Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

FF

The topics are like tools very handy. It provides both skills that can be very helpful both on negative and positive emotions. The discussions and examples were clearly explain.Good Job.Keep it up!!

176 - 200 of 636 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Jon B

Dec 17, 2020

This course was accessible, relevant, and timely. Thank you for sharing personal stories from your life in a way that made the scientific principles come alive. This was a gift. I deeply appreciate it. Thank you!

By Raul L

Oct 12, 2020

I feel professor did a great job in sharing her knowledge and providing examples and resources to improve my knowledge and resilience skills. Timely topic and already using the information in my life. Thank you!

By Jorge M

Jun 6, 2020

This is a clear presentation with different techniques that we can use to improve our resilience. You can adopt all the practical tools explained to improve relationships and deal in a better way with adversity.

By Corina B

Aug 26, 2020

It was very informational and I will be able to expand on utilizing more than what I already currently use. I learned more about my personal strengths and how to optimize them both at home and in my workplace.

By Lisa L

Jul 1, 2020

This was a very straightforward applicable course that I looked forward to each day and was able to move through quickly because it was so engaging. Every single thing within this course was useful. Thank you.

By Lynne G B

Jun 19, 2020

Excellent course to help anyone become a more engaged, self-aware and more positive regardless of what "hand" life has dealt. Karen was outstanding in her explanations and the examples she shared. Thank you

By Marta A

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course. Explained very clearly; helped me understand a lot of my reactions and the behaviors of those around me, but also provided many tools to build resilience. I found the examples very helpful.

By Alicia C

May 15, 2020

Dr. Karen Reivich is any excellent speaker. The course contained helpful content that was easily applicable to personal and professional life. The course inspired me to explore positive psychology further.

By Birsen S

Nov 22, 2020

The course is well designed and every theory, theme well explained by Dr. Karen. There are lots of examples and rol plays makes everything easy to understand, remember and implement. Thank you very much.

By Arlene A

Sep 11, 2020

Great teaching of key concepts, and lots of actionable steps that anyone can use Immediately to become more resilient. Thank you all for the passion and obvious hard work to bring us such a great course!

By Selma S

Karen Reivich, PH.D. You are an excellent instructor. I have really learnt a lot. As a lecturer in leadership and soft skills I do appreciate your openness, vulnerability and joy. Thank you so much🙏🏻🎈

By Tiffany H L T

Nov 30, 2020

I really appreciate this course - it has been very helpful for me as I continue to navigate these uncertain times due to this pandemic. Thank you for this empowering, enlightening and enriching course!

By Ma. A G

Dec 7, 2020

This was an excellent course. Karen Reivich is an excellent teacher. She explains everything perfectly well and all the material that she presents is absolutely clear and complete. I loved the course.

By MARIA C C G

Jul 23, 2020

I enjoyed every module, Karen is a great speaker. Thank you so much.

Living in this historic time, the tools and knowledge of ths Mooc are valuable because using them I am living in fullness and hope.

By Adrianto R

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for this online course. After learn this subject, I understand more about building resilience, the importance of resilience, and how to build a strong relationship with others. I love it.

By erika s

Aug 21, 2020

This course was amazing and I loved the way Karen taught the class. I feel like I have gained so many tools to bring into my professional career as a teacher but also in my personal relationships.

By Myrian A G T

Jun 1, 2020

Interesante curso en tiempo de Cuarentena, aprenderás a manejar diferentes situaciones desde tu punto de vista, experiencias, miedos, etc frente a otras personas, situaciones, trabajo o relaciones.

By Jacinda C

May 15, 2020

This is a thought provoking course. I believe by implementing the skills and thinking taught in this course I will be a better version of myself, and will be more pleasant for others to be around.

By Darcy G

Nov 16, 2020

Useful in all aspects of life...professional, personal. Easy to understand and apply the concepts with useful opportunities to learn more about my own strengths and opportunities for development.

By Cora S

I'm so very grateful for this course. It not only helped me to deepen my interest in the subject, but also gave me real-life skills. Well explained and structured, and helpful examples. Thank you.

By Bianca Y

May 23, 2020

I really enjoyed the course very much. It was very helpful at this time of uncertainty. The course helped me, make a nonjudgmental introspection of my thinking traps, and how I can improve them.

By Robyn R

Nov 5, 2020

Helpful information, presented in a clear way even with reenactments! I will apply the strategies I learned in this class to my own professional and personal life and highly recommend the class.

By Amanda W

Apr 20, 2020

There are so many interesting stories, activities, and ideas to learn from in this course. The information may seem somewhat common at times, but the deep dive really takes you to another level.

By Edgar C

Oct 18, 2020

Excellent material with strong theoretical foundation and practical guides to put it in place on a regular daily basis. Karen is incredibly clear and seems enthusiastic about the material too.

By Stacey B

Nov 22, 2020

I've now taken four courses during covid. This class was excellent. My only regret is it is over! One suggestion:

I wish the suggested reading was given in PDF , rather than a link to Amazon.