Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

JK
Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course on resilience skills in a time of uncertainty. It has helped me learnt many skills useful to face real life challanges. Thank you Coursera and team for developing such a nice course

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

76 - 100 of 622 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Lisa R

Nov 7, 2020

This was a great course at the time on isolation because of covid. I learned new resilience skills which increased my overall happiness. I have become more mindful of the good in everyday life which has made the isolation more manageable. Dr. Karen Reivich was an excellent instructor. I really enjoyed her teaching style and suggest her class.

By Anders K

Nov 5, 2020

While some of the course content already was known to me, I have been pleasantly surprised about how well "packaged" the content was. The practical application which was stressed throughout was also very helpful, offering concrete and tangible ways to improve one's resilience. In short, a really great course which I wholeheartedly recommend!

By Prabhu S S

Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course provided great examples and explanations on resilience skills, positive emotions like gratitude, emotions, optimism. Examples helped in underpinning the learnings. These learnings will definitely help in improving myself at work and at home.

Thank you, Dr.Karen, for such a wonderful course.

By Deanna J

Nov 15, 2020

I’ve learned that I want to be a joy multiplier in my relationships with family and friends. To do that each morning I will write down on my To Do List “Be a Joy Multiplier” and at the end of the day evaluate my conversations to determine if indeed I have used this “tool”. The goal is to be more engaged and present in my interactions.

By Gregory D O

May 4, 2020

I took this course about 7 years ago while becoming a Master Resiliency Trainer for the Military. In this time of uncertainty it has truly being a blessing to revisit some of the things that I learned back then and to only enhance what I just learned for my current position. I loved the format and the way that everything just flowed

By Mari C G

Apr 24, 2020

I love it, Dr.Karen makes it very entertained. I reflected a lot in my ways, my strenghts, my patterns and there is a lot to work on. I certainly will make a tool kit to use in my private practice with teenagers, although I would like to work it with children in play therapy. Thanks for the opportunity. Greetings from Mexico City.

By Teresa V

Perfect course for the perfect time. I was able to slow down, think, and practice new skills. I have identified two areas I will focus on, the first being Gratitude. The second , playing with my dominant conversation style as conversation killer and move toward the direction of being a joy multiplier. Thank you and I can't wait!

By Andrés K H

What a great MOOC! It provides with several tools that can give each attendant the chance to improve their resilience. But most important, the clear, caring, and exciting way of teaching of Professor Reivich, takes knowledge to the next level, showing you how to put those concepts into practice, with simple, and useful actions.

By Margarita R R T

Excepcional, me ha encantado este curso, creo que todo el mundo debería de hacerlo, te hace profundizar en tus puntos fuertes y débiles, y te da muchas pautas de como fortalecer y practicar la Resiliencia, la instructora Karen Reivich, excepcional, muy cercana y con un progama muy completo y muy sencillo para cualquier oyente.

By Vũ N

Jan 6, 2021

Ms Karen and her team are so awesome, she walks with me through every lesson and gives me the specific guide to understand what is resilience skill, and how to build it in each day. Thank you so much, Ms Karen and her partner. I do really enjoy the course and take some skills for myself to face real challenges and obstacles.

By Mira k

Jun 15, 2020

Karen was an incredible lecturer. Her confidence in her knowledge of the material and her willingness to share her stories and be vulnerable was a particularly powerful combination! I’m so glad I took this course.

The content is so applicable and I already understand how it’s application changes mindset first hand.

Thank you!

By Jackelinne M d A A

Dec 28, 2020

The best course on resilience.

Gratidão é a palavra que define o meu sentimento nesse momento.

Parabéns à equipe responsável e, em especial, à professora Dra, Karen Reivich pela disponibilidade e condução do curso. O sentimento, nesse momento, é de saudade: grande foi o aprendizado.

Minha gratidão, sempre.

Jackelinne Aragão

By Jennifer A

Sep 28, 2020

Professor Reivich was such a joy to learn and listen to. I bought her book-"The Resilience Factor" and am beginning to dive into that now. I hope she will be able to teach another MOOC on Coursera dealing with a similar topic. I also bought my own gratitude journal and am going to focus on that as well. She was excellent!

By Francis M

Jan 3, 2021

Excelente curso e instructora. Aprender cuales son las trampas mentales que nos impiden crecer como personas y conseguir aplicar herramientas para adquirir resiliencia y estar presentes en cuerpo y mente, sin juicios ni expectativas descalificadoras es una habilidad que todos debemos aprender a manejar efectivamente.

By Kristina K

Nov 26, 2020

It was a great sneak peek in positive psychology and some of its dimensions. Lots of practical examples and approached are offered that can be applied to your personal and professional life alike. The course gave me lots of for thought and definitely encouraged me to learn more about resilience and positive psychology.

By Amy A

Sep 19, 2020

Dr Reivich does a great job presenting in this format. She keeps the time frames short so you can easily digest the information as well as fit this course into a busy schedule. The resiliency techniques (and the science behind them) are so helpful during these stressful times. I’d recommend this course to everyone!

By Pennee K

Nov 18, 2020

It is a very good MOOC. The professor turned us to be active learners ( in my view). The conclusion at the end of each Module and the review of the past experiences from the previous episode at the beginning of very episode are relay good approach. She said that this is her first MOOC, but it is a very good one.

By Fi

Nov 10, 2020

This was a fantastic course which has given lots of practical advice for living a more fulfilling and resilient life. I am so grateful that I was able to do this during the pandemic and will work to apply it to my daily life. Thank you to everyone who has been involved in producing it and making it free to access.

By Paige K A

Jun 2, 2020

Such great information. I loved learning about all the different concepts and they were covered to a perfect level for this course. Very appropriate. I found Karen and the other speakers to be extremely engaging. The discussion prompts are also great to contribute and encourage reflection on what you have learnt.

By Mariana C

This course is resourceful, amazingly explain and easy to understand! Im really happy i did this course.

I can say that a found things about myself that didn't know or things that i new i had but didn't know could be useful for resilience. Congrats to the specialists and please keep working for the wellbeing

By Silvina B M

Ph.D. Karen Reivich has such a talent to explain, it was very easy to follow and to pay attention, being concentrated in all videos. Thank you and all collaborators in this course. And thank you for the clear spoken English, for me not being native speaker was so nice to catch all words. Thank you! Silvina

By JORGE C

It was not a simple course, but a whole enrichment experience. I liked it very much. The content was very good and I have learned how to improve my resilience as well as how to build and strengthen relationships. It will help me a lot in my work as executive coach. Thanks to Dr. Karen Reivich and you all.

By Michael D

May 15, 2020

Thank you for this course. I will use most of the skills to add neat to the bones of a project that i'am doing for myself. The way the whole course was laid out especially the videos from DR. Karen made the whole expieriance not just informative but enjoyable. I will be doing more so thank you again. Mike.

By Maria G

Great course - particularly during this difficult time. I am a manager of over 20 advisors at a public institution. As I work with my team of advisors and students - the information I have learned I have been implementing so I can provide a sense of calm/guidance while we go through uncertain times.

By Laura L

Aug 30, 2020

Highly recommended to anyone interested in learning more about resilience. The course is extremely interesting, clearly presented and the information shared is very useful in building one's own resilience toolkit. Dr. Reivich is a great lecturer and I look forward to enrolling on more of her courses.