Back to Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course focuses on developing truly cross-platform, native iOS and Android apps using React Native (Ver 0.55) and the Expo SDK (Ver. 27.0.0). React Native uses modern JavaScript to get truly native UI and performance while sharing skills and code with the web. You will learn about UI development with React Native UI and layout support and access the native mobile platform's capabilities from Javascript using the Expo SDK. You should have already completed the Bootstrap 4 and the React courses in this specialization before proceeding with this course. At the end of this course you will be able to (a) Build mobile applications targeting multiple platforms with a single codebase, (b) Leverage your React and Javascript skills, (c) Use various features of React Native and the Expo SDK to build truly cross-platform mobile applications, and (d) Use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

This course helped me a lot improving my skills. This course was also helpful in developing my final year project. I am learn new language ie;react native and also learn how to run with android also.

MP
Dec 28, 2019

This course helped me a lot in developing and improving my skills. This course was also helpful in developing my final year project. Overall this course was very good and informative.

1 - 25 of 196 Reviews for Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native

By Sourav P

Aug 10, 2019

The course may be updated to use the latest packages as there are lot of breaking changes in the latest version of the packages.

By Brandon L

Nov 16, 2019

The course content needs to be updated as there is a lot changes happening in React Native world.

By Jose A

Jan 27, 2020

As with previous courses in the specialisation, content is outdated. Some exercises don't work as defined. Some assignments evaluate tasks nor defined in description.

By Srihari M

Oct 11, 2019

The course is good & cool, but many outdated libraries are used

By Subhadeep D

May 4, 2020

Enjoyed the course but can't help agreeing that the modules and the content of the course is quite outdated and has to updated regularly to maintain its value.

By Theodosios T

Jan 26, 2020

Some of the course material is deprecated. So you'd have to spend some time on your own to fix issues.

By Taras S

Dec 23, 2019

Used libraries are a bit outdated

By Muhamad A B J

Aug 5, 2019

Great course. Need to update. Some of library used in this course is changed but still can follow by reading updated docs from expo.

By Azhar B T

May 3, 2020

so many outdated content....this course is very old...cannot follow exactly what the trainer told u...u have to figure out to import certain updated library by yourself. nobody will help u

By Brigita V

Jul 15, 2020

The effort Jogesh K. Muppala and others have put in this course is really amazing. It is worth mentioning that there are quite a few parts that are already outdated, but there is nothing that the internet and discussion forums did not solve. Besides that, this course gives a thorough introduction to mobile app development. For me, it was the first time developing a mobile application and besides a few drawbacks, I'm really satisfied with the results. If you want to understand "how and why" - take this course. Every bit of code is explained by a lecturer, it is really worth the time ;)

By coder h

Jan 9, 2020

I learned a lot of general features about ReactNative from this course. The professor explains perfectly. if you acheive this course, you could develop mobile apps you want. I followed this course with React Hooks and Expo SDK 36. It means you don't need to worry about what version is released now in RN. Thank you for the best course of RN.

By Rodolfo d A V

Aug 21, 2019

I had no previous React competence but I was able to complete this course smoothly thanks the the way the instructor has structured this course. Kudos for him!

By Dave D

Jan 22, 2020

Needs to be updated. I myself don't mind having to search for the latest way to do something. But the reason many people take a course because they want to be shown how things are done. Too much has changed for this course to be presented without an update.

By Chuanqi Z

Feb 18, 2019

I like the W2 assignment which did impose some challenges and make me understand better on Redux.

I do feel most of the other assignments are too easy

By Alaa O

Feb 27, 2020

this course is a bit outdated, most of the code doesn't work with the latest versions

By Syed S

Mar 24, 2020

Please update the course.

It is having too much outdated information

By Mohd I B A

Nov 6, 2019

Using outdated expo library

By Volodymyr K

Mar 6, 2020

Outdated, a lot of information is no longer relevant

By Kostenko A

Apr 5, 2020

Отвратительный курс! Использует технологии еще доисторических предков! Просто устарело!

By H. M M B

Sep 5, 2020

Everything was great, but I think, this course is too much old and dependency was too old some even don't support now. First of all, 'create-react-native-app' not available right now it's replaced by 'expo init' and so many changes came up but this course have not updated at all. So it will be great if this course content update with a new package

By Shrikant S

By Mustafa P

Dec 29, 2019

By Sachintha U

Jan 2, 2020

Good course for the beginner

Cons : should need to give A-Z knowledge about redux in this course, because redux is covering in React course.

By Naman L

Apr 29, 2020

My first course on Coursera. Awesome learning with the great teacher from the great university. The only problem with this course is that most of its part is outdated and we have to read the whole documentation of some topics and apply it in the course project by our own after several trial and errors. Overall best course for the beginners in the mobile app development.

By Yuichiro M

Nov 3, 2019

I could learned the basic development method of React Native.

The curriculum is well defined and now I get to have confidence to develop by React Native.

Due to the rapid improving of React society, the course materials are getting old and you need to survey the latest way to achieve the same things.