Back to Russian Alphabet

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian Alphabet by Saint Petersburg State University

Russian is considered to be one of the world's most difficult languages. This course is aimed at helping those who are interested in understanding the basics of the Russian language, and preparing learners to further their language acquisition. Upon completion of the course students will have learned: the structure of Russian alphabet; how to write and read in Russian; how to pronounce Russian words; and recognise particular sounds and words in speech. After completing the course learners can continue to explore the language on Russian for Beginners 1. The course contains extensive video and audio materials on the basics of Russian phonetics. More than 150 exercises are provided for the learners to apply the knowledge they will learn on the course....

AW
Apr 7, 2020

A good way to start if you have no idea how to. It prepares you you with the alphabet, vowels and basic annunciation skills, reading skills. overall it helped me. See you in the next course!

JC
Apr 19, 2020

Outstanding course for learning Russian alphabet! One will be able to write, read, and pronounce every vowels and consonants after finishing this course. Highly recommended.

51 - 75 of 95 Reviews for Russian Alphabet

By Ashley N P

Jul 6, 2020

Russian Alphabet course is a must for beginning Russian.

By Jason P

Dec 21, 2020

It was interesting and a great beginning to a journey!

By Valdemberg A N

Sep 21, 2020

Muito bom, ajuda bastante. Very good, it helps a lot.

By Josefina G

Jun 25, 2020

Great course, I learned correctly the alphabet!

By Katamadze N

Nov 3, 2020

Очень хорошо разработан курс! Советую всем!

By Júlia C A S C

Aug 9, 2020

Bastante didático e objetivo. Excelente!

By Natakamol K

Apr 28, 2020

I know about basic of Russian Alphabet.

By Tamby a

Nov 14, 2020

Thank you so much, the course was fun

By Ajit s

Sep 23, 2020

!

By fiona n

Sep 29, 2020

In a lot of ways this was very helpful. However, some quiz questions were very unclear as to what was wanted e.g. pick the extra letter in the row - meaningless. Also, it would have been useful to have feedback on what the correct answers were for those I got wrong. The only other complaint is that the spoken lessons went rather quickly so it was not easy to follw the transcript at the same time, and for many of the words given in quizzes and in reading practice , the meaning of the words was not given so this was a missed learning /teachign opportunity. It isn't much use being provided with words but not with their meanings. However, I can now recognise some words and can sound most of them to read them.

By Michael M d F

Jan 6, 2021

As a beginner/intermediate learner, I got more out of this course than I thought I would have. I don't know how I'd have felt taking it as a complete beginner though — I might have found it quite tough, actually! I wish the lectures would have gone a little deeper into the intuition behind grammatical concepts such as hard/soft or voiced/voiceless consonants. Finally, there are a few typos in the material, and the listening exercise could have been better paced so as to give us enough time to repeat and write it down. It's otherwise a good course, and I would recommend it to a beginner/intermediate learner of Russian interested in a more nuanced pass over the fundamentals :-)

By Guey-Mei

Dec 30, 2020

What I like the most about this course is that there are a lot of listening files to practice and follow. The quizzes are helpful and they serve correctly for listening comprehension. What I feel like for room of improvement is the lecture videos. I think the narrator could slow down and repeat the vowels and consonants a few more times, and they should read out every word on the screen. Some contents shown are not read aloud and it's a bit confusing. Great lesson to begin with.

By Mark W

Nov 9, 2020

It was a little basic for me, as I've already been studying but I loved the detailed rules on pronunciation. Additionally, the listening comprehension and practice is wonderful. The only real area for improvement would be to show the correct answers in the quizzes, along with rules or notes for explanations. And maybe, an index to the time in the video where the explanation happens.

By Natasha D C

Jun 18, 2020

I love the listening exercises! The explanation on the vowel reduction, and voiced vs unvoiced consonant is a bit fast. I'd love more examples when going through that part. Also, I'd love if more of the words used were translated. I think it would help in starting building up Russian Vocabulary.

By Jonathan B

Jun 24, 2020

It would be better to have better understanding on what is being asked in a couple quiz questions. Some of the explanation is not as good as it could be. It is very good at starting you out on understanding why letters are pronounced different ways.