Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 20, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

76 - 100 of 596 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Amilton P

Apr 15, 2021

O professor Jogesh é muito competente e não deixa escapar nenhuma ponta solta. Aborda todo o conteúdo com paciência e realiza as práticas de maneira bem pensada, onde cada tarefa solidifica mais o conhecimento em nossas mentes, fixando o aprendizado de forma prazerosa. Parabéns ao Coursera!

By Ivan L

Feb 12, 2019

There are many tutorials which share the ideas how to code for different objectives, which is the most useful to learn a new programming language from scratch. The level of assignment is just above a right level of difficulty, which is a very good chance to consolidate what you've learn.

By Ramūnas P

Dec 30, 2020

Very good courses, despite the fact that part of native js uses outdated modules. The thing to improve is slides. Visual appearance of presentation is rather poor. Besides that, I'm very satisfied with instructors work, and material presented throughout the specialization.

By Samuel S

Oct 18, 2020

Great contents, learned so much. This last course in the specialization is where everything comes together. I liked the clarity and the simplicity in the manner he explains complex topics. The exercises and the assignments are well designed to reinforce new knowledge.

By Oliver F

May 9, 2020

This was a well constructed course that served as a great foundation in understanding the concepts of back end web development. I found Dr Jogesh Muppala had a very clear way of teaching these concepts with the occasional addition of dry humour which was appreciated.

By Akmal S

Aug 6, 2018

I recommend this course even if you have 7-10 years programming experience. This course covers all aspects for creating your own API server. It includes user authorization, a good coverage of cookies and sessions (❤️ ), using Facebook oAuth tokens, uploading images.

By Gez Q

Aug 4, 2018

An excellent course to wrap up the Specialization. Jogesh packs in a wealth of information about setting up and linking a server to your application using the MEAN stack! This is done using a number of examples of different approaches to achieving these tasks.

By Dhruv Y K

Jun 21, 2019

Very good course about nodejs. I didn't know much about nodejs but after completing this course I learned lots of things about nodejs. Very usefull course...Jogesh sir explained each and every thing very easily. Overall anyone can buy this course, it is worth

By Abhinav

May 22, 2020

Very practical course with lots to learn and implement. Loved the way the instructor laid the course. Also, everything related to server-side is covered in this course. After completing this course, I think I am now proficient in server-side development.

By Oren E

Jogesh Muppala is an excellent instructor with a good feel for how to best present material in a clear and concise fashion. You are walked through the exercises in a methodical fashion the greatly enhanced the learning experience.

Keep up the good work!

By Henk M

Jul 30, 2018

Truly excellent and high quality. I have done other Coursera courses where you spend time debugging the course material using the community and any other means.

Not here: laser sharp explanations and flawless sample code and assignments. Great professor!

By Harsh J

May 22, 2020

Muppala sir was excellent in his teachings,he was very well aware of the topics,and he successfully delivered all the topics,I really enjoyed the journey of this course with muppala sir,Thank you sir,and Thank you Coursera for providing this course

By Gurbachan D

Apr 10, 2019

Great course goes into everything you need to know in detail and nothing missing from the teachings so you can follow the instructions. Great teaching style and covers every aspect of what you will need to do in the future in this technology.

By Yurii V

Apr 17, 2018

Great course! A lot of useful information. Modules are constructed in a very smart and efficient way.

But be careful, node modules are being changed all the time, so some information might be outdated at the time you'll be doing the exercises.

By Gonzalo C D

May 7, 2020

I moved to a company that uses NodeJS, I took this course because I had no experience in using javascript as backend, I am very satisfied with what I learned, the course helped me adapt quickly to my new job. Thank you Professor Muppala. ;)

By Jorge J

Apr 9, 2020

Excelent course to learn nodeJS, express and mongoDB as a start point of server-side development. Thanks Mr. Muppala for details and good course preparation. Everything is line up according the topics needed to learn. Great job teacher!!

By Malik S I

Oct 1, 2020

Extraordinary effort put in by Sir Jogesh Muppala. It was pleasure learning from him. I have now passed two courses and looking forward to complete the 2 other courses in this specialization because i feel at home when sir Jogesh teaches.

By Bhushan C M

Amazing Course by Jogesh Sir. Enjoyed the Assignments. Good Course for Someone who wants to learn to develop backend server using Express (JavaScript). Also Gave Good Knowledge on Authentication. And Learned to Work with Postman. Thanks.

By Shubham K

Jul 8, 2020

this course is really good to learn backend with node and mongo db it covers almost everything which is necessary to learn as a backend developer. it helps me to apply my own logic how to write the logic for supporting various routes

By MD A H

Mar 21, 2021

One of the best course in Coursera I have learnt many things in course that enhanced my knowledge and skill. I am very lucky to have a great instructor like him theory part explanation was quite awesome. I really loved this course

By Swapnil R

Nov 24, 2020

Starts from the basics and takes us all the way building concepts on the way and getting us familiar with many technologies and tools. Recommended for anyone wishing to start Backend development in NodeJS, Express and MongoDB.

By krishna t

Jul 27, 2020

A good course specialization to understand the concepts related to server-side development with Express.js, Node.js, and MongoDB along with many related npm modules like passport for authentication, multer for file upload, etc.

By Cyrus V

Feb 14, 2018

Awesome course! I have learnt a ton of new stuff about server side development and I'm sure of it that this would help me on achieving my goals as a software engineer. Dr. Muppala is a great teacher and explains concepts well.

By Gourab B

May 1, 2020

One of the best course I have ever completed. Personal Thanks to Jogesh sir for all the concepts and the way he made me understand. Its really helpful. All the assignment were good specially the last one. Thank you so much

By Anh V P

Apr 30, 2020

Thank Coursera and Jogesh K. Muppala Really In this Course has 4 parts But I just learned Server - Side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. Because I am a Mobile developer. I learned a lot of Back End.