Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

LH

Great class. Very positive and uplifting. Certainly helped me to calm my anxiety and stress about what is going on in the world. Easy to understand and pleasant. A class I would recommend to others.

126 - 150 of 694 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Michael O

Nov 16, 2020

This course has given me a better understanding of Gratitude and best practise in human engagement. The instructor Karen Reivich, PhD, presentation was informative, educating and learning-friendly. I recommend this course to everyone wanting to improve their human relationship.

By Patricia M

May 14, 2020

This course was excellent. It really taught me a lot about interacting with others in a better healthier way. I like that the videos have the text at the bottom. That way I can read faster because I don't always have the patience to sit through the whole videos. Awesome course.

By Matthew J

Apr 16, 2020

This was a great follow up to the two week Master Resiliency Trainer Course which I had completed through the military in 2018. I look forward to sharing what I have learned now not only with my Soldiers but with my community as well.

Thank you so much for offering this program!

By Jutta A B

Jan 11, 2021

from Germany

Excellent course, excellent instructor! Easy to follow, good tools to build up mental strength! Thank you so much for this great gift.

Toller Kurs, tolle Trainerin! Gut verständlich, wertvolle Werkzeuge für mentale Stärke. Herzlichen Dank für dieses super Geschenk.

By Karina K

Aug 6, 2020

I absolutely love the direct, no pretense way this course deals with deep issues.

I also appreciate different approaches and strategies demonstrated in the course.

I absolutely recommend to take it ASAP. Karen and PENN thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this learning!

By Masooma N

Jan 21, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. Karen's style is very easy to follow and she presents relatable examples from life. The content is very relevant to my real-life struggles and I found it very helpful in understanding what goes on with us when we're going through a tough time.

By Zaid T

Sep 20, 2020

One of the best courses I have ever taken. I have learned so much. I feel more confident, more optimistic, and more resilient because of this course. I am grateful to you, Karen, Coursera, and to everyone who worked so hard in developing this course.

Thank you very much....

By Jose E R d S

Jan 5, 2021

I really love the dynamic and interactive format of the course. Plenty of resources and specific questions that promoted and enriched reflection, and, most importantly, I felt challenged to think out of the box to be more engaged in making use of the new skills learned.

By Geetha R

Jun 27, 2020

This course was outstanding. I am currently doing my coaching certification, and this course /contents complemented my coaching so beautifully. The reflection questions, the exercise, role plays were all apt. Considering its a free course, the quality was super awesome

By Michelle L

Jun 21, 2020

Fantastic course!

Dr Karen Reivich is an excellent communicator. The course if broken into extremely logical modules and easy to understand and follow. She provides practical tools that one can use in every day life. I even was able to apply one tool already.

Well done!

By Labiba

Jan 25, 2021

This course about Resilience has taught me so many new things that I would overlook in the past. I am hoping I'll continue the practices that were discussed by Dr Karen. Thank you to all the people who made this course possible and Coursera for access to this course.

By Sandra C

Jun 26, 2020

I learned a lot of valuable skills to incorporate in my life. Very timely course to take during these challenging times. The presenters were very authentic and honest in sharing their stories. Their accounts made the course material more applicable to every day life.

By Susan H I

Feb 10, 2021

The information Dr. Reivich shared is so needed now. My toolkit for dealing with myself and others is only getting better and I appreciate the time it took to do this. I really liked how skits were used to highlight the ideas and make them more relevant. Thank you.

By Debra S W

Feb 23, 2021

Wonderful delivery of valuable content. Thought provoking to focus on a single thing that we can add to our daily lives that with practice, will make our lives happier day in and day out and enable us to respond to difficult situations in more constructive ways.

By Veronica M

Dec 14, 2020

Even though some of the topics, I do myself, it gave me a greater understanding why I do and also helped me look at my strengths and how to bring the best me. Reminding me to be mindful and present in the moment. Thank you for this course, it has made me aware.

By Margarita G C

Nov 18, 2020

maravilloso el curso !!! y Karen es muy entusiasta en dictar cada video. a pesar que no se el idioma pongo el sonido pues voz, entonación, energía me contagia de entusiasmo !! mil gracias Karen y Penn por dictar este curso en plena pandemia. miles de gracias !!

By Natalie C

Jul 25, 2020

I received much more than I had expected. Theory, certainly, but also practical ways to apply the material. In addition, I really enjoyed how others were brought in to lend their experience and expertise. Finally, I found the instructor engaging and well-spoken.

By Mireya V

Sep 17, 2020

Excelente curso. La Dra. Karen Reivich expone muy bien el contenido. Transmite conocimiento y autenticidad en lo que propone. Ha valido la pena y estoy feliz de haberme dado esta oportunidad que me reta a ser cada día más resiliente. Muchas gracias por tanto.

By Beant S

Feb 18, 2021

This was the best course I have taken so far. I have learned so much and have improved my life a great deal only in 4 weeks. I am going to explore thinking Traps, positive emotion and optimism further to improve my life and the lives of the people around me.

By s s

Jan 26, 2021

Awesome faculty, gained several actionable insights on the art and science of resilience . Felt energized, empowered as this course made a big impact on my life both personally and professionally. BIG thanks to the faculty . Respectful regards, Dr.S.Sabesan

By Joy J

Indeed very helpful. We oftentimes get caught with busy days at work and with our personal and this course is such a great tool for self realisation and development. Practical activities were interesting, it’ll get you involved. Overall, it was all worth it.

By ESTHIR

Jan 26, 2021

a series of lessons that I will remember because it helped me to understand my own psychosynthesis and to try to do some things better to change some or to stop doing some. Thank you for presenting the presentations it was realistic and easily applicable.

By Jenny R

Feb 20, 2021

Thank you! I learned a lot about myself - some of it I suspected and some of it I would have never guessed. When I signed up (for a school assignment) I was expecting to be bored and unengaged but I wasn't. You kept it interesting.

Again, thank you!!

By Dean U

Dec 5, 2020

I found this course to be particularly insightful, especially now in the time of the pandemic where resilience is needed more than ever. I greatly appreciated the content and the delivery and will do my best to put the skills to practice. Thank you!

By Joyce N

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you for making this available worldwide. The corse was structured so well with clear takeaways and engaging videos on each topic. You had my full focused and I loved learning from you Karen & team. Congrats on your first MOOC and all the best!