Back to Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services. At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST - Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework - Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services...

SM

Nov 05, 2018

This is really good course to understand the concept of NodeJs and Mr Jogesh has explained in earch and every bit of the code.Really worth it and appreaciated all who all worked behind this course.

Jul 21, 2019

Good course on Nodejs and MongoDB. It will be helpful, if the instructor add another section of in additional resources for deployment of website for real server(not third party free services).

76 - 100 of 490 Reviews for Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB

By Shubham K

Jul 08, 2020

this course is really good to learn backend with node and mongo db it covers almost everything which is necessary to learn as a backend developer. it helps me to apply my own logic how to write the logic for supporting various routes

By krishna t

Jul 27, 2020

A good course specialization to understand the concepts related to server-side development with Express.js, Node.js, and MongoDB along with many related npm modules like passport for authentication, multer for file upload, etc.

By Cyrus V

Feb 14, 2018

Awesome course! I have learnt a ton of new stuff about server side development and I'm sure of it that this would help me on achieving my goals as a software engineer. Dr. Muppala is a great teacher and explains concepts well.

By Gourab B

May 01, 2020

One of the best course I have ever completed. Personal Thanks to Jogesh sir for all the concepts and the way he made me understand. Its really helpful. All the assignment were good specially the last one. Thank you so much

By Viet A P

Apr 30, 2020

Thank Coursera and Jogesh K. Muppala Really In this Course has 4 parts But I just learned Server - Side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. Because I am a Mobile developer. I learned a lot of Back End.

By Suren P

Dec 14, 2017

Its been a wonderful journey to updated yourself on the technology which you have been working for a so long to keep updated with the latest trends.

Thanks a lot for helping us on the same with good knowledge.

By Shubham B D

May 23, 2020

It is a really good course, it give use basic working Knowledge of Back end coding using Node and Express JS. If you want to start learning Back end Development.....then this will be a good starting point

By Suhas M

Nov 27, 2018

This is an amazing course. It gives basic to in-depth knowledge on becoming a NodeJS, Express and MongoDB developer. Amazing course. Just loved the content of the course and the way they cover the course.

By Abhinav S

Apr 09, 2020

The course was very helpful and contains all the topics required to get started in this domain. All the video lectures were very interesting and not at all monotonous. Thank you, sir, for your guidance.

By Pablo M

Jan 06, 2018

Excellent introduction to the server-side development, a tangible orientation. It's really a refreshing guidance of what is going on last years on the web technology considering the irruption of NodeJS.

By Gaston P

Dec 15, 2018

It's a super complete course. Very Easy to understand. Node, Express, Mongo, Mongoose, Passport, OAuth, Cors, HTTP, HTTPS, Tokens, JSON Web Token, REST API, Firebase, LoopBack, It's a top class course

By Oscar A R

Aug 29, 2018

Best course ever, I have gone to Packpub, Apress, simplelearn, etc and did not find the content that I founded here.

I have learned a lot, now I feel I am getting ready for the market on nodeJS.

Thanks.

By Ruchir R

Aug 10, 2020

Very comprehensive in nature.

Assignments are fell framed and test our learning.

Thanks to the instructor and Hong Kong University for this course and letting me earn an official Coursera certificate

By Coding_Panda

Aug 06, 2020

We almost implement a simple `Yelp` website backend in this course.

I like the authentication part, which is way simpler than Java.

And the MongoDB Schema design is a little challenge and helpful.

By Dhruv G

Nov 25, 2019

The tutor is really good and giving you the best knowledge and good example as well to help understand the concept easily. My suggestion to you if you really wanna learn opt for the course.

By Ajay P

Jul 04, 2020

Mr. Jogesh Muppala has done an excellent job in preparing the course and its content taking learners from naive to advanced. I would highly recommend anyone to take this course!

By Ossama I

Apr 24, 2020

One of the best back-end courses, thank you Coursera and Hong Kong university of Science and Technology for this great course, and thanks mister Muppala for your great teaching.

By Fabrice d S

Dec 27, 2018

Super cours, très didactique, très pragmatique, attention il faut passer du temps sur les devois de fin de module si on veut vraiment apprendre (surtout le dernier assignment)

By Kamalesh K

Jun 11, 2018

It is easy to understand the code and his way of teaching is also good, overall training is very useful for me to learn new technology. Thank you so much for Coursera Team!!!

By Guillermo A H Z

Aug 10, 2020

Este curso es muy interesante, práctico y atractivo. Hay una secuencia lógica en cafa sesión. El docente tienw un conocimiento amplio del tema y es muy dinámico enseñando.

By Mohit S

Feb 17, 2020

It is a Excellent course by Jogesh Muppula. I have clear my All the doubts about the nodejs and also I am capable now to developed a full Website.

Thank you so much........

By Nishant s

Aug 26, 2020

This is one of the best course to learn the server side concepts with node js using expresss , really the instructor had put the best efforts while creating this course .

By Martin V S

Mar 31, 2018

Good job I really liked the course. I'm going now to the angular one, hope has same quality ! Probably it will be a good idea to put a video for async/await in node js.

By Pablo L

Jun 27, 2020

Curso muy recomendable que cubre los conocimientos necesarios para desarrollar una aplicación backend con el lenguaje NodeJS, servidor Express y base de datos MongoDB

By selva

Mar 29, 2019

Excellent Presentation, Clear explanation of concepts ,found answers to many doubts i had before i started the course. Thanks to Jogesh Muppala sir and Coursera