Back to Russian for beginners 1. Русский язык: A1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian for beginners 1. Русский язык: A1 by Saint Petersburg State University

4.4

Russian is considered to be one of the world's most difficult languages. This course is aimed at helping those who are interested in understanding the basics of Russian language. Every unit of the course consists of several parts explaining vocabulary, phonetics (pronunciation), grammar, and provides examples of simple dialogues in Russian. Upon completion of the course students will have learned: the structure of simple narrative and interrogative sentences; the formation of Russian names; the three genders of nouns; the difference between Russian adjectives and adverbs, and their uses; the use of verbs in the Present and Past tense as well as their conjugation. The course contains more than 100 new words and conversational phrases providing the learner with a basic vocabulary for everyday communication....

JC
Sep 17, 2020

Es un buen curso para ir conociendo las generalidades del ruso a un paso agradable, sin prisas pero con elementos firmes para el desarrollo de las capacidades de comunicacion en ruso.

CS
Aug 10, 2020

I loved this course, the pdfs are interactive and the quizzes and exercises are great. Not to mention that I enjoyed the lessons, they are outstanding.

1 - 25 of 69 Reviews for Russian for beginners 1. Русский язык: A1

By Nicolas C

Apr 8, 2020

The videos are mediocre and short. The narrator doesn't have a great command of English. They dive into jargon and complex ideas without really explaining them and then immediately test you on them. I am looking for another course.

By Andrew B

Jul 19, 2020

I enjoyed the course a lot. The short videos and the exercises were enough for me to monitor my learning. I'd recommend this course if you can read the Russian alphabet, and have a reasonable understanding of the case system of languages, or at least are willing to read up on basic grammar and syntax. Without that, I predict this course would be quite challenging.

By Stephen

Aug 31, 2020

While there was some interesting information in this course, it put too much emphasis on grammar concepts and not quite enough on vocabulary. This is not the best approach for a beginner course; the intensive grammar lessons will not be useful to a new learner who does not have yet have the foundation to apply them practically. The videos would be a great opportunity to create engaging content for new learners. Instead of having someone read PowerPoint slides, I would suggest recording videos with real people in Russia having conversations for basic interactions (such as introducing oneself or ordering at a restaurant, for example). There could even be videos in Russian with subtitles where someone gives a tour of a classroom, using vocabulary from the lesson, or shows a famous cultural site in Russia. I see a lot of potential for this course to grow and improve. It just needs some restructuring.

By Scott R

Dec 17, 2020

After learning on DuoLingo for around a year, this course really helped me with my grammar. Only criticism is I wish when you got something wrong on an exam it would give you a brief explanation of why that answer is wrong. Overall though I'd definitely recommend this course for others, and intend on going through the rest of the Russian courses from Kosareva Elena.

By Alish S

Jan 30, 2021

I really liked this course and it really helped me to get an idea about the basic Russian cases and tenses. Although, videos were quite short in early weeks but it really helped!! Thanks for this course

By Jaime R C C

Sep 18, 2020

By Rolando A G Z

Aug 9, 2020

Good videos, explanations and basic grammar concepts. It is really useful in case you want to understand the most basic verbs and expressions of russian language

By Miranda K

Apr 13, 2020

Amazing! I learned so much from this course! Exercises and quizzes are very helpful. Highly recommend!

By Elsa I G

Apr 25, 2020

Very thorough explanation of basic Russian! Очень хорошо, спасибо большое!

By Tamer B

Apr 19, 2020

The course is good in terms of teaching Russian. But for the grammar, I think it would be better for learners if you give more exercises or more example sentences when teaching adverbs or cases. It would help us better understand the rules when we see some speech examples.

By Ben K

Apr 9, 2020

Very good beginner Russian course. It covered many key concepts in a clear and concise way. Would be better to have more exercises to practice more.

By Effrosyni A

Apr 9, 2020

Short videos and well organized exercises. You have a guide but l missed English translation in many pdfs and videos and a more thourough explanation of grammar. Too much material to learn and study in one week.

Evi A.

By Patricia

Jun 17, 2021

T​he course is well structured. The exercises are also great, and the instructor talks clearly. Only in the las part, I felt it rushed but overall is worth the time of anyone who is interested to study russian.

E​l curso está bien estructurado. Los ejercicios también son buenos y el instructor habla claramente. Únicamente en la última parte, sentí que corrieron demasiado. Pero en suma, pienso que vale el tiempo de cualquier persona que esté interesada en aprender ruso.

By noir t

Jun 14, 2021

Course is solid, way better than the ones you get in books or online videos. But the pace is honestly a bit too fast, had to spent lots of time doing research on my own. And the week four grammar section really needs some more explanations and more practices. But still it's one of the best courses in this field, highly recommended.

By Trang T

Aug 16, 2020

The course is really helpful for beginners. It's so interesting. The lessons are appropriately designed for me to easily understand.

The course includes both of videos and soft copies of grammar.

In addition, the variety of exercises helps me revise the the lessons before taking the tests.

By Deb

Jan 2, 2021

If I had not been studying Russian (casually) for a few years, I don't know that I would have passed this course. It challenged me, and I appreciated that! I did learn many things, and feel I have the basics down, thanks to the opportunity of this course.

By angel l

Feb 6, 2021

Me gustó mucho la presentación de los temas, y los ejemplos ilustrativos.

Aunque, sin conocimientos previos en lingüística, o sin experiencia en aprendizaje de idiomas creo que el curso sería difícil para alguien nuevo en el aprendizaje de idiomas.

By Hamurabi T

its a little difficult to learn this way there is a lot of words that I dont remember that I need the translation on hand, this would help a lot to have for this course to be a lot easier; at least for the learning part not for the actual test.

By Carlos A S S

Aug 10, 2020

By ­김윤중(원주학부/보건과학대학 의

Mar 28, 2020

it consist on short videos and well organized exercises. i strongly recommend those who want to learn Russian but give up because of hardness

By KARTIKA D K

Jun 8, 2021

I love the course and the materials, everything is prepared nicely and explained concisely. Great job and thanks!

By Aurora A P

Sep 16, 2020

I love russian language. I learned a lot with this course and I improved what I had learned many years ago.

By Madeleine A

May 1, 2021

It's an amazing course to learn easily and in a perfect way

Thanks for this amazing course

By Duanghathai N S

Apr 9, 2020

This course is very good for beginner. It is easily to understand and learning.

By John F G

Apr 5, 2021

Excellent Instruction at the perfect level of learning!! Thanks!