Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

201 - 225 of 371 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Linda M C

Jun 10, 2017

I learned a great deal from this course - the professor is clear, well organized, and thorough. I would have appreciated an additional session early on about how to review a research article--especially looking at many of the elements that were requested in the assignments--to help students feel more prepared to actually perform the assignments. Being asked to review research articles toward the beginning of the course (lesson 3) felt a bit like being thrown into the deep end before learning to swim. Personally, I instantly felt "out of my depth" and seriously questioned whether I "belonged" in the course or should drop out. But I am glad that I did continue, and hope that others will too, as it is a well-taught, valuable course. Thank you for presenting it.

By Daniel O

Jul 02, 2017

I am in my second year of teaching high school students about research and this course is essential in establishing a foundational knowledge of how good research is done.

By Stephanie S

Feb 22, 2016

This course is excellent! I found the content of very high quality, the lecture videos are very clear and easy to understand. What I find remarkable however, is the quality of the exams and assignments! The staff have put in a lot of effort in creating questions and assignments which really test your understanding and knowledge with a clever marking system which always works out to give you a fair mark even when the assignments are peer reviewed. Well done to Anne-Marie and the other staff who put together this course :)

By Sanja S

Nov 29, 2016

Great introduction into methodology and statistics in social sciences

By Somya T

Dec 14, 2016

It is a brilliant course explaining each aspect of quantitative research methods. The course covers all the major topics used in Psychological Research. It has helped me to understand and apply variety of concepts like research design, measurement and sampling.

By Emmanuel C

Nov 20, 2016

A very good course to open up the understanding of research.

By Sheila I P C

Nov 17, 2017

Excellent

By Carol C

Mar 27, 2017

The concepts were clearly and cleverly explained. The assignments were relevant and helped to extend my knowledge of course videos. I appreciate the methods used to teach the course and provide evaluation and feedback. There was a lot of work but I learned a lot too!

By Robert S

Jan 12, 2018

This course was a nice introduction to quantitative methods. I have previously taken university-level courses in quantitative methods, and was taking this course as a refresher, particularly in research design and sampling. I found it achieved this purpose. The lecturer was great: very engaging and clear.

By Md S H

Jun 10, 2018

Its a great course what they have designed for us. I loved and enjoyed that a lot. It helped to learn new things indeed.

By Syed L

Dec 18, 2017

Quite a nice refresher. Must do for all the researchers.

By Rajah B

Apr 15, 2018

Incredible course!

By Elpida S

Jun 11, 2018

Well, i am completely satisfied from this course. As my field is Social Sciences it was my first contact and experience this lesson for the huge range in Methodology and Statistics. Although it needed to devote a lot of time in order to meet the deadlines, to sumbit quiz and assigments, i learned a lot. Material, videos, lectures and the ability of the professor to transmit all the nessesary knowledge it was a huge, useful advantage. Do not forget that lessons from distance are much more difficult to study and succeed than attending in universities. I will reccomend this lesson to everyone. Congratulations about organisation, material. One little fragment that it was negative i claim that i completed everything before the date that the course finishes and i am waiting the grades to be reviwed in order to receive my certification.

By 赵思奇

Oct 02, 2017

A very clearly structured and presented course.

By Spencer R

Sep 24, 2017

Great course, very thorough and an interesting peer review system that allows fairly complex ideas and assignments to be managed.

By Vic D

Feb 10, 2018

This course was on a topic I have never been exposed to and will be necessary for ongoing research work. I was both amazed and gratified by the way that the University of Amsterdam and Professor Annemarie Zand Scholten conducted the course and imparted knowledge. The difficulty of the material for me was in the language and the newness of the content that was made quite easy to follow. The quizzes, assignments and tests were at the right level and built to a crescendo. Really can't say enough good things but will say that it was everything I needed and delivered with the highest professionalism than I had expected. Kudos!

By Diego E M V

Dec 03, 2017

It was excellent. Useful and understandable.

By Paritosh D

Mar 26, 2018

Good course for people who are new to this branch of study. a robustly designed course with challenging assignments ( phew!!). Your progress through this course will be rewarding! From India, thank you to the team.

By Andrés M G

Apr 08, 2018

I found the course very interesting, even very complex in some topics, but that was really constructive too. The course have excellent resources and explanations, I learned a lot.

By Autumn O

Dec 14, 2017

A really great course! I loved the pictures used as examples, and the bonus interviews really helped me gain a deeper understanding of the material. I also really like it how this University doesn't assume you know everything, and starts from the start.

By Nivedh J

Jul 28, 2018

Well paced, well presented and with interesting assessments, this course was a pleasure to carry out

By Elimane N

Apr 20, 2019

Great course!

By Rachael

Apr 21, 2019

Tough topic if you are relatively new to it - but the presentation and lectures were great, accessible and exceptionally high quality - great job on putting the course together!

By Edwin Y R M

May 11, 2019

This is one of the best courses that I ever toke on Coursera. The content is rich, clear, useful, the assigments are chalengers, providing a close view to main aspects of any quantitaive research. I recommennd this Course to anyone who wants to learn the essensial content about qualtitative methods.

By Crystal G

May 24, 2019

Loved Annemarie Zand Scholten style of teaching. She is a great communicator and educator, making the materials accessible. The video quality and visual materials were excellent and greatly aided to understanding the material. thank you UA!!!