Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

LH

Great class. Very positive and uplifting. Certainly helped me to calm my anxiety and stress about what is going on in the world. Easy to understand and pleasant. A class I would recommend to others.

JK
Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course on resilience skills in a time of uncertainty. It has helped me learnt many skills useful to face real life challanges. Thank you Coursera and team for developing such a nice course

226 - 250 of 545 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By vijaya l

Sep 11, 2020

karen is an authentic teacher, the role plays were excellent the subject was dealt so well. i made a lot of notes . i hope we have more mooc's from her.

By Angela H M

Oct 11, 2020

Great! I can use these tools in my everyday life. Simply presented without alot of clinical jargon and easy to understand the videos and activities..

By Corina Y

Excelente curso! Muy interesante, organizado, con claridad conceptual y aplicable a nivel personal y profesional. Una genia la Dra. Karen Reivich!

By Elana R A

I loved my teacher she was so patient and detailed. I have managed to worked with those individuals that are joy thief’s and conversation hackers.

By Swathi T

Sep 21, 2020

This course is well designed with all necessary topics and a lot of information connected to the title. Thanks to the Professor for enlighten me.

By Daniela L D

Jun 7, 2020

A very interesting course: i' ve learnt many good skills and a very charsmatic teacher. Good luck, Karen. You have all my admiration nd respect.

By Anshuman T

Oct 24, 2020

Go through course and opinions wille thr, but I thing certainly is true that A learner or seeker will find what is to be learned. Jai Shri Ram

By Ismael M

Excellent Course well develop with practical exercises to show to that participants can apply the skills learned. Great videos.

Ismael Medina

By Chris L W K

Nov 4, 2020

Excellent course on understanding the true essence of acquiring and applying Resilience Skills in managing and coping with uncertain times.

By Leona S

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you is was very useful in understanding people around me and how they think differently. I now understand my reactions to them better

By cesar a c c

Oct 19, 2020

I want to thank Dr Karen, this course helped me a lot to face this time . the tools given in the course are really useful thanks again .

By Jayachandran

Aug 3, 2020

This course is beautifully crafted with practical aspects which could be applied in my professional and personal life. Kudos to the team.

By Bridget O

Apr 13, 2020

A great way to introduce the concept of resiliency and ways someone participating in the course can develop resiliency in their own life.

By Jorge A C

Aug 30, 2020

Very good course content that helps us to know about resilience characteristics and methods for improving it and apply in us ourselves.

By Lauren B

Aug 27, 2020

Enlightening and enjoyable. The practice exercises help to refine my understanding of the concepts. There are some practical takeaways.

By Diana l D

May 5, 2020

It is a very interesting and excellent course. Resilience is a deep item that helps us through different steps to get tools to restart.

By Dulce P

May 3, 2020

It was a privilege to listen and learn with Dr Karen Reivich- i am grateful! Thank you too University of Pennsylvania through Coursera.

By Eden E

Jun 3, 2020

Great course! I learned so much about resilience, optimism, mind traps and responses, character strengths, and building relationships!

By Renu S

Jul 6, 2020

It was great place to start thinking of myself and those I love in a way that will enhance our lives. Very useful during the pandemic

By Christine M

Jun 10, 2020

Great information, useful for improving anyone's life. Instructor is a wonderful speaker, engaging, and uses real life examples well.

By Mary L T

Apr 29, 2020

Excellent refresher from the Master Resilience Course that I took in the military. Going to use this course to help teach my Soldiers

By Viola H

Oct 22, 2020

An excellent course and in real time, that is the instructor is fully cognizant that it it being offered in the midst of a pandemic.

By Sarah R

Loved so many parts about this course and can't wait to become a better leader/supervisor with noticing how I'm handling situations.

By Timothy

May 23, 2020

Thanks, Karen! I've been a self-guided student of resilience for a couple years now and enjoyed your perspective. Stay safe! Tim

By Mark M

I enjoy taking this course and the information is insightful, meaningful, and practical. I would recommend that course to others.