Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

AS
Aug 28, 2021

One of the best course available on Coursera for server side development. A lot has been covered .One change could have been made, instead of HTTPS module one week could have been dedicated to EJS.

526 - 550 of 633 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Karthikeyan

Jul 14, 2020

Good

By LAKSHYA S

Jun 15, 2020

good

By Avishek M

Feb 21, 2020

Sep 3, 2019

nice

By Sri N

Sep 25, 2018

Good

By Aishwarya M

Aug 27, 2018

good

By Manjunath B

By Uma M

By 1JS18CS018_ANKIT K

Aug 11, 2021

By Vikash A

Apr 29, 2021

Well Explained & Good Assignments for the complete understanding of backend development with NodeJS, Express & MongoDB. Only demerit is that this course has become bit old, some of the functions which we have used here are deprecated and you have to replace that with new ones. Apart from that this is a great starter course who wants to learn backend technologies.

By Aditya A

Jun 6, 2020

The course content is really good for beginners who want to learn the Node.js, express and MongoDB. The instructor has provided a very good explanation of every module that is used and also provided various ways of doing things. The course covers various parts of the server-side development and makes concepts clear.

By Nirmala T

Sep 2, 2020

Some time I think about give up programming and going to next field .When I saw this course on coursera and start learning , after that I continue and never thought give up programming..

I m truly beginner in programming field I hope I had good future ahead.....

By Ashwani K

Sep 5, 2021

Overall course is good. BASS subject in the last week seemed to be overhead. Integrating angular or react could have been pushed to other week for those who are doing specialization in front end.

Carefully libraries need to be upgraded to new versions.

By Michael F

Apr 5, 2018

Really good class and pretty fun, but I wish that he would've explained the basics of NodeJS a little more. He jumped into things and I learned a lot but I still feel like there are some basics that were left out. I really enjoyed it though.

By Izen B H

Oct 4, 2020

The last week (week 4) was a bit complicated without going over the bare fundamentals of the concepts (passports, passport strategies, etc.) Besides that, the course was easier to understand and had great exercises. Thanks!

By Rammohana r B

Oct 1, 2018

Some of the concepts/modules only discussed related to the project that was building through out the course. concepts explanation was good but the scope of the course limited to particular modules only

By MUHAMMAD F L

Nov 5, 2021

This course explain everything about server side development. but for some part, the explanation is not very deep or detail. overall, I enjoyed this course and built my first Node.js portfolio.

By susheel y

Apr 27, 2019

Its awsome course. and he explained every thing clearly. This course taught me how to code professionally. He did coding in very clean and moderate way.

I am very thankfull to Mr. Mupalla sir.

By jean-francois p

Feb 8, 2019

Good course. Cons: Some have exercice video of 30 mins. For me it's too long and require changes in many file. I would love stick in one file and more explanation for a 10 mins video.

By Zainu d

Sep 2, 2021

It was good experience studying from the best instructor. Although in 2021 some course content seems to be old and they need to be updated to follow latest coding convention.

By Abdelrahman B

Aug 23, 2021

It is a Simple Course, Very Good for Beginners, but in the lessons there will be some code is deprecated in modules, but it does not make any problem and works fine