Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

FF

The topics are like tools very handy. It provides both skills that can be very helpful both on negative and positive emotions. The discussions and examples were clearly explain.Good Job.Keep it up!!

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

51 - 75 of 769 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Myrna C C O

Jun 28, 2020

Estoy muy contenta de haber tomado este curso me ha sido muy útil durante este mes, completamente practico y será una herramienta que mejorara mi calidad de vida y todas mis relaciones interpersonales. muchísimas gracias.

I am very happy of have taken this course, it has been very useful to me during this month, completely practical and it will be a tool that will improve my quality of life and all my interpersonal relationships. many thanks.

By Gloria A G

Mar 15, 2021

Muchs gracias a todo el Equipo de Cousera y a la Universidade de Pwnsilvania, la Distinguid asesora. A todo el grupo de Resileindia por su aportes desde el Foro.

Realmente es un Curso fundmental para la vida en todos los tiempor y niveles de educación. Permite generar y gestionar habilidades positivas para el SER, en busca de lograr la felicidad y el equilibrio con el universo.

Agradezco infinitamente esta oportunidad.

Con cariño desde México.

By Juan M H V

Oct 2, 2020

Fast, no-nonsense approach to the basic concepts related to resilience, including techniques to improve your own resilience. A balanced amount of videos, readings and learning activities such as discussions and quizzes. The professor and guests are very knowledgeable and make the subject engaging with lectures that do not exceed the 20 minute mark at the longest. I enjoyed it quite a bit and was able to complete it very quickly. Great job!

By Gail H

Oct 31, 2020

I found this short course extremely helpful. The information on thinking traps was very worthwhile, and it provided insights as to why I can become so anxious, in various settings and situations. I also found the Character Strengths survey and results of great help, as it made me spend quite some time reflecting upon my approach to problems, my important relationships, and my life in general. I thoroughly recommend this course.

By Joanne P A D M

I am extremely grateful that I came across this course. It helped me elevate my hope, heightened my positivity and it made me productive. It really fascinates me how this psychology course brings me back to my college days. The title itself is very relevant to what's happening now and I hope that more people will get into this course. It's really worth the time. Thank you, Karen and team! Thank you, Coursera! God bless you always!

By Asad M

Dec 6, 2020

In this time of Uncertainty, where COVID19 is on its peak, some or most of the people lost their families/friends/relatives and jobs. These all things greatly matters and affects mental and physical health. The course "Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty" really helped me a lot to cope with the mental stress and to find a right direction and I am sure many learners just like me would have benefitted a lot from this course.

By Nataliia A

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you Professor Karen Reivich and Positive Psychology program. I really enjoyed this course. I learned many useful things and tools, such as building positive emotions, manage anxiety, thinking traps, real-time resilience, and character/signature strengths. My favorite topic in this course is real-time resilience with three options to resilient: evidence, reframe, and plan "if X happens I will why.." Many thanks! Nataliia.

By Teresa c

Sep 2, 2020

I learned more about myself and how my conversations with people are sometimes misjudged. Dr. Reivich really explained herself throughly and I related to her in more ways. She teaches this course with a kindness and grace that makes you want to pursue more online courses on positive psychology. We need it more than ever during this pandemic. If we all had this positive approach, we would get along more with each other!

By Fernanda P

Jun 10, 2020

Gostei muito de fazer esse curso. O curso é muito bem planejado e o conteúdo é excelente. Nesse momento de pandemia foi muito importante para mim, mas na verdade sempre essas habilidades são essencias. Costumo ser uma pessoa pessimista, entender o otimismo e ler mais sobre as forças de caráter está me ajudando. Fiquei bem mais interessada na psicologia positiva que antes e vou seguir com a leitura dos livros base do curso.

By Krisstyn L

Mar 4, 2021

I enjoyed this course a lot and wish it had been longer. I wasn't ready for the learning to end. I learned a lot about myself that will help me improve on my strengths and also improve on areas where I could use growth. This topic has interested me for a while and I am grateful to have had a chance to take this course. This course has made me want to learn more and apply what I've already learned even further. Thank you!!

By Justin A

Apr 29, 2020

Very informative, and a fantastic Professor.

I sustained a pretty serious brain injury in an accident not long ago. My headspace before and after this course is like night and day. Not only do you learn about how and why things affect your brain, but you're constantly given tools to implement and practice the lessons you're being taught! If you're on the fence and reading this review, let me help you, TAKE THIS COURSE.

By Sushmitha S

Jun 5, 2020

During this corona pandemic, uncertainty has gripped us and has affected our mental health. This course has innovative techniques to overcome mind traps, be more productive and be better in communication skills. The role plays and the real life examples shown make the resilience skills more applicable in our day to day lives. Transformational approach of this course ensures personal development on various parameters.

By Karen D

May 12, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed not just the style of learning, learn at your own pace, but also the eye opening concepts that were discussed in the literature. Karen and her team presented both personal and professional implications, scenarios and suggestions that as a participant I was easily able to understand and relate to. Thank you for providing this course free of charge at a world wide time of uncertainty.

By Kim C

Feb 13, 2021

This course was amazing! Karen Reivich is a really good presenter. There was a lot of information to absorb, but she presented it in a very concise and organized fashion. And she made it fun. Learned a lot in this course. Walking away from it with exceptionally useful tools for life. Recommend it highly.

One thing though... Week 3 was a little much. It could have easily been a 2 week module.

By Leanne

Thank you this has been an informative and enjoyable course. It is really easy to navigate. Love how it meets all learning styles with visual videos, audio reading and written tasks. Is there any possibility I can get a certificate???? Proud to say I have done an online Resilience course with Penn Coursera. The learning I have gained from this I will be able to adapt in my professional practice.

By Virginia G

Jun 15, 2020

Este es un gran curso: muy didáctico y lleno de ejemplos que lo hacen sencillo de entender. La profesora hace una excelente labor al enseñar conceptos abstractos de una manera sencilla y accesible a cualquiera , aunque no seas un experto en psicología o humanidades, este curso es fantástico para cualquiera que desee profundizar en el autoconocimiento, mejora personal o coaching. Muy recomendable.

By Daniela A C L

Apr 28, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. It was very easy to understand everything because she teaches you the concepts and you have the opportunity to watch some role plays. I really enjoy it and like this course. You should try it because this course you will have some tools to manage better your life and make strong your relationships. I'm thankful for taking this course and thankful to the teacher.

By Usha T

Jan 12, 2021

I enjoyed this course on Resilience immensely. Karen Reivich sustained my attention as she unpacked Resilience and revealed that Resilience was doable! Based solidly in a body of peer reviewed research, Resilience was no longer a mysterious attribute that people have or don't, the concept became accessible to study and practice. I bought her book and am enjoying going through it systematically.

By Martin B

Nov 7, 2020

I very much enjoyed this very engaging course, which has taught me a variety of skills, e.g. how to better navigate relationships, how to positively manage personal and professional challenges, how to better recognise my personality and character strengths and how to apply them positively. Thank you for sharing your expertise and your personal stories! I have found this course truly inspiring.

By Dale E

Apr 16, 2021

Excellent primer on resilience. Karen Reivich talks about the ways we can become more resilient in our lives. She talks about the things in our lives that can trap and limit us as well as the things that help us become better and more resilient. I know that as I practice and use these principles, I will become a better overall person and be better able to help others, which is my BIG goal.

By Jose L P

Aug 31, 2020

A very concise, to-the-point course. I think it provides a pretty solid guide on the primary factors that affect resilience, in addition to practical tool kits and worksheets to reflect on your work. The MOOC's storytelling enables us to get a sense of how others experience resilience first hand and gives a hint on various topics to dive in for anyone who's interested in going the extra mile.

By Laurie W

Mar 21, 2021

Great presentation of information, along with the role playing videos to see it in action and sections to be able to 'apply' the information to my own real life situations made this class very pertinent to me; especially during these times of 'trying to find the new normal' both in the work place and home. Thank you for opening this up to 'non college' students. Greatly appreciated

By Monica B

May 22, 2020

Thank you for providing this course to so many during uncertain times! I had read Dr. Reivich's book, The Resilience Factor, shortly after I started researching the field of Positive Psychology a few years ago. It has become a passion and a hobby. I was extremely happy when I learned that this course was available! I thoroughly enjoyed it and have begun applying skills taught!

By Elliott O

Excellent course - very well presented and easy to fit with work and other study. It gave me a framework to understand why some situations have gone well for me in the past, and others have caused anxious thoughts or become stumbling blocks. I've already recommended this to friends, family and work colleagues. If you're open to the concepts it could be truly transformational!

By Isabella C

This course was fantastic. Really helpful, simple and it gave me some useful tools I can use in my profession and in my personal life. I am not a native English speaker but I have not had any problem in understanding the course as the teacher was excellent. She used a very clear language and she expressed all the concepts in a simple way. I am really grateful. Thank you!!