Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 20, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

151 - 175 of 580 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Mahendra B

Jun 4, 2020

Well structured, concepts clearly explained and the exercises are created well to practise and use the learnt concepts well.

By VIGNESH V C

Jan 9, 2019

It is very help full for my self and my knowledge on this course..

I have really improved my skills... thank you very much...

By Puneet R

Best course to learn if even if you have no prior knowledge.

Each and every concept properly explained without any confusion

By Saurav A

Dec 30, 2019

It's one of the best NodeJS course anybody can opt for . Thank you to the Hong Kong university for providing such a course.

By Ian D

Jun 7, 2020

Excellent explanation. Amazing and intriguing assignments. The assignments help you learn a lot of new things in itself.

By Scott H

Oct 14, 2019

Prof. Muppala explains everything in a detailed and comprehensive way. I have recommended this course to other learners.

By Mikhail S

Apr 20, 2021

It is very helpful course to learn server-side development with use of NodeJS and MongoDB. I am glad that I passed it.

By md. i

Lots of respect and appreciation to Jogesh Muppala for fluidly explaining complex topics in such comprehensible way.

By Divyanshu P

Apr 21, 2020

This is Awesome course , very nicely explain by Sir Jogesh.

He taught very well and reading content is also very nice.

By Harsha L

Jan 31, 2020

Well designed course which will give you a good combination of details and an overall feel for back end development.

By Yashraj S

May 3, 2021

REviewing assignments should be more challenging. Everyone can easily pass assignments without doing too much work

By Charan G

Jun 11, 2018

Good course which covers all concepts which are needed to develop server-side with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Siva A

Mar 31, 2019

Great lectures. Very clear and detailed. Unlike other online courses, I really enjoyed learning this one.

By Asmita D

Sep 13, 2020

It was real nice, thorough, well-explained and updated! Thanks for the well-prepared course, instructor!

By Barath K

May 13, 2020

awesome tutor throughout the curriculum thank you very much for a incredible journey on web development.

By Anum

Apr 19, 2020

Well explained I learnt many things through this course. Thanks for the great instructor and Coursera

By Tibi S

Mar 9, 2020

It's a great and a complete course , I've learned so much stuff by practicing , I really recommend it

By Gopal B

Oct 26, 2019

Wonderful course explained with real life scenarios. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and assignments.

By MIGUEL A C L

Nov 3, 2020

Le cours vise à acquérir de bonne connaissance.

Sera essentielle dans le bon déroulement du processus

By HARENDRA S

May 20, 2019

Very Good course but please give the financial aid for this course it will be highly helpful for me.

By Eric N

May 23, 2021

The course content Is relevant and challenging, and I can't wait to apply these new skills at work.

By Sagnik

Jul 7, 2020

One of the best courses online. Thank you Coursera for bringing this course for students like me <3

By Ashish K T

Aug 17, 2018

This course is really awesome for growing new developers and understanding better in various level.

By Sachin J

Jan 7, 2018

Fantastic course, most important its covers all the point which required for real time application

By Satish G

Oct 23, 2020

very helpful course and honestly one of the best course for Server-side Development with NodeJS.