Back to Responsive Web Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Web Design by University of London

In this course you will learn how to apply concepts from interaction design and human computer interaction in order to design and build an interactive, professional looking website. You will learn how to make your web page designs adapt to different screen sizes using responsive grid layouts. You will learn how to add navigation and other design elements, and you will learn how to separate data and display using JavaScript objects and templates. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Explain why users need to know where they are, where they can go and what is on a web page 2. Create wireframe mockups of web pages 3. Identify the key functional elements of web pages 4. Use Bootstrap components to realise page designs 5. Use JavaScript data structures such as arrays and objects to define the data used in a web page 6. Use the Handlebars template library to convert data to HTML 7. Add interactivity to templates using JavaScript event listeners In this course, you will complete: 1 website design assignment taking ~1 hour to complete 1 programming assignment taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

LK
Nov 20, 2015

I've learned a lot of things in this course and I strongly recommend you to enroll this wonderful course immediately. In this course, you can learn bootstrap, Handlebars, Javascript and jQuery.

FV
Jan 20, 2016

I gave four stars for the previews course of the specialization but I have to tell that week 2 and 3 of this course are outstanding. Teachers are really putting students in the right direction.

51 - 75 of 376 Reviews for Responsive Web Design

By Lukman E A

Mar 26, 2019

Really help me to improve my skill about responsive website. Material in this course is well-prepared and easy to follow step by step.

By Christine D

Jun 16, 2018

Well written course but course materials and videos could do with being updated to use the latest versions of resources like Bootstrap

By Karthikeyan R

Nov 27, 2015

Awesome course and was a very good starter for RWD and Bootstrap ( also templating using Handlebars) :) fantastic Univ. Of London...

By Adamya

Jan 8, 2016

A very detailed course taught by instructors who make it seem so easy. Loads of information even for the experienced professionals.

By Billy S

Dec 21, 2015

Very well paced course. Assignments are related to course material and are very good are cementing course topics. Very good course.

By Imran H

Nov 15, 2015

Excellent Course Designing and professional teaching style.....After completing this course I fee more confidence and experience.

By Nazim T

Dec 17, 2015

Very informative course, which gave me opportunity to fell developer myself the most valuable information i got is templates!!!

By Vinay S S

Nov 21, 2017

This Course is very important for me as it taught me to how to work with different Templates and adding content to a website.

By Georgios M

Jun 6, 2016

I think this was a great introductory course, a short summary of various techniques one can use to make a responsive website.

By dickleung

Jul 21, 2020

You can study from this course learning how to use JavaScript and bootstrap design, this is what i want to learn. Thank you

By Davis N

Apr 6, 2020

Great course. I learned a great deal that I will now apply in my career. Thank you Coursera and the University of London!

By V.B.Srevarshan

Dec 12, 2017

A very well designed course that teaches separation of data from HTML via templates. Assignments could have been tougher.

By Ahmed R

Feb 5, 2017

It is really a great course , it did not only give me new skills , but it also changed the way I think about web design.

By Ingrid M

Apr 29, 2016

Great course! I love the instructors, they go at just the right pace and the content was rather fun. Highly recommended.

By Tetiana

Jan 19, 2016

Nice and challenging course(mostly starting from js part) Like it very much thk you for possibility to learn this topics

By Dusan Z

Mar 23, 2016

This is great, professors are awesome and quality of material is great. I loved it and I highly recommend this course!

By Alan B S

Dec 18, 2016

very good course i have learned a lot about how to make my web content better, and inproved my skills on web design

By Sneha

Jul 1, 2016

Although the whole UX-UI stuff doesn't interest me much, the professors definitely had me hooked to the lessons.

By NESTOR H S C

Jan 29, 2016

Really great course! I recomend it for people who really want to understand basics from web dev and javascript.

By saad e

Apr 14, 2018

the course covers topics I think it's difficult to find it gathered in another course.

in a word, Great course.

By Pooja S

Aug 10, 2020

The teachers are excellent.All the concepts are taught very well.They even solve your each and every doubt.

By Beniamin K

Jan 8, 2016

I learned a lot from this course - From the html up to the javascript and jquery with bootstrap. Good work.

By Abhishek C

Feb 28, 2016

Complete step by step solution to build a full featured website. loved it. Thanks to all the professors :)

By LIUZHENTAO

Aug 6, 2020

Practical and useful! I like these lecturers. One suggestion: the programming assignment could be harder.

By JOSE R V M

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent course. You will learn jQuery, Bootstrap and Handlebars to improve and create great web sites.