Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

AS
Aug 28, 2021

One of the best course available on Coursera for server side development. A lot has been covered .One change could have been made, instead of HTTPS module one week could have been dedicated to EJS.

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

201 - 225 of 624 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Wonjin K

Apr 19, 2018

Very helpful to understand server-side development with node.js, express.js and mongodb

By Surabhi K

Apr 15, 2018

I really found this course helpful . Step by Step explanation of each and every terms .

By Saurabh P

Mar 10, 2019

Good course. I have learned many things about nodeJS,mongoDB and how serverside works.

By Abhinav P

Jan 23, 2019

Very great course to start with and get overall idea of standard backend development.

By Freedom

Nov 19, 2018

Muy buen curso en todo momento los aspectos de los temas fueron correctos. Sigan así.

By Suvam J

Jul 4, 2020

The course was very engaging and covers almost all topics required for making a BaaS

By AN L

Jan 26, 2019

Thanks for breaking down complex concepts and topics into easily digestible sizes.

By Eric L

Nov 27, 2018

The course content and instrutor are great! Very practical and structural. Thanks!

By Akansha G

Jan 20, 2019

Course structure is really good. I highly recommend students to be a part of it.

By Pedro H

Feb 20, 2018

Excellent course. Thanks to Josep for giving us his knowledges on the subject.

By Aman S

Nov 21, 2019

Thanks a lot jogesh muppala sir for sharing your valuable knowledge among us.

By Ren-Chao L

Jun 26, 2019

Very good courses. Knew how to use node.js and about server-side development.

By MR. H B

Jun 28, 2020

I gain super knowledge from this course. thank you sir. Love from Sri Lanka.

By Ismail B

Mar 15, 2020

Good course, I have learned from this course a lot of things, Thanks for all

By ANKIT K

Sep 21, 2019

Very well and precisely explained the concepts...Learned much with fun...!!

By Alae O

Dec 6, 2018

Excellent Course, that the least I can say really thank you for this course

By EFREN A A F

Nov 25, 2020

Excelente curso, aprendí todo acerca del desarrollo usando el MEAN Stack.

By Kezter J F

Oct 19, 2020

The course is quite old but it helped me a lot to learn the fundamentals.

By Caio F C

Jun 15, 2020

The best course about web backend development i ever seen! Great teacher

By Sabih A

May 14, 2020

Awesome course, it covered all core backend concepts in Node environment

By Edgar J

Apr 27, 2019

Wow.

I didnt know that this course will be this usefull.

Thanks professor!

By Sri C G K

Mar 19, 2018

Course is very nicely organized and the professor taught it really well.

By Shreyans J

Sep 17, 2018

Very nice course for those who are familiar with basics of programming.

By Vaidehi A

Jul 16, 2020

The instructor has really done a good job. Assignments were also good.

By Chanda R

It helped me a lot and I came to know lot more things from this course