Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM
Nov 4, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 20, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

51 - 75 of 549 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Henry C H T

May 25, 2018

A very good summary about the server technology related to web application. It covers a lot including

MongoDB, Authentication Options, SSL as well as REST API built on top of Express Server. Though I'd challenge if Javascript is the best option for server side implementation, this course definitely a very a good summary about how the server side works.

By Mykola L

Apr 18, 2020

Amazing course! I gained a lot of knowledge while attending it. Mr. Jogesh Muppala gave great theoretical insights and supplement them with comprehensive examples. Now, I am well-equipped with the skills using NodeJS, Express, and MongoDB to build my web services. I highly recommend this course to everyone who starts its journey in the web development.

By Aiman A

Sep 9, 2018

I learned a lot from this course. As a developer this course has helped me a lot on how to set up a back end program for applications. Towards the end of the course, the topic shifted to angular and its was kind of a hard to understand the samples since it was just introduced with out clear explanation. But in general it was really a great course.

By Samir K

Only one very humble request, at the end of each exercise please provide the solutions (which unlocks only after passing the assignment) so that we can continue with lectures without any problems in our code as they might differ from the code that the instructor uses to make modifications and it makes it very difficult for us to cope up.

By Kuber G

Dec 8, 2020

Excellent course designed by Coursera and The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. It is very well presented by Prof. Jogesh. You are superb. Keep doing such great work. I was planning since long time to make my self hands-on in server side development as MEAN and MERN Stack full development and finally you made it possible.

By Pedro C G S

Mar 17, 2020

Muito feliz de ter finalizado o curso! Se manter atualizado é sempre bom e ainda mais quando o curso tem referencia! Aprendi conceitos básicos e avançados que me permitirão criar aplicações robustas e escaláveis tanto na minha empresa quanto em projetos pessoais.

Parabéns ao professor Jogesh Muppala por todo o conteudo do curso!

By Rustam A

Oct 4, 2018

I have learned this course couple of times, without completing. But it really great. It opened my eyes for new world of server side development, async programming and more deep understanding of networking (https, api, get, post, cookies, tokens, file transfer, cors...) - which is very common and necessary part of my life.

By TechnoWings P

Sep 7, 2019

I am nobody to comment on Mr. Murappa's course.

Respect to the Mr. Murappa he is GOD of Node JS.

Very Good Course Content. I am going to attend all the courses of Mr.Murappa. Very Clear communication and to the point. All assignments are as per industry requirements and need to be taken very seriously. Thank you sir!!

By Mcvean S

Sep 26, 2020

This course deserves a 5-star as it completes the specializations with utmost integrity! It's definitely good for beginners who want to dive into Back-end technologies, and others who just want to refresh their knowledge! The only aspect left out is SQL Databases, but NoSQL (MongoDB in particular) has got you covered.

By Vibhanshu s

Jul 18, 2020

My first time learning back-end development and it was fun and educational. I took the whole specialization course which is a very good way to get started with your full stack web development. This course is recommended for anyone who wants to get started with back-end development using Node, Express and MongoDB.

By ikpeama c s

Dec 19, 2019

very instructive......i have been able to gain useful insight into server-side development.....with my REST api/mongo server.; I am really excited about the knowledge i have gained in this course, as it has given me insight into what goes on behind the hood that brings about an interesting user experience .

By Fredrick S

Sep 21, 2019

This course is very useful to me. Especially the course mentor teaching the concepts in detail with very good examples. I like coursera. This is my first course here. I am planning to do more courses here. I strongly recommend this course to you all. It will be very helpful for you and your career growth.

By Ujjwaldeep S

This is the course I needed. The instructor is a brilliant teacher, and his was of explaining core concept and then making it easy by using a package for that is amazing. We all use packages, but we need to understand the core working of it to use it properly, and this courses teaches that very well.

By Priyansh B

Aug 3, 2018

I used to php development in my past days. I am still not that expert in nodeJs and mongoDB server side development, but I am sure that I can develop great web and mobile applications using backend as a service. Firebase and Loopback are just awesome and I am having a hard time to choose one of them.

By Ravi K P

Aug 9, 2019

The course was structured well. Professor Jogesh Muppala has provided useful resources and dealt with security and other frequently used operations in depth. Though this is just a beginners course, it will definitely help students pursue more. I thank Coursera and Jogesh sir for this opportunity.

By Soufiane H

Dec 4, 2020

A very complete course. The professor explain everything, including the aspect of what we should use ? why we have to use it ? how we'll use it ? I recommand this course 100% for people who wants to learn about nodejs mongodb and expressjs. Security aspect such as https, cors, Oauth2 and more

By Woods, C L

Jul 7, 2020

This course does a fantastic job of explaining all the components that go into creating a server: Node, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose. The instructor does a fantastic job of explaining the purpose of each of those components and how the layer on top of each other to add the needed functionality.

By Ivan L

Feb 12, 2019

There are many tutorials which share the ideas how to code for different objectives, which is the most useful to learn a new programming language from scratch. The level of assignment is just above a right level of difficulty, which is a very good chance to consolidate what you've learn.

By Ramūnas P

Dec 30, 2020

Very good courses, despite the fact that part of native js uses outdated modules. The thing to improve is slides. Visual appearance of presentation is rather poor. Besides that, I'm very satisfied with instructors work, and material presented throughout the specialization.

By Samuel S

Oct 18, 2020

Great contents, learned so much. This last course in the specialization is where everything comes together. I liked the clarity and the simplicity in the manner he explains complex topics. The exercises and the assignments are well designed to reinforce new knowledge.

By Oliver F

May 9, 2020

This was a well constructed course that served as a great foundation in understanding the concepts of back end web development. I found Dr Jogesh Muppala had a very clear way of teaching these concepts with the occasional addition of dry humour which was appreciated.

By Akmal S

Aug 6, 2018

I recommend this course even if you have 7-10 years programming experience. This course covers all aspects for creating your own API server. It includes user authorization, a good coverage of cookies and sessions (❤️ ), using Facebook oAuth tokens, uploading images.

By Gez Q

Aug 4, 2018

An excellent course to wrap up the Specialization. Jogesh packs in a wealth of information about setting up and linking a server to your application using the MEAN stack! This is done using a number of examples of different approaches to achieving these tasks.

By Dhruv Y K

Jun 21, 2019

Very good course about nodejs. I didn't know much about nodejs but after completing this course I learned lots of things about nodejs. Very usefull course...Jogesh sir explained each and every thing very easily. Overall anyone can buy this course, it is worth

By Abhinav

May 22, 2020

Very practical course with lots to learn and implement. Loved the way the instructor laid the course. Also, everything related to server-side is covered in this course. After completing this course, I think I am now proficient in server-side development.