Back to Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies by University of California, Davis

This course focuses on technical, mobile and social strategies for increasing site traffic. Learn how to build SEO for international audiences through content localization, global team alignment and optimizing for local search engines. Discover techniques to optimize mobile-friendly websites, get mobile apps discovered, and leverage social media to drive organic SEO traffic. You will also learn how to identify key SEO metrics and collect, interpret, validate, and report success to your clients and stakeholders....

AV

Aug 11, 2016

The course has bugs, but it shouldn't distract from gaining knowledge. The 5 star given due to comprehensive tools used and final assignment preparation.

AG

Nov 16, 2016

This course was amazing. I discovered so many useful tools, had insights on what changes should I do on my website for its better performance.

1 - 25 of 80 Reviews for Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies

By Laura M

May 27, 2019

I gave up watching the videos after Week 2 and simply read the transcriptions to complete the course. The videos are painful to watch. I am sure Mr. Lloyd is a smart man who knows the material, but he definitely lacks in the teaching/public speaking area. He was obviously reading from a teleprompter and seemed as if he did not acquaint himself with the material before recording the lessons. There were pauses in places where pauses did not belong and then faster reading in places where it would have been better to slow down. "Stage presence" was horrible with periods where he nervously rocked side to side, times when he was squinting and obviously struggling to read the teleprompter, and times when he just had a glazed look in his eyes as if he had no idea what he was reading. This all unfortunately served as a distraction from the course content. Add to this the fact that a good bit of the material is out-of-date since some of the SEO tools mentioned no longer exist. For these reasons I would highly recommend the videos for this course be redone, preferably by another instructor. Or, at the very least, send him to Toastmasters Club for a few months before he rerecords the videos.

By Hien N

Aug 18, 2016

This course was very helpful. The websites and plug-ins mentioned for analyzing a site's SEO are more than valuable.

By Jordan C

Dec 12, 2018

Definitely the worst course of the bunch. Hard to follow. The project was awful too. It looks like they don't keep up with the sites they ask you to use to review the apps in the project as the graphs they want you to provide are no longer in the same places or no longer on the free version of these sites. It wasn't like AWFUL or anything like that but all the other courses so far had set a high bar and this one did not meet that in my opinion.

By Sebastiaan L

Nov 07, 2018

Thank you Dave, I've learned a lot and it was fun to follow your course.

By Víctor R R

Nov 24, 2018

Great insight of the overall industry and great skills a tools founded here.

By ARKIN O

Jan 19, 2019

Step by step, very clear and easy to follow up, even for a beginner.

By Jeanne A

Aug 12, 2018

Very detailed and helpful.

By June I

Aug 14, 2018

Very useful with practical things to try. Improved skill set.

By Pakasit W

Sep 26, 2018

Very good course

By Bettina A

Jul 16, 2018

Great course as the others!

By Jose C

Feb 09, 2017

Fast paced and comprehensive. Also, very good mentorship from the teacher.

By Nilanjan D

Sep 11, 2017

Brilliant course.Loved it. The instructor who also happens to be an extremely busy professional working for one of the to tech. organizations have produced a superb course. Concise and full of actionable insight.

By Guillermo T

Oct 27, 2017

Great content and good suggestions from the lecturer.

By Piyush S

Sep 04, 2016

If you want to have deep knowledge on SEO, go for this course.

By Muhammad M

Aug 06, 2017

very interesting course. Enjoyed a lot. Thank you coursera and UCdavis.

By Liviu V

Aug 16, 2016

Great SEO Course ! I really learned a lot of new things !

By Jose D O G

Jun 21, 2017

Excellent Course!!

By Lina C

Aug 15, 2017

Very useful tools are introduced. It will be great to do a demonstration of how to use different tools effectively to do a site audit using an example.

By PAVEL C

Aug 13, 2017

Very recommendable!!!

By Tommy v d T

Jun 03, 2018

This course exceeded my expectations! Learned a lot.

By Ssuchia C S

Dec 04, 2016

Very informational class with knowledgeable instructor who inspired me a lot in ASO field.

By bilal n

Jun 08, 2017

precisely helpful

By Barbara J D

Sep 27, 2016

I think this is an excellent course very informative and interesting. The only complaint I have isn't with this course in particular but seems to happen frequently in various Coursera courses. I submitted my week 3 assignment 2 days late but the course was still going on for another couple of weeks so I didn't think my assignment would not get graded. I tried live chat, learner help until finally I kept posting in the forums begging someone to grade my course. Finally I got a response from a mentor, Michael Fortune who really offered help to me. There was something wrong with my link that I still need to find out what it was. It wasn't until the next session of this course had completed until Michael, who stuck it out with me trying and ultimately succeeding in getting other students to grade my assignment so I could complete my course and move on to the Capstone Project.

I still enjoyed the course despite all that time it took Michael and I to get the assignment graded.