Back to Quantitative Methods

LG
Jan 4, 2018

GM
Nov 15, 2020

Excellent course! Well narrated, even entertaining, VERY well structured, with supporting material, and a great mix of theory and examples or discussions. Perhaps the best MOOC I've ever encountered.

151 - 175 of 601 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Karen b

Jul 22, 2020

Excellent content, really well presented, the conversational interviews after each week reinforced the technical content of the lectures really well. I also enjoyed the challenge! Thank you!

By Michaela v d G

Jan 11, 2020

I am following both the Qualitative and Quantitative Methods courses. I love the tutor of the Quantitative methods. The theory is structured clearly and the lectures are a pleasure to watch.

By Susan w

Feb 21, 2020

I learned a lot from this course and also appreciated the course structure. Questions throughout the videos and transcripts that you could print off made the course much more meaningful.

By Rodrigo R F

Mar 9, 2017

O curso é maravilhoso. Dá uma boa base de como são desenvolvidas pesquisas quantitativas, bem como detalhes importantes sobre ética, epistemologia e gnosiologia, história da ciência etc.

By Carlos R T

Jul 7, 2020

Great condense context content, would help if we get some medium research designs, rather than moving from very simple cases to very complex ones. Very pleased with the course material!

By Sen W

Mar 29, 2016

Lots of abstract concepts, really hard to Asian people. And the teacher's talking speed is a little fast. I have to watch the video for more than 4 times to make some sentences clearly.

By Andrés M G

Apr 8, 2018

I found the course very interesting, even very complex in some topics, but that was really constructive too. The course have excellent resources and explanations, I learned a lot.

By Sandro

Jan 23, 2017

I was very happy with the course. Good amount of workload, good videos, transcripts available, and the exam at the end of the course was difficult, but doable after some studying.

By Rachael

Apr 21, 2019

Tough topic if you are relatively new to it - but the presentation and lectures were great, accessible and exceptionally high quality - great job on putting the course together!

By Mohammed A

Oct 1, 2018

This is a great starting course on the topic of Quant Methods. The program could take an entire semester or two if you want to go in depth, but as a starter, it was just right.

By Arman Z

Aug 8, 2019

Very good course material and quizzes. However, I expected a little bit of different themes. Particularly, I expected quantitative analysis - t-test, normal distribution, etc.

By Aroldo B

Mar 17, 2018

It was an exceptional experience with University of Amsterdam, since this course is very well organized and the quality of teaching as well. I will attend the other 4 courses.

By Theo A R S

Jun 22, 2017

Great introduction to the bases of philosophy of science, principles of quantification, scientific experiments and critical analysis for identifying good (or sloppy) science.

By Christine T A H

Apr 15, 2020

Not a very easy, but very well explained course. I had barely any knowledge of quantitative methods in the beginning. This course helped me to gain some profound knowledge!

By Boris v d H

Dec 15, 2017

Concise and thorough course on the current methodology of quantitative research, grounded on a historical development. Good video's, relevant quizes and peer review essays.

By Caroline A

Oct 29, 2020

Very good introduction to quantitative methods! The instructor is excellent, as well as the pedagogical approach. I learnt a lot and it was both demanding and accessible.

By Marisol P R

Jun 29, 2020

I loved the course, it made me have another look at science and its methodology. They have good videos, material and the interviews are also interesting. Congratulations!

By Camilo E T P

Jun 28, 2020

It is a very complete and a very challenging course. The lectures are very useful and you really need to understand the concepts in order to complete all the assessments.

By Cameron

Jul 27, 2019

Excellent course which is really helping me with my research (Sociolinguistics). The handouts can be downloaded and kept as useful, synthetic revision notes. Thank you !!

By Daniel O

Jul 2, 2017

I am in my second year of teaching high school students about research and this course is essential in establishing a foundational knowledge of how good research is done.

By Zoraida E C E

Aug 21, 2020

It could be basic for those previously exposed to qualitative methods or statistics, but it offer a very good immersion in philosophy of science and scientific analysis.

By BIRTAN D

Oct 1, 2019

A well-developed and clear-explained course for future researchers. I've learned precious knowledge in this course, Many thanks to the Professor and all of the team.

By AS102

Jul 19, 2020

I learned so many details about quantitative research, and I feel more confident and ready start working with conducting empirical research and correlation studies.

By Raffy S C

Jul 14, 2020

The course is great and the lessons are very comprehensive. The assessments are very challenging and tests what you have learned in the course. Highly recommended.

By Yatsukhno S P

Aug 4, 2019

Hello! I study social anthropology and sociology, and this course contains a lot of new and useful infromation for me, although my majority is gualitative methods.