of several final assignments and of the final exam. I have a master in cognitive science, one in analytic philosophy, and I am at the final stage of my PhD in philosophy. I have studied my masters in English, and I am writing my PhD thesis in English. Yet, many questions really puzzled me, including the questions regarding the philosophical content of the course.

Given the difficulties I encountered, I wonder whether this course would be really suitable to undergraduates.

Despite that, I am happy to have completed the course and I recognize that I learned a lot during the course. Despite the final assignments requiring more work than I had planned, I had a lot of fun doing them. Furthermore, I really appreciate the teachers' effort (and I believe quite some was needed) to design this course and to offer students more than it was required to provide them with some basic knowledge.

By Dori H

Sep 19, 2020

The course content is great. The lectures and materials are good as well. However, the peer review assignment is more than terrible. The idea of collaborative learning is awesome, but pursing which requires certain checking and supporting mechanisms. There is no quality control of the review system. Plagiarism is prevalent!!! I don't understand how people just copy-n-past the same thing and submit as their own work? This happens every week, and people copied the exact same works. I was shocked reading several identical submissions in a row. Such actions of ACADEMIC DISHONESTY should NOT BE TOLERATED. Another huge problem, relating to peer-review, is the discussion forum. There is almost no discussion about the course content. I thought the purpose of forum is to clarify confusion through discussions. But it turns out to be a place to post one's work requesting for review. It's okay for sure, but this should not be the main function of the forum. Thus, overall, unfortunately, I feel that the disfunction of the discussion forum and the lack of countering mechanism against plagiarism tarnished this wonderful course.

By Stephen R

Oct 17, 2015

The actual educational value of this course is quite high. The score I can offer it in good faith is dragged down by the additional "assignments" like "Write you own quiz question!" and the expectation to review the quiz questions thought up by other students. Such things in a scientific course are unnecessary and may actually be counterproductive because of the reliance upon other students and their grasp of the material. If they are to remain part of this course, they really should be treated as supplementary and not required to complete the course. It really detracts from the experience for those of us who come here to learn and not to socialize.