Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 20, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

476 - 500 of 560 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Muhammad B A I

Aug 24, 2020

ok

By Aditya A

Jun 6, 2020

The course content is really good for beginners who want to learn the Node.js, express and MongoDB. The instructor has provided a very good explanation of every module that is used and also provided various ways of doing things. The course covers various parts of the server-side development and makes concepts clear.

By Nirmala T

Sep 2, 2020

Some time I think about give up programming and going to next field .When I saw this course on coursera and start learning , after that I continue and never thought give up programming..

I m truly beginner in programming field I hope I had good future ahead.....

By Michael F

Apr 5, 2018

Really good class and pretty fun, but I wish that he would've explained the basics of NodeJS a little more. He jumped into things and I learned a lot but I still feel like there are some basics that were left out. I really enjoyed it though.

By Izen B H

Oct 4, 2020

The last week (week 4) was a bit complicated without going over the bare fundamentals of the concepts (passports, passport strategies, etc.) Besides that, the course was easier to understand and had great exercises. Thanks!

By Rammohana r B

Oct 1, 2018

Some of the concepts/modules only discussed related to the project that was building through out the course. concepts explanation was good but the scope of the course limited to particular modules only

By susheel y

Apr 27, 2019

Its awsome course. and he explained every thing clearly. This course taught me how to code professionally. He did coding in very clean and moderate way.

I am very thankfull to Mr. Mupalla sir.

By jean-francois p

Feb 8, 2019

Good course. Cons: Some have exercice video of 30 mins. For me it's too long and require changes in many file. I would love stick in one file and more explanation for a 10 mins video.

By Mohd S I

Sep 2, 2020

The course is really good but the course duration must be at least 6 weeks. Completing this course within 4 weeks along with University-related work is kinda tough.

By Hemant S

Apr 2, 2020

The course was good one thing needs an improvement instead of using postman sir should explain it using front end HTML code that will be more understandable.

By DEEP M

Jun 12, 2020

ALMOST ALL CONCEPTS COVERED RELATED TO BACK-END. PROF. JOGESH HAS COVERD ALL THE RELEVANT THEOREY REQUIRED FOR A STARTER TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS.

By Hasith V M

The content is good and clear and sometimes too basic. Sometimes the lecturer's English is a bit difficult to understand but overall a good course.

By Md. D I

Nov 28, 2020

actually wanted to give 4.5...the course material and the instructor is really good...but a little more explanation would have been much better...

By JUAN E E C

Sep 2, 2020

It is a good course to near a little bit about how to create a server easily!! this course don't use async await, just promises

By meet d

Jun 9, 2020

It covers all the fundamentals of the backend. I would suggest you, take the frontend course first and then start this course.

By MRINMOY S

Nov 22, 2019

Good course to get with started with javascript and NodeJs. Lectures are well structured and assignments are easy but helpful.

By Chuanqi Z

Feb 18, 2019

Still believe the assignment could be more challenging. But good for experienced developer to know about node.js framework

By HANIEL O B

Dec 16, 2020

In general it was well explained course, but i have to say that to the end, it get a bit monotonous.

By José I

May 16, 2018

Little old, many samples don't work in current library versions. You have to look for workarounds.

By Mayank V

Jun 8, 2020

Quizzes can increase productivity of this course.

Awesome learning experience:)

By Jegadeeswaran

Jan 2, 2019

Nice Explanation with best practises. But Example is not that musch effective.

By DHRUMIL S

May 5, 2019

One of the best course on the internet to learn server-side development.

By Chi C L

Apr 14, 2020

very good course for basic knowledge about nodejs, express and mongodb

By Constantinos H

Feb 24, 2021

Very good course for learning how to develop the server-side part.

By Azmihar A M

Jul 20, 2020

Very clear and comprehensive presentations and materials provided