Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM

Nov 05, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 21, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

51 - 75 of 389 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Oliver F

May 09, 2020

This was a well constructed course that served as a great foundation in understanding the concepts of back end web development. I found Dr Jogesh Muppala had a very clear way of teaching these concepts with the occasional addition of dry humour which was appreciated.

By Akmal S

Aug 06, 2018

I recommend this course even if you have 7-10 years programming experience. This course covers all aspects for creating your own API server. It includes user authorization, a good coverage of cookies and sessions (❤️ ), using Facebook oAuth tokens, uploading images.

By Gez Q

Aug 04, 2018

An excellent course to wrap up the Specialization. Jogesh packs in a wealth of information about setting up and linking a server to your application using the MEAN stack! This is done using a number of examples of different approaches to achieving these tasks.

By Dhruv Y K

Jun 21, 2019

Very good course about nodejs. I didn't know much about nodejs but after completing this course I learned lots of things about nodejs. Very usefull course...Jogesh sir explained each and every thing very easily. Overall anyone can buy this course, it is worth

By Abhinav

May 22, 2020

Very practical course with lots to learn and implement. Loved the way the instructor laid the course. Also, everything related to server-side is covered in this course. After completing this course, I think I am now proficient in server-side development.

By Oren E

Jogesh Muppala is an excellent instructor with a good feel for how to best present material in a clear and concise fashion. You are walked through the exercises in a methodical fashion the greatly enhanced the learning experience.

Keep up the good work!

By Henk M

Jul 30, 2018

Truly excellent and high quality. I have done other Coursera courses where you spend time debugging the course material using the community and any other means.

Not here: laser sharp explanations and flawless sample code and assignments. Great professor!

By Harsh J

May 22, 2020

Muppala sir was excellent in his teachings,he was very well aware of the topics,and he successfully delivered all the topics,I really enjoyed the journey of this course with muppala sir,Thank you sir,and Thank you Coursera for providing this course

By Gurbachan D

Apr 10, 2019

Great course goes into everything you need to know in detail and nothing missing from the teachings so you can follow the instructions. Great teaching style and covers every aspect of what you will need to do in the future in this technology.

By Yurii V

Apr 17, 2018

Great course! A lot of useful information. Modules are constructed in a very smart and efficient way.

But be careful, node modules are being changed all the time, so some information might be outdated at the time you'll be doing the exercises.

By Gonzalo C D

May 07, 2020

I moved to a company that uses NodeJS, I took this course because I had no experience in using javascript as backend, I am very satisfied with what I learned, the course helped me adapt quickly to my new job. Thank you Professor Muppala. ;)

By Jorge J

Apr 09, 2020

Excelent course to learn nodeJS, express and mongoDB as a start point of server-side development. Thanks Mr. Muppala for details and good course preparation. Everything is line up according the topics needed to learn. Great job teacher!!

By Bhushan C M

Amazing Course by Jogesh Sir. Enjoyed the Assignments. Good Course for Someone who wants to learn to develop backend server using Express (JavaScript). Also Gave Good Knowledge on Authentication. And Learned to Work with Postman. Thanks.

By Cyrus V

Feb 14, 2018

Awesome course! I have learnt a ton of new stuff about server side development and I'm sure of it that this would help me on achieving my goals as a software engineer. Dr. Muppala is a great teacher and explains concepts well.

By Gourab B

May 01, 2020

One of the best course I have ever completed. Personal Thanks to Jogesh sir for all the concepts and the way he made me understand. Its really helpful. All the assignment were good specially the last one. Thank you so much

By Viet A P

Apr 30, 2020

Thank Coursera and Jogesh K. Muppala Really In this Course has 4 parts But I just learned Server - Side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. Because I am a Mobile developer. I learned a lot of Back End.

By Suren P

Dec 14, 2017

Its been a wonderful journey to updated yourself on the technology which you have been working for a so long to keep updated with the latest trends.

Thanks a lot for helping us on the same with good knowledge.

By Shubham B D

May 23, 2020

It is a really good course, it give use basic working Knowledge of Back end coding using Node and Express JS. If you want to start learning Back end Development.....then this will be a good starting point

By Suhas M

Nov 27, 2018

This is an amazing course. It gives basic to in-depth knowledge on becoming a NodeJS, Express and MongoDB developer. Amazing course. Just loved the content of the course and the way they cover the course.

By Abhinav S

Apr 09, 2020

The course was very helpful and contains all the topics required to get started in this domain. All the video lectures were very interesting and not at all monotonous. Thank you, sir, for your guidance.

By Pablo M

Jan 06, 2018

Excellent introduction to the server-side development, a tangible orientation. It's really a refreshing guidance of what is going on last years on the web technology considering the irruption of NodeJS.

By Ricardo G P

Dec 15, 2018

It's a super complete course. Very Easy to understand. Node, Express, Mongo, Mongoose, Passport, OAuth, Cors, HTTP, HTTPS, Tokens, JSON Web Token, REST API, Firebase, LoopBack, It's a top class course

By Oscar A R

Aug 29, 2018

Best course ever, I have gone to Packpub, Apress, simplelearn, etc and did not find the content that I founded here.

I have learned a lot, now I feel I am getting ready for the market on nodeJS.

Thanks.

By Coding_Panda

Jun 19, 2020

We almost implement a simple `Yelp` website backend in this course.

I like the authentication part, which is way simpler than Java.

And the MongoDB Schema design is a little challenge and helpful.

By Sagar M

Apr 08, 2019

The way Mr jogesh has taught in this course is pretty awesome. He first clears the concepts and then we can work on an exercise alongside him. So It's totally hands on and helped me so much.