Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 20, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

26 - 50 of 580 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Vicky G

Jul 3, 2020

Just a waste of time doing the course.Professor never gives clear explanation on any of the topic.

By Shikhar S

Jul 9, 2020

Poor Explanation.no real time Project,outdated and poor project with no practical importance.

By Divya D V

Sep 8, 2020

It was really a great teaching by Jogesh sir.I am almost familiar with all the topics in node.js. When I started this cousre I had no prior knowledge on what is node,epress,handling request and etc.,but now I have very good foundation on the node,express,MongoDb,authentication etc.I always wonder why I need to study in college when I have better teachers online to teach me lot more than what I study in my college.

By Achuth R

Jul 18, 2019

Mr. Jogesh has been terrific through out the course and is very passionate to teach. He guides you very well. His teaching has been very accurate. He's a very good tutor

By Mateus R P

Jul 4, 2019

The Professor Jogesh Muppala is an amazing Major. So, the content is very relevant and important to improve my knowledge!

By Chirag J

Jul 8, 2019

Good course to understand basics of server side development (back-end development). Cleared my concepts.....

By Juan P M C

Aug 1, 2020

excellent course, the proposed topics were explained very easily and the proposed objectives were obtained

By Khuram Z

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent course. Just take your time with the concept. Let them sink in. Don't haste it.

By Jinwei Z

Jul 2, 2019

I have learn a lot through this including mongoDB server side development etc

By Athreya N P

Jul 8, 2019

The way he teaches, it makes me easy to understand concepts.

By himanshu s

Jul 17, 2019

muppalla sir is a legend, love from india

By Riddhima S

Jul 2, 2019

Po po po po dhammad dhammad

By Ankit S

Jul 18, 2019

very good course

By Maria G H M

Jul 17, 2019

Excelente!

By Alan C C

Sep 30, 2020

Very technical and code oriented, which is good for me but still manages explain the concepts well before actually coding! worth it for me esp since i have no background knowledge about nodejs or javascript, a background with programming is sufficient to understand

By MOHAMMAD S

Jul 12, 2019

Voice of Trainer Is not clear although he has great knowledge

By Elias C M

Aug 19, 2020

The content is out of date. The instructor does not lay out the algorithm beforehand as comments so people can follow and understand the thinking. The naming of variables and objects is completely horrible. This course must be redone. There are so many better REACT courses people can take. I had to take an equivalent of every course in this specialization to better understand. I'm sure that the instructor is a lovely human being, but this is one of the worse courses of all time.

By Soumya A

Apr 3, 2021

Outdated Course, most of the teaching methodology has been deprecated

By AMAAN K

Nov 18, 2020

integration not explained properly

By Najib V

Apr 8, 2021

Totally deprecated!

By Shubham S

Jun 7, 2018

Coursera offers a great opportunity and resources for educators from any field. it's course quality is appropriate for beginners. Collection of courses on coursera covers almost everything that an educator needs. Course layout, structuring and delivery methods allow learners easy access thereby facilitating a user to schedule, plan, prioritise and take the course as per convenience. User always has the chance to enroll for multiple courses at a time which is very good for time optimization. One of the features of coursera is email notification, which reminds users about upcoming classes and courses. As it offers courses from the top universities, and all being free, allows the students (and teachers) to learn from world-class professors, watch high quality lectures, achieve mastery via interactive exercises, and collaborate with a global community of students.

By Saravanan C

Jul 15, 2020

I think this is one of the best specialization I have signed up for. The teacher really forces you to do things - not spoon feeding. Also the contents are planned enough & well. I think there is a need for up-to-date need for software, installation instructions at many places. Less experienced folks might find it discouraging otherwise and bail out this beautiful course and effort. I literally want the author and Coursera to BAN folks spamming with "please review my assignment". It just makes the whole forum useless. I never needed to do that and everything was smooth for me - wondering why it is happening with others. I look forward similar end-to-end Full stack courses from this teacher. Thank you.

By Peter S

Nov 22, 2017

The last of 5 courses in the specialization. The 5 courses are 5 small shining gems: all extraordinarily well structured, up to date and to the point. The whole series is a complete overhaul of the material from an earlier specialization. The material has been updated and restructured.

I have one suggestion: It would have been nice also to learn how to handle sql-databases (like: postgresql) from nodejs. After the course I guess it is possible for me to study it on my own, but having Jogesh Muppalas introductions sure is addictive..

By Gillian B

Sep 25, 2018

Enjoyed this course and I liked Professor Muppala. I learned a lot in just 4 weeks. I'm new to javascript and node. I liked that it crossed a very broad range in just 4 weeks - not into great depth, just an introduction into the possibilities. That's exactly what I wanted. The structure of the course was just fine - project based, so it built up in complexity. The final assignment took me much longer than I expected, but I persevered. I will have a little break, then do some more courses. Excellent value for money.

By Naresh T

Jan 22, 2019

This course helps us to understand nodeJS better . The best thing for the course is that a step by step tutorials from the basic Node.js, then to MongoDB, and the following Mongoose, Passport, OAuth, swagger documentation and etc. It also covers the testing tool like Postman, which is the essential tool for backend testing. The methodology of test-driven development comes along with the entire course..

It would have been better if the last topic also made as mandatory assignment.. :) :) :)..