Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

SD

Feb 26, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

T

Feb 01, 2019

The course is so informative that I think everyone should take a try. It provides us a fundamental elements to write in a professional way that is not only for our study but also for our profession.

351 - 375 of 1,132 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Zhe W

Jul 06, 2018

The key points in this course are quite clear and tips are useful. Wish every student could get some feedback from professors regarding to our writing. Many thanks to Dr. Kristin Sainani.

By Carlos A O P

Jan 25, 2018

A great course with concrete and specific guidelines that would help anyone to create better texts in the context of Science - not only journal articles but also pieces for the lay public

By Hera C S B

Jul 20, 2020

Course was helpful and corrected a lot of mistakes I've been making. The instructor was clear and articulate, the arrangement of the lessons also followed a logical, easy-to-follow flow.

By Elianny D

Aug 03, 2019

I want to thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and all presenters, for putting together such an amazing course. It was an incredible learning experience from start to finish. Thank you so much!

By Jessica T

May 03, 2018

This course has really helped me summarise scientific concepts and translate these for a lay audience. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to improve their overall writing ability.

By Jorge H

Aug 08, 2019

Muy bien organizado y presentado, me ha motivado e inspirado mucho a seguir entrenando en el mundo de la investigación medica. Incluso he comprado varios libros recomendados en el curso

By Parul L

Aug 01, 2019

I really appreciate the content of this course. I learnt new things inspite being into medical writing for 1 year. I would definitely recommend this course to other medical writers too.

By Cindy G L

Aug 16, 2018

While taking this class, I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of my writing. Even if you don't write papers on hard sciences (I study archaeology) the concepts still apply.

By Afnan B

Feb 26, 2018

Every person who intends to join scientific world must take this course. Course content is very well designed and explained. This course has made an impact on the way I think and write.

By Katherine A C

Jun 04, 2020

This is a gem of a course! You will learn a ton, even if you thought you were already a great writer. Worth all the effort; I intend to refer back to my notes as a writing reference.

By Mukunthan K

Apr 16, 2020

This course helped me to overcome my fear of writing; with interactive examples the instructor made this course very comprehensive. It completely changed my view on scientific writing.

By Pedro L M R

Mar 22, 2018

The best scientific writing course I've ever done! Congratulations to the instructor Dr. Kristin Sainani, Stanford University and Coursera for making this quality available. Thank you!

By Jonathan K

It was a helpful course towards improving one's ability to communicate. The lessons helped me with improving my structure, interpretations, and perspective towards writing. Thank you!

By Maria

Jun 25, 2020

I am very grateful to Dr. Kristin Sainani and to the Coursera team. It was a great opportunity. The knowledge I received at the course would be very helpful in many areas of my life!

By Carol R

Jul 12, 2019

Don't be fooled by the course being classified as a beginner level course. There is plenty of knowledge in this that you're likely to hone more than a skill or two. Excellent course.

By Cara H

Jul 09, 2018

I have really enjoyed this course. As someone who is about to embark on my MSc Kinesiology, I found it very useful. Reviewing this course a second time would be very helpful as well.

By mohamed z s

Apr 16, 2020

This course was really useful to me, I learned so much, I like to thank our mentor Dr Kristin for her time, efforts ,and information and I hope to learn more from her in the future.

By Ammar I

Apr 14, 2020

If you have many fundamental questions on how to write for sciences, this course will certainly address most of them. The lecturer provide tons of valuable tips. Highly recommended!

By Maria F S C

May 04, 2020

Really liked this course. I found practical tips to improve my scientific writing skills and I think it allowed me to explore other types of scientific writing besides manuscripts.

By Ema N

Dec 19, 2019

I'm not finished yet but am thoroughly impressed. Clear explanations, practical examples and practice problems, and text provided as Word downloads...wonderful. Highly recommended.

By Priyanka R

Jan 15, 2019

Awesome course in an easy to understand vocabulary. It should be included in all science programs at college level for better understanding of 'writing in sciences'. Great work !!!

By Muhammad T R

Apr 04, 2020

Kristin Sainani is a wonderful teacher. Her way of teaching is very interactive and learning environment . I wanna thanks to all the Coursera team who is managing all this for us.

By Courtney H

Aug 30, 2018

This course drastically changed my writing and convinced me that I don't have to use awkward science writing conventions (like the passive voice and jargon) to be taken seriously.

By Kathleen C

I loved this course! Dr. Sainani provides tangible tips and relevant insights for successful scientific writing. I look forward to applying these lessons to my upcoming projects.

By Ragaseema V M

May 12, 2020

Excellent course, and instructor. This course helped me a lot to understand different aspects of science writing. Moreover my interest in the topic is jumped up after the course.