Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

JK
Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course on resilience skills in a time of uncertainty. It has helped me learnt many skills useful to face real life challanges. Thank you Coursera and team for developing such a nice course

LH

Great class. Very positive and uplifting. Certainly helped me to calm my anxiety and stress about what is going on in the world. Easy to understand and pleasant. A class I would recommend to others.

176 - 200 of 750 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Rosalle R D

Prior to taking this course, I thought that this will provide me ways to effectively help others.... but at the end of the course, I learned a lot about MYSELF... which is the KEY to be a better and more effective helper. Thanks a lot!

By Laurice T

Apr 19, 2020

This was a fantastic course. Dr. Karen Reivich did an exceptional joy in presenting this course and I really valued the vulnerability she brought to the course. I am grateful and will most likely use what I've learned on a daily basis.

By Kiki G

Aug 21, 2020

Engaging, informative, practical and delivered way beyond my expectations! Wish I had a real time conversation group - although I've sent the link to at least 5 friends so perhaps we can have our own post course discussion. Many thanks!

By Raquel F

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent insight into Resilience and learning/teaching resilience skills. I will continue exploring the topic with my own students and hopefully pursue a deeper understanding and research with Penn in the near future!

Fantastic Course!

By Julia K

Feb 24, 2021

Karen was an excellent instructor! I would definitely take another course with her. Through all the fascinating materials she presented, I learned a great deal about myself, especially my behaviors toward others I need to work on.

By Dorothy O D

Feb 8, 2021

This is my first time taking a MOOC and I must say, I am very happy I have completed the course. It is indeed an eye opener on how to stay resilient in personal and professional life. A big thank you to the facilitators of this MOOC.

By Anna W

I thought this course was brilliant. Really interesting (intellectually and practically), well structured and well presented by Karen. It's left me really keen to take the full 'Foundations in Positive Psychology' course. Thank you.

By silvana c

Oct 23, 2020

All my gratitude to Karen and her colleagues for the amazing way to teach about Resilience skills. I`ve been working with some mentees in technology company and sharing good practices that I learnt on this course. Thank you so much!

By Mark F

Aug 19, 2020

An excellent course taught by a personable leader in the field with support from her talented academic team. I highly recommend this MOOC both as a leadership primer as well as one to improve family/home interpersonal relationships.

By Beatrice D

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, professor Karen made learning about resilience informative and wanting to apply the lessons.

Her personal, and her chosen co-workers stories were a big plus!

With great appreciation and thanks, Béatrice

By Maria P

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent, comprehensive, easy to follow online course. I now have a good understanding of positive psychology, have learned about my own personality and how to turn my thoughts into positive thoughts to achieve positive outcomes.

By Sandra Z

Jun 26, 2020

This course has helped to put words on thoughts, behaviors, and skills that I have, use and teach. Thanks to Dr. Reivich, I am now better able to explain resilience to students in my line of work, and also to my friends and family.

By Christopher B

Sep 17, 2020

Awesome course! I wish I was able to acess the books for more readings. Very helpful, going to continue to build on the skills i learned here, it only will contribute to me and my success if I continue to practice to and perfect.

By soft s

Feb 11, 2021

This is the first online course that I actually completed! It was very well structured and delivered, with an interesting mix of delivery techniques. The insights I received are amazing and I wish to continue to explore further.

By Becca C

Feb 9, 2021

This was a great MOOC. In this class it touched on a lot of aspects of resiliency, from multiple outside folks, that could be applied personally and professionally. I also really liked listening to the teacher. She was engaging!

By David S

Jul 22, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and the practicality of the topics that were covered, There are many aspects that I will apply for my personal and professional life with confidence and understanding. Many thanks Karen and team.

By Ivette G

Sep 14, 2020

Es un curso muy completo y muy bueno para este tiempo de COVID-19. Es excelente todo como dan la clase , es excelente aprendi mucho , Muchas gracias por esta oportunidad . Thank You so much MS Karen i really enjoy this course.

By Elaine O

Sep 4, 2020

Excellent presentation of ideas and tools to practice and use as part of a resiliency tool kit. I'm especially excited about the gratitude studies mentioned and some of the new ideas I can try out personally and professionally.

By Katherine G

Jan 2, 2021

This course was very engaging and provided me with a variety of ways to manage stress and increase happiness. Thank you to the instructor and all others who developed and presented this material. I highly recommend this class.

By John K

Oct 6, 2020

Karen was brilliant. Really, really enjoyed the course and gained so much from it. Could not find anything at all I did not like. Please pass on to Karen, that this course is first class. Thank you so much from Australia.

By Bruce K

Nov 28, 2020

Most enjoyable as an effective, practical application to improve one's mental attitude towards most all things in general life and also serves as a good look in the mirror as to how you exist and treat others in daily life.

By ROVELITA N B

Sep 11, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. It’s more practical, engaging and it gives an avenue for reflection and self-evaluation. It also gives the proper way or approach in dealing with different situation we encounter everyday.

By Russ G

A very insightful course with practical application. The lecturer explains the material clearly and explains technical terms. This is a course people can apply to their own lives. Thanks Coursera and thanks lecturer Karen.

By Karen D S

May 3, 2020

The resilience internal dimension was informative and can practical in many ways. I am particularly interested with the gratitude and it can re-create the overall picture of a persons' view about life and sense of purpose.

By Ashley W

Mar 16, 2021

Amazing course! So many great suggestions that have helped me find happiness each day, even when things may not be going as I had planned. I would absolutely recommend taking it. I found it very enjoyable and informative.