Back to Securing and Integrating Components of your Application

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Securing and Integrating Components of your Application by Google Cloud

In this course, application developers learn how to design and develop cloud-native applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to develop more secure applications, implement federated identity management, and integrate application components by using messaging, event-driven processing, and API gateways. Learners can choose to complete labs in their favorite language: Node.js, Java, or Python. Prerequisites and prework: • Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience • Working knowledge of Node.js, Java, or Python • Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments • Previous course(s) in the specialization...

D

Dec 19, 2019

I gained vast amounts of orientation and skills in this course.\n\nThe course content and the course administrators were really great and helped convey good understanding.\n\nThank you :)

JJ

Mar 27, 2018

Easy to follow and quite applicable information is taught without too many difficult technical words and lists. I felt that I could implement or help others implement these applications.

51 - 75 of 87 Reviews for Securing and Integrating Components of your Application

By Michał T

Feb 27, 2019

By Bibhu A P

Jul 24, 2019

It would have been good if we could have got more time for this and the instructor could have explained the security concept in a more non technical way. But I learned a lot from the labs and the materials

By Harold L M M

Feb 01, 2018

I think this is a great course on Securing and Developing Apps for GCP. However, some labs must be reviewed the IAM roles assigned to the lab IAM account. After all, this was a great experience. Thank you!

By Merlijn B

Mar 12, 2018

Good course, unfortunately the lab assignments were overloaded, which meant I had to complete them under my own account. Luckily Google provides this initial free tier so it wasn't really problematic.

By Jose Y J

Jul 24, 2019

In one of the lab sessions, I had trouble logging into a lab account with its given credentials because it was asking me for a phone number to continue.

By Ted G

Nov 07, 2018

This course was helpful in understanding the interoperability of many of the Google Cloud components.

By Abhishek U G

Mar 27, 2019

I had trouble using lab due to error while running the given file. Everything else was great!

By Nijendra N

Sep 18, 2019

nice information provided to learn on Cloud Functions, Clous Pub/Sub and Endpoints

By Norman L M

Oct 22, 2018

very challenging labs. Good quality video tutorials

By Russell S

Aug 25, 2019

Necessary for GCP certification. Overall, very good

By Vishal R

Jun 05, 2019

Provides good information for beginners

By Isidro B

Apr 16, 2018

I couldn't finish my last lab properly.

By Chowdhury F A

Oct 17, 2019

great

By VIGNESHKUMAR R

Nov 23, 2019

Good

By Nguyen K T

Oct 06, 2018

good

By Sheldon R

Dec 28, 2018

This course provided quite a bit of good information, but I was disappointed in the lab titled "App Dev: Developing a Backend Service v1.1." I encountered what appear to be significant discrepancies between the API documentation referenced in the lab vs. the code and instructions in the lab itself. I posted a question about this in the forum but haven't yet received an answer:

I also thought that this lab was much too long and should have been broken into at least a couple of labs. It was at least an order of magnitude more work to get through than any of the previous labs I have encountered in several Google Cloud Platform classes on Coursera. It required a substantial coding effort which was made more difficult because of the problems with the API documentation that I mentioned above. It required writing code to send and receive messages using Pub/Sub, to do a machine learning exercise, and then setting up Spanner and persisting data there. I think it required more than a "working knowledge" of Node.js. I found myself needing to interrupt the lab to look up information about asynchronous messages in Node.js and other topics related to getting through the lab. I was in fact unable to complete the lab within the two-hour time limit and therefore had to save all my work and go through it a second time, combined with a fair amount of reading beyond the information available in the course itself, without which I would not have been able to complete the lab.

This of course gave me quite a bit of learning experience, but I would prefer to get that learning in more easily plannable, smaller chunks. If a lab is going to require more than two hours of my time, I'd like to have a better idea that this may be the case before I start and the timing meter is running.

By ravi g

Dec 28, 2019

Can be more elaborative while showing the Pub/Sub's or integrating with cloud endpoints. But still the course is best the way it covers. Bonus labs are too short of time in Labs to cover. Hope we can get some extra time off the course to check and complete. :)

By Zbigniew L

Jan 12, 2020

could be better, i am java fan, and want to use endpoints in java. i will not create an endpoint in angularjs in cloud, to access endpoint in java just to have authentication.

You should include java endpoints in the course.

By Paul H

Feb 17, 2020

The content in the course was really good. The Qwiklabs have gotten out of date and were a little frustrating to complete (had to talk with Qwiklabs support on two of them in order to complete due to issues with the lab).

By Juan P

Jan 12, 2020

Labs are good but the material is a bit out of date. For example, class indicates that cloud functions need to be written in Nodejs. However, nowadays, you can write them in nodejs, python and go.