Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

LH

Great class. Very positive and uplifting. Certainly helped me to calm my anxiety and stress about what is going on in the world. Easy to understand and pleasant. A class I would recommend to others.

FF

The topics are like tools very handy. It provides both skills that can be very helpful both on negative and positive emotions. The discussions and examples were clearly explain.Good Job.Keep it up!!

101 - 125 of 748 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Jackelinne M d A A

Dec 28, 2020

The best course on resilience.

Gratidão é a palavra que define o meu sentimento nesse momento.

Parabéns à equipe responsável e, em especial, à professora Dra, Karen Reivich pela disponibilidade e condução do curso. O sentimento, nesse momento, é de saudade: grande foi o aprendizado.

Minha gratidão, sempre.

Jackelinne Aragão

By Jennifer A

Sep 28, 2020

Professor Reivich was such a joy to learn and listen to. I bought her book-"The Resilience Factor" and am beginning to dive into that now. I hope she will be able to teach another MOOC on Coursera dealing with a similar topic. I also bought my own gratitude journal and am going to focus on that as well. She was excellent!

By Francis M

Jan 3, 2021

Excelente curso e instructora. Aprender cuales son las trampas mentales que nos impiden crecer como personas y conseguir aplicar herramientas para adquirir resiliencia y estar presentes en cuerpo y mente, sin juicios ni expectativas descalificadoras es una habilidad que todos debemos aprender a manejar efectivamente.

By Kristina K

Nov 26, 2020

It was a great sneak peek in positive psychology and some of its dimensions. Lots of practical examples and approached are offered that can be applied to your personal and professional life alike. The course gave me lots of for thought and definitely encouraged me to learn more about resilience and positive psychology.

By Amy A

Sep 19, 2020

Dr Reivich does a great job presenting in this format. She keeps the time frames short so you can easily digest the information as well as fit this course into a busy schedule. The resiliency techniques (and the science behind them) are so helpful during these stressful times. I’d recommend this course to everyone!

By Pennee K

Nov 18, 2020

It is a very good MOOC. The professor turned us to be active learners ( in my view). The conclusion at the end of each Module and the review of the past experiences from the previous episode at the beginning of very episode are relay good approach. She said that this is her first MOOC, but it is a very good one.

By Fi

Nov 10, 2020

This was a fantastic course which has given lots of practical advice for living a more fulfilling and resilient life. I am so grateful that I was able to do this during the pandemic and will work to apply it to my daily life. Thank you to everyone who has been involved in producing it and making it free to access.

By Paige K A

Jun 2, 2020

Such great information. I loved learning about all the different concepts and they were covered to a perfect level for this course. Very appropriate. I found Karen and the other speakers to be extremely engaging. The discussion prompts are also great to contribute and encourage reflection on what you have learnt.

By Norleemirhana a

Jan 24, 2021

Interested topic. New knowledge for me in handling challenges in workplace and even at home especially to be Optimistic and to have Positive Thinking at all times in order to handle Anxiety. The Module on Thinking Traps are great. It helps me to understand myself and others. Gratitude and appreciation are vital

By Mindy D

Jan 31, 2021

This course was exceptionally relevant for me at this most challenging time in my life. Dealing with many current triggers and searching to find the tools to help be more resilient, this course was enormously helpful in finding joy and positive emotions in my life and the lives of those around me. Thank you

By Mariana C

This course is resourceful, amazingly explain and easy to understand! Im really happy i did this course.

I can say that a found things about myself that didn't know or things that i new i had but didn't know could be useful for resilience. Congrats to the specialists and please keep working for the wellbeing

By Silvina B M

Ph.D. Karen Reivich has such a talent to explain, it was very easy to follow and to pay attention, being concentrated in all videos. Thank you and all collaborators in this course. And thank you for the clear spoken English, for me not being native speaker was so nice to catch all words. Thank you! Silvina

By JORGE C

It was not a simple course, but a whole enrichment experience. I liked it very much. The content was very good and I have learned how to improve my resilience as well as how to build and strengthen relationships. It will help me a lot in my work as executive coach. Thanks to Dr. Karen Reivich and you all.

By Michael D

May 15, 2020

Thank you for this course. I will use most of the skills to add neat to the bones of a project that i'am doing for myself. The way the whole course was laid out especially the videos from DR. Karen made the whole expieriance not just informative but enjoyable. I will be doing more so thank you again. Mike.

By Maria G

Great course - particularly during this difficult time. I am a manager of over 20 advisors at a public institution. As I work with my team of advisors and students - the information I have learned I have been implementing so I can provide a sense of calm/guidance while we go through uncertain times.

By Priya P

Apr 5, 2021

The course gave me an insight into self and major thought processes and ways to handle the situations better. Sure is an upgrade-level course. Resilience to the mind is like digestion to the body. Vital health. Vital daily intake of key skills is needed in modern times where we would be judged by AI.

By Laura L

Aug 30, 2020

Highly recommended to anyone interested in learning more about resilience. The course is extremely interesting, clearly presented and the information shared is very useful in building one's own resilience toolkit. Dr. Reivich is a great lecturer and I look forward to enrolling on more of her courses.

By Sherry T

Jan 27, 2021

This course opened my eyes to many attributes I give as a person in a time or resilience. This pandemic of COVID-19 really set us back and gave us time to research or read about various things. Since I got to take this class It has opened my eyes up on my thinking or different situations.

By Yusef J A

Sep 9, 2020

Very interesting course for resilience and one that encourages self-examination together with practical exercises. Importance of application to be effective and so as not to forget. If the lessons are applied daily I am sure this will increase the quality of relationships and resilience in general.

By Celine H

Feb 23, 2021

The course Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty was really insightful. Dr. Reivich does really great work at explaining and giving examples. These are good tools that can be applied at work and in my personal life in order to increase resilience and well-being. I highly recommend the course.

By Marit P

It was a wonderful course, which pushed to look deeper into myself. Like this I found my character strengths and how to use these in stressful times. Also got beneficial knowledge on how to overcome thinking traps, how important is gratitude and how to be a real joy multiplier. Thank you so much!

By Joanne M d B

Oct 5, 2020

A perfect refresher in how to find grounding and joy in these very troubling times. Not only is the instructor informative but she is also personable and engaged.

The only detractor was that most supplemental information required purchases of books off Amazon that were cumulatively quite pricey.

By Beth S

Aug 29, 2020

The course brought me a clearer understanding of what resilient thinking is and how it can affect one's life in positive ways! Karen is a masterful teacher! This learning has been tremendously helpful to me as a health and wellness coach and high school teacher! Thank you for offering it to us!

By Susanne B

Apr 20, 2020

As a health care professional, I found this course extremely helpful. Being thrust from an outpatient practice to an inpatient setting has challenged me. I am grateful and thankful for this course. I plan to take a deeper dive into anxiety management and particularly mindfulness. Thank you!

By Renee L

Mar 30, 2021

Dear professor!

Thank you very much! It was really enjoyable, interesting and an eye-opener! I took this course to help me to understand why my own resilience depletes from time to time. Using tools that you mentioned definitely are going to help me to get over the problems easier. Thank you