Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

FF

The topics are like tools very handy. It provides both skills that can be very helpful both on negative and positive emotions. The discussions and examples were clearly explain.Good Job.Keep it up!!

226 - 250 of 756 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By MARIA C C G

Jul 23, 2020

I enjoyed every module, Karen is a great speaker. Thank you so much.

Living in this historic time, the tools and knowledge of ths Mooc are valuable because using them I am living in fullness and hope.

By Adrianto R

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for this online course. After learn this subject, I understand more about building resilience, the importance of resilience, and how to build a strong relationship with others. I love it.

By erika s

Aug 21, 2020

This course was amazing and I loved the way Karen taught the class. I feel like I have gained so many tools to bring into my professional career as a teacher but also in my personal relationships.

Jun 1, 2020

Interesante curso en tiempo de Cuarentena, aprenderás a manejar diferentes situaciones desde tu punto de vista, experiencias, miedos, etc frente a otras personas, situaciones, trabajo o relaciones.

By Jacinda C

May 15, 2020

This is a thought provoking course. I believe by implementing the skills and thinking taught in this course I will be a better version of myself, and will be more pleasant for others to be around.

By Darcy G

Nov 16, 2020

Useful in all aspects of life...professional, personal. Easy to understand and apply the concepts with useful opportunities to learn more about my own strengths and opportunities for development.

By Cora S

I'm so very grateful for this course. It not only helped me to deepen my interest in the subject, but also gave me real-life skills. Well explained and structured, and helpful examples. Thank you.

By Bianca Y

May 23, 2020

I really enjoyed the course very much. It was very helpful at this time of uncertainty. The course helped me, make a nonjudgmental introspection of my thinking traps, and how I can improve them.

By Robyn R

Nov 5, 2020

Helpful information, presented in a clear way even with reenactments! I will apply the strategies I learned in this class to my own professional and personal life and highly recommend the class.

By Amanda W

Apr 20, 2020

There are so many interesting stories, activities, and ideas to learn from in this course. The information may seem somewhat common at times, but the deep dive really takes you to another level.

By Edgar C

Oct 18, 2020

Excellent material with strong theoretical foundation and practical guides to put it in place on a regular daily basis. Karen is incredibly clear and seems enthusiastic about the material too.

By Stacey B

Nov 22, 2020

I've now taken four courses during covid. This class was excellent. My only regret is it is over! One suggestion:

I wish the suggested reading was given in PDF , rather than a link to Amazon.

By Emma P

Oct 17, 2020

Incredibly well structured with clear, engaging content. I was riveted by all that I was learning each week. The role plays really helped bring the techniques to life in a real world setting.

By Rebecca C

Sep 28, 2020

Wonderful lessons and food for thought around behavior and ideas to improve our resilience. I loved the instructor and the self paced course. Recommended to a friend who took it and loved it.

By Michelle T

Apr 28, 2020

The MOOC was awesome and suited my Learning style of listening and being able to see the notes too. Karen is easy to listen to. A wonderful opportunity - Kia ora (Thank you) from New Zealand.

By Jayne S

Jun 11, 2020

Well presented with excellent examples and backed up with research

Very practical but challenging me to think about how I appear in the world and what I may do to have a more positive impact

By Wongiwe L

Jun 2, 2020

Taking this course has helped me think differently about resilience and the link with positive thinking. I will use the concepts learnt here in my everyday life, both at home and at work.

By Douglas N

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent range and depth, especially for a free course. I have a bag of tools to take with me and to work on becoming more proficient with. Thank you Dr. Reivich and team and Coursera.

By Danielle B

Aug 14, 2020

I loved this course! I found Karen engaging and every part of the course was something that I could relate to my personal or work life. I highly encourage everyone to take this course!

By Richard B

Jul 6, 2020

Outstanding. Made me think about things I never took time to think about. I am now more aware of the ways I sabotage myself and also learned some tools on how to avoid those pitfalls.

By Артем Ш

Jun 11, 2020

Спасибо за такой отличный курс. Много полезной информации как справляться с жизненными трудностями и быть более удовлетворенным от жизни. Курс хорошо структурирован и отличное изложение

By Gail R

Dec 8, 2020

This was an outstanding course with an outstanding instructor. Examples io concepts were given that I could relate to which helped me learn. Great class to encourage personal growth.

By Michelle M

Jan 13, 2021

I really enjoy the session; it is a very good review of the course I took in 2012 and have been teaching ever since. It was laid out well, with good examples, and manageable pieces.

By Jeanette P

Dec 6, 2020

Great course I learned so many valuable lessons here. I am very greatful to be able to take this course for free. I will definitely use the lessons in my everyday life and in my job