Back to The Introduction to Quantum Computing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Introduction to Quantum Computing by Saint Petersburg State University

4.3

"Quantum Computing" is among those terms that are widely discussed but often poorly understood. The reasons of this state of affairs may be numerous, but possibly the most significant among them is that it is a relatively new scientific area, and it's clear interpretations are not yet widely spread. The main obstacle here is the word "quantum", which refers to quantum mechanics - one of the most counter-intuitive ways to describe our world. But fear not! This is not a course on quantum mechanics. We will gently touch it in the beginning and then leave it apart, concentrating on the mathematical model of quantum computer, generously developed for us by physicists. This doesn't mean that the whole course is mathematics either (however there will be enough of it). We will build a simple working quantum computer with our bare hands, and we will consider some algorithms, designed for bigger quantum computers which are not yet developed. The course material is designed for those computer scientists, engineers and programmers who believe, that there's something else than just HLL programming, that will move our computing power further into infinity. Since the course is introductory, the only prerequisites are complex numbers and linear algebra. These two are required and they have to be enough. Happy learning!...

HH

The course was very insightful. The only problem I faced was that the concepts were not neatly explained, I had to go back in the videos many times to understand. But an amazing course overall.

BP
Feb 23, 2020

Heavily Packed course..Touched the tip of a huge iceberg named "Beauty of Mathematics" from this course..Thanks to Coursera and the team for this insightful journey of 5 weeks with you.

101 - 111 of 111 Reviews for The Introduction to Quantum Computing

By Santo L

Jan 6, 2020

Very interesting course, however the instructor is not so clear.

By Manikandan.R

Oct 9, 2021

Though the course is good there is still scope for imporvements

By YANGSHENG Z

Oct 30, 2020

need a bit more example to support the explanation.

By N A I K

Nov 5, 2019

Since the title is introduction the program could have been more simplistic in nature and later on go towards more complicated subjects, a brief introduction should be there for all the notations, symbols, equations,etc that are being used. It took me more than a month to clear week 4. I request to change the contents into a better presentable way

By Olivier M

Jan 29, 2021

Too theorical for an introduction ...

By Siddhant A

May 6, 2021

Pretty poorly taught.

By Thiago V

Oct 18, 2021

Dense course, with a teacher sitting reading slides, which makes it very difficult to understand the topic. Classes need to be more dynamic, I would love to learn but material like this discourages me a lot in my studies. Very sad

By Arvind D R

May 24, 2021

The course content is not completely to neither complete the understand the concepts nor complete the assignments

By Jesús

Apr 29, 2021

It is not free at all. You think you can complete it for free without paying but in the first test you must pay.

By Sae D

May 5, 2021

I was looking for more understanding than formulas. Sorry, but the course was boring for me

By Sai S

Apr 15, 2020

Horrible. This course is not an " introduction". Its really difficult.