Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

LH

Great class. Very positive and uplifting. Certainly helped me to calm my anxiety and stress about what is going on in the world. Easy to understand and pleasant. A class I would recommend to others.

JK
Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course on resilience skills in a time of uncertainty. It has helped me learnt many skills useful to face real life challanges. Thank you Coursera and team for developing such a nice course

126 - 150 of 630 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Veronica M

Dec 14, 2020

Even though some of the topics, I do myself, it gave me a greater understanding why I do and also helped me look at my strengths and how to bring the best me. Reminding me to be mindful and present in the moment. Thank you for this course, it has made me aware.

By Margarita G C

Nov 18, 2020

maravilloso el curso !!! y Karen es muy entusiasta en dictar cada video. a pesar que no se el idioma pongo el sonido pues voz, entonación, energía me contagia de entusiasmo !! mil gracias Karen y Penn por dictar este curso en plena pandemia. miles de gracias !!

By Natalie C

Jul 25, 2020

I received much more than I had expected. Theory, certainly, but also practical ways to apply the material. In addition, I really enjoyed how others were brought in to lend their experience and expertise. Finally, I found the instructor engaging and well-spoken.

By Mireya V

Sep 17, 2020

Excelente curso. La Dra. Karen Reivich expone muy bien el contenido. Transmite conocimiento y autenticidad en lo que propone. Ha valido la pena y estoy feliz de haberme dado esta oportunidad que me reta a ser cada día más resiliente. Muchas gracias por tanto.

By Joy J

Indeed very helpful. We oftentimes get caught with busy days at work and with our personal and this course is such a great tool for self realisation and development. Practical activities were interesting, it’ll get you involved. Overall, it was all worth it.

By Dean U

Dec 5, 2020

I found this course to be particularly insightful, especially now in the time of the pandemic where resilience is needed more than ever. I greatly appreciated the content and the delivery and will do my best to put the skills to practice. Thank you!

By Joyce N

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you for making this available worldwide. The corse was structured so well with clear takeaways and engaging videos on each topic. You had my full focused and I loved learning from you Karen & team. Congrats on your first MOOC and all the best!

By Claus V

Sep 11, 2020

Great Course. Very hands-on. There are several topics that will aid you in improving your relationships and ways of dealing with day to-day situations. I really got somo good insights from the excercises that will improve my work and personal life.

By DORA L S S

Dec 3, 2020

Me pareció muy ilustrador sobre os tipos de pensamiento que pueden inhibir la resiliencia y la actividad de las personas para llevar a cabo su vida y sus proyectos de la mejor manera, tambien ofrece alternativas de solucion y eso es muy positivo,

By Karen W

Nov 10, 2020

This is an excellent course that I highly recommend! Teaching style and material is very engaging and informative. Lots of gems to work with even for someone with advanced degrees in psychology and human development. Best Coursera course so far!

By Ana L

Nov 9, 2020

I loved this course. The topics, tests, and Karen´s explanations. She is a great speaker and the course is fulfilling, interesting, dynamic, and a great way to learn the importance of using our own character and emotions to live happier lives.

By Lynn M

Oct 10, 2020

Excellent course!! Dr. Reivich is an engaging, clear, thorough presenter with useful, usable information. I enjoyed this learning experience and am optimistic that I will be able to translate skills to improving my relationships and my life!

By Isabel A

I really enjoyed this course. It was fun and entertaining to watch. The concepts where presented easily, and so you could understand them while learning new ways to apply them to your life. It was really helpfull proffesionally and personally.

By Myca

Jun 14, 2020

This is one of the best short courses to take on Coursera don't get me wrong. It is easy to follow and very relaxing, and in a lot of way focuses on how you can improve yourself and also your relationships. Resilience is a ripple effect :)

By Rejoice E

Aug 22, 2020

Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty is a very good course which I enjoyed so much.

I have add resilience skills to my everyday living habits.

Thanks to Karen Reivich, Ph.D. the School and Coursera for this wonderful life teachings.

By Merve O

Jul 1, 2020

Great course! This course came out just at the right time, when we most needed something like this. Especially with everything that's going on this course helped me learn a lot about resilience and how to stay positive during hard times.

By Rosalle R D

Prior to taking this course, I thought that this will provide me ways to effectively help others.... but at the end of the course, I learned a lot about MYSELF... which is the KEY to be a better and more effective helper. Thanks a lot!

By Laurice T

Apr 19, 2020

This was a fantastic course. Dr. Karen Reivich did an exceptional joy in presenting this course and I really valued the vulnerability she brought to the course. I am grateful and will most likely use what I've learned on a daily basis.

By Kiki G

Aug 21, 2020

Engaging, informative, practical and delivered way beyond my expectations! Wish I had a real time conversation group - although I've sent the link to at least 5 friends so perhaps we can have our own post course discussion. Many thanks!

By Raquel F

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent insight into Resilience and learning/teaching resilience skills. I will continue exploring the topic with my own students and hopefully pursue a deeper understanding and research with Penn in the near future!

Fantastic Course!

By Anna W

I thought this course was brilliant. Really interesting (intellectually and practically), well structured and well presented by Karen. It's left me really keen to take the full 'Foundations in Positive Psychology' course. Thank you.

By silvana c

Oct 23, 2020

All my gratitude to Karen and her colleagues for the amazing way to teach about Resilience skills. I`ve been working with some mentees in technology company and sharing good practices that I learnt on this course. Thank you so much!

By Mark F

Aug 19, 2020

An excellent course taught by a personable leader in the field with support from her talented academic team. I highly recommend this MOOC both as a leadership primer as well as one to improve family/home interpersonal relationships.

By Beatrice D

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, professor Karen made learning about resilience informative and wanting to apply the lessons.

Her personal, and her chosen co-workers stories were a big plus!

With great appreciation and thanks, Béatrice

By Maria P

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent, comprehensive, easy to follow online course. I now have a good understanding of positive psychology, have learned about my own personality and how to turn my thoughts into positive thoughts to achieve positive outcomes.