Back to Russian Alphabet

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian Alphabet by Saint Petersburg State University

Russian is considered to be one of the world's most difficult languages. This course is aimed at helping those who are interested in understanding the basics of the Russian language, and preparing learners to further their language acquisition. Upon completion of the course students will have learned: the structure of Russian alphabet; how to write and read in Russian; how to pronounce Russian words; and recognise particular sounds and words in speech. After completing the course learners can continue to explore the language on Russian for Beginners 1. The course contains extensive video and audio materials on the basics of Russian phonetics. More than 150 exercises are provided for the learners to apply the knowledge they will learn on the course....

AW
Apr 7, 2020

A good way to start if you have no idea how to. It prepares you you with the alphabet, vowels and basic annunciation skills, reading skills. overall it helped me. See you in the next course!

JC
Apr 19, 2020

Outstanding course for learning Russian alphabet! One will be able to write, read, and pronounce every vowels and consonants after finishing this course. Highly recommended.

76 - 95 of 95 Reviews for Russian Alphabet

By Fawzia M T

Oct 29, 2020

Excellent course! The only part that is not so excellent is the dictation part. How are we to know whether an ending "a" sound should be written as a or o? I suppose after learning some vocabulary, it will all make sense and come more easily.

By Dr. J P W

Aug 9, 2020

It was very challenging, given that many of the sounds are quite similar. Still Russian is a language I have always wanted to learn and this is a good starting point.

By Jose D S C

Jul 10, 2020

Muy buen curso, felicitaciones me hubiesen gustado ejercicios prácticos dentro de la plataforma para escribir o completar.

By Ben K

Apr 8, 2020

Very well structured course. I already knew the Russian alphabet, but the quizzes provided good revision.

By Lorenzo E

May 6, 2020

I learned a lot in this course and i highly recommend it. Especially the understanding over consonants.

By Carolina C

Jul 28, 2020

It would be helpful to have the translation of Russian words from the examples in English.

By Milan V

May 15, 2020

it's hard to understand without excerise

but im glad that at least got know how to read

By Rubén M V

Jul 7, 2020

It is a good start to learn Russian but you will need some extra help

By Miguel A G O

Aug 30, 2020

Bon contenu mis un peu vite

By Roman H

Nov 2, 2020

Could have used some more explanations and exercises instead of only statements and examples, followed by multiple choice tests. Also would have benefited from better English, both written and spoken.

By Chris C

Oct 19, 2020

Seems like it could be a good course. However if you don't pay for the course you cannot submit the quiz for each week, thus Coursera always reports to you that you have assignments overdue.

By Yaman A M

I enjoyed the course, although I had to look up other resources to know what exactly "voiced" and "voiceless" consonants mean. The Russian sound system is tough!

By Elizabeth N C

Jul 17, 2020

it is interesting to learn another language in this case Russian you had to put the pronunciation and the meaning each lesson

By Ardnac

Apr 5, 2020

Easy and nice

By Yaki M

Dec 4, 2020

This is a good course of you intend to create a program that can read text in Russian. The course offers a lot of rules in the Russian language, but is quite useless, unless you already have some vocabulary in Russian. Furthermore, in some of the quizzes, I had to guess what I am being asked. It wasn't clear what the question is...

By Stephanie K

May 4, 2020

I'm not sure if this level of detail is sufficient for learning Russian. Although I'm not sure if it makes sense to just read out different vowels and how they change in context with voiced or voiceless consonants and then get immediately tested without really having a context to words or even know the Russian alphabet.

By Daniel K

Nov 20, 2020

No one answered the questions I had after 7 days of posting. I was under the impression there would be tutors to help with the more difficult coursework. Clearly not.

By Rahul K

Aug 1, 2020

This is slightly tough for beginners. Lectures are quite tough. Assignment of last week is tough.

By Susanne A

Apr 19, 2020

Despite I unenrolled from this Course and Specialization - for which I never signed up in total - it still appears in my list of Courses I am following.

Please correct accordingly, in line with the email notification I received of being unenrolled!