Back to Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty by University of Pennsylvania

We are all facing different and difficult challenges as we confront the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to support you in this time of uncertainty, the University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free and unique version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” course from the Specialization Foundations of Positive Psychology. Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives....

CD
May 8, 2020

Loved this course, the thought processes, recognition of your thoughts, how they sabotage you, and how to recognize and control to retrain your thought process. Great thorough instructor - Thank you

FF

The topics are like tools very handy. It provides both skills that can be very helpful both on negative and positive emotions. The discussions and examples were clearly explain.Good Job.Keep it up!!

151 - 175 of 756 Reviews for Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty

By Margarita G C

Nov 18, 2020

maravilloso el curso !!! y Karen es muy entusiasta en dictar cada video. a pesar que no se el idioma pongo el sonido pues voz, entonación, energía me contagia de entusiasmo !! mil gracias Karen y Penn por dictar este curso en plena pandemia. miles de gracias !!

By Natalie C

Jul 25, 2020

I received much more than I had expected. Theory, certainly, but also practical ways to apply the material. In addition, I really enjoyed how others were brought in to lend their experience and expertise. Finally, I found the instructor engaging and well-spoken.

By Mireya V

Sep 17, 2020

Excelente curso. La Dra. Karen Reivich expone muy bien el contenido. Transmite conocimiento y autenticidad en lo que propone. Ha valido la pena y estoy feliz de haberme dado esta oportunidad que me reta a ser cada día más resiliente. Muchas gracias por tanto.

By Beant S

Feb 18, 2021

This was the best course I have taken so far. I have learned so much and have improved my life a great deal only in 4 weeks. I am going to explore thinking Traps, positive emotion and optimism further to improve my life and the lives of the people around me.

By s s

Jan 26, 2021

Awesome faculty, gained several actionable insights on the art and science of resilience . Felt energized, empowered as this course made a big impact on my life both personally and professionally. BIG thanks to the faculty . Respectful regards, Dr.S.Sabesan

By Joy J

Indeed very helpful. We oftentimes get caught with busy days at work and with our personal and this course is such a great tool for self realisation and development. Practical activities were interesting, it’ll get you involved. Overall, it was all worth it.

By ESTHIR

Jan 26, 2021

a series of lessons that I will remember because it helped me to understand my own psychosynthesis and to try to do some things better to change some or to stop doing some. Thank you for presenting the presentations it was realistic and easily applicable.

By Jenny R

Feb 20, 2021

Thank you! I learned a lot about myself - some of it I suspected and some of it I would have never guessed. When I signed up (for a school assignment) I was expecting to be bored and unengaged but I wasn't. You kept it interesting.

Again, thank you!!

By Zane K

Mar 26, 2021

This course was very inspirational and I am so grateful to have come across it on Coursera. Very interesting, useful and applicable information! Thank you very much. I will recommend it to family and friends who need a dose of optimism in their life.

By Dean U

Dec 5, 2020

I found this course to be particularly insightful, especially now in the time of the pandemic where resilience is needed more than ever. I greatly appreciated the content and the delivery and will do my best to put the skills to practice. Thank you!

By Joyce N

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you for making this available worldwide. The corse was structured so well with clear takeaways and engaging videos on each topic. You had my full focused and I loved learning from you Karen & team. Congrats on your first MOOC and all the best!

By Tom B

Feb 8, 2021

Outstanding course!! This was the right course, at the right time in my life. It gave me tools to deal with anxiety and uncertainty during this difficult time in our country, and during a challenging time in my life. This course changed my life!

By Claus V

Sep 11, 2020

Great Course. Very hands-on. There are several topics that will aid you in improving your relationships and ways of dealing with day to-day situations. I really got somo good insights from the excercises that will improve my work and personal life.

By Surveen S

Mar 5, 2021

This course was amazing. Not only did I learn a little about myself, but I learned alot about how my interactions affect others and how to better identify with others and engage with true interest so that relationships are stronger. Thank you!!

By DORA L S S

Dec 3, 2020

Me pareció muy ilustrador sobre os tipos de pensamiento que pueden inhibir la resiliencia y la actividad de las personas para llevar a cabo su vida y sus proyectos de la mejor manera, tambien ofrece alternativas de solucion y eso es muy positivo,

By Patricia S

Mar 13, 2021

Karen was an excellent instructor. She make learning new skills easy although a challenge. I really liked her own personal examples. They helped me to identify the issues related to me and how I can improve both my thinking and my relationships.

By Yomna E

Jan 27, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! Not only did i have the greatest time seeing the lectures and great simulations, but also i think that there will be a great change in my life after the stuff i learnt! Thank you so much for opening this door to me!

By Karen W

Nov 10, 2020

This is an excellent course that I highly recommend! Teaching style and material is very engaging and informative. Lots of gems to work with even for someone with advanced degrees in psychology and human development. Best Coursera course so far!

By Fiona M

Feb 5, 2021

I loved this course! It helped me to be more self aware - to notice my habitual styles of thinking and responding and taught me some tools to become more positive. The course was very well delivered, interesting and easy to follow. Thank you!

By Ana L

Nov 9, 2020

I loved this course. The topics, tests, and Karen´s explanations. She is a great speaker and the course is fulfilling, interesting, dynamic, and a great way to learn the importance of using our own character and emotions to live happier lives.

By Lynn M

Oct 10, 2020

Excellent course!! Dr. Reivich is an engaging, clear, thorough presenter with useful, usable information. I enjoyed this learning experience and am optimistic that I will be able to translate skills to improving my relationships and my life!

By Isabel A

I really enjoyed this course. It was fun and entertaining to watch. The concepts where presented easily, and so you could understand them while learning new ways to apply them to your life. It was really helpfull proffesionally and personally.

By Olalla A R

Apr 11, 2021

It was a really useful course. I have learned a lot competencies to be more aware about my reality. At the end we create our own reality and it is our responsability if we contribute to a negative or a positive one. I recommend this course!

By Myca

Jun 14, 2020

This is one of the best short courses to take on Coursera don't get me wrong. It is easy to follow and very relaxing, and in a lot of way focuses on how you can improve yourself and also your relationships. Resilience is a ripple effect :)

By Rejoice E

Aug 22, 2020

Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty is a very good course which I enjoyed so much.

I have add resilience skills to my everyday living habits.

Thanks to Karen Reivich, Ph.D. the School and Coursera for this wonderful life teachings.